Its slowly starting to get to me. The glitchy AI freezing up or running into walls. They definitely could have polished this game out a lot more before shipping.

P.S. It really is about time we got our own sub-forums.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2011-11-19 at 09:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekbustarz View Post
    powerleveling smithing / enchanting generally tends to throw you in a tight spot, combatwise. I myself did this, although I did pretty much fine, since I coupled this with the dark brotherhood questline, got a nice (really, NICE) dagger, which sits at 46 damage, without enchant right now. (Blade of Woe, I think it's called). It also has the life-leech enchant.
    With a lot of sneak and a good dagger you can generally one-shot most mobs.
    EDIT: It's at 46 damage with legendary improvement through smithing.
    EDIT2: You won't have big problems though; I stocked up on materials so I could just build myself a dragon scale armor set(light armor set.)
    Yea I know what you mean, I did the profession leveling thing on my first playthrough and felt as though I cheated so I just cleared the main quest chain and now I'm playing again as a stealthy character but I haven't done professions.

Sitting at level 24 with 100 sneak, bow and daggers at 45 with 30x sneak attacks too. (I too have the dagger, coupled with a sword I can't remember the name of and the nightingale bow + armour)

I thought powerleveling professions was a little pointless, you get professions to 100 and you'll be level 20-30 or whatever but you'd have no combat perks, wouldn't that make combat a little harder?
    Power leveling professions is fine as long as you have the combat skills to back them up first. I'm 100 smithing and 80 enchanting right now, haven't really needed additional combat perks since I hit level 30.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Dungeons I have been in are basically copy and paste and moved around a bit to make them feel unique. Seriously Wows dungeons are amazing compared to these dungeons. Done 10 of them so far and they are all in underground areas which have exactly the same rocks, random streams, lighting, mobs, loot, feel.

The quests in skyrim are still terrible. Go to here and beat up a guy, follow a guard and kill a dragon. I think you get the idea.
    If you don't like the game don't play it. We got your points from your first post. If we agree or not is up to us. If you haven't realized yet this thread is not "rate Skyrim". Its a pseudo Skyrim sub-forum while we wait for the mods to give us an actual one.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Dungeons I have been in are basically copy and paste and moved around a bit to make them feel unique. Seriously Wows dungeons are amazing compared to these dungeons. Done 10 of them so far and they are all in underground areas which have exactly the same rocks, random streams, lighting, mobs, loot, feel.

The quests in skyrim are still terrible. Go to here and beat up a guy, follow a guard and kill a dragon. I think you get the idea.
    I love arguments like this one. That's the same thing wow is btw: new xpac > instance > wipe for 7 hours > get loot > jump around in SW > xpac > instance > wipe > get loot

Essentially, all games are like that, all games are repetitive. So what's your point? It just depends on how much fun the player is getting out of it. Personally, when I played wow, I thought raiding was the most boring repetitive crap, and the countless hours of wiping (because 1 guy messed up) was even more annoying.

different strokes for different folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tutorial View Post
    Goodluck doing that on Expert. Not to mention Master.

Seriously though, on my warrior I clear everything on expert without even looking what i'm hitting. All except Arch Fire mages. They are OP, no joke.

On my archer I have no chance on expert if I don't use potions and resi potions. Forget 'bout 1 shotting them @ expert.
    Really?

You were saying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sitting at 60 hours played , I'm mostly a warrior with dual wield weapons atm using Dawnbreaker and Mace of Molag bal , and full ebony armor set with ebony mail(daedric artifact) , finished most of the factions and main quest and I'm now collecting artifacs and leveling most skills has high as I can , also made it an objective to farm all the dragon priest marks and get all the shouts maxed !

I explained why the game was bad.

Or did you not read my post?

This is just a skyrim is best ever thread full of fanboys.

And the models in the game are just copy and paste everywhere.

Same trees same mobs same weapons same dungeons same everything.

Hell the quests are even worse than wows too.
    Sorry I know you're enjoying that hatoraide but get real.

The combat is anything but dull, let me ask you how combat isn't dull in WoW? You sit and spam your buttons and move out of fire. In skyrim you move constantly during combat.. not unlike oblivion. The quests are worse than in WoW? Alright well that pretty much threw all credibility you had out the window and labeled yourself a troll.

Since you like to compare WoW to single player RPGs let's talk about how WoW uses the same skins on everything, and I mean EVERYTHING.

This game is awesome <3 guess I'm a fan boi xD

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    I love arguments like this one. That's the same thing wow is btw: new xpac > instance > wipe for 7 hours > get loot > jump around in SW > xpac > instance > wipe > get loot

Essentially, all games are like that, all games are repetitive. So what's your point? It just depends on how much fun the player is getting out of it. Personally, when I played wow, I thought raiding was the most boring repetitive crap, and the countless hours of wiping (because 1 guy messed up) was even more annoying.

different strokes for different folks.
    He's a bad troll and got owned for it.
    Last edited by Bartuc the Bloody; 2011-11-19 at 09:45 PM.

If i do the Dark Brotherhood questchain, and kill everyone in the quests - will i lose out on any quests any of them would have given me?

In addition, while doing one of the earlier Thieves Guild quests at the Brewery near Riften (with the bee hives and mercenaries), i accidentally ended up killing the main guy who ran it - will that make me lose any quests?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    If i do the Dark Brotherhood questchain, and kill everyone in the quests - will i lose out on any quests any of them would have given me?

In addition, while doing one of the earlier Thieves Guild quests at the Brewery near Riften (with the bee hives and mercenaries), i accidentally ended up killing the main guy who ran it - will that make me lose any quests?
    The new Radiant Story system in Skyrim will shunt any quests a dead NPC had to a new NPC as long as the quest wasn't started yet. If for some reason any of the Dark Brotherhood targets were questgivers, their quests are reallocated to different NPCs upon their death.
    Thank you dubbelbasse for the excellent sig!

Thanks for letting me now!
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how even the most innocent of quests in Skyrim suddenly turn out to have been masterminded by a Daedric Prince. O-o.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    I have a question about the Dark Brotherhood. Now I undestand that in previous games they were borderline evil, but after reading their quests on the wiki I have to ask, are they still evil or are they more like vigilantes this game? Because of course that... well not to spoil, if you chose one path at start and them you're shooting yourself in the leg, but if you're choosing the other side at start you do exactly what you should to secure a decisive victory of your side by killing... someone at the end.

So, bottom line, are they more evil, as in do they still do just killings for money even killing innocents because someone didn't like them, or are they vigilantes that get payed or assassins who only kill those that deserve it?

Thanks for any responses and sorry if it's been asked before.

I have a question about the Dark Brotherhood. Now I undestand that in previous games they were borderline evil, but after reading their quests on the wiki I have to ask, are they still evil or are they more like vigilantes this game? Because of course that... well not to spoil, if you chose one path at start and them you're shooting yourself in the leg, but if you're choosing the other side at start you do exactly what you should to secure a decisive victory of your side by killing... someone at the end.

So, bottom line, are they more evil, as in do they still do just killings for money even killing innocents because someone didn't like them, or are they vigilantes that get payed or assassins who only kill those that deserve it?
    The dark brotherhood quest is still pretty twisted, but I wouldn't say it's anything like Oblivion. They kill people just for money, just like it's always been. It was still the most fun questline in the game for me.

I love the main music theme (Sons of Skyrim) but this metal cover even more

I am trying to do the bedlam quests for the thieves guild where you have to steal 500 gold worth of stuff from a city. How do I do this? I know I have stolen waay over that but nothing happens. I even go sell the stuff to Tonilla but nothing happens.

Deleted
    I'm on the Reunification of Skyrim quest (imperials) and after regaining the pale i got "Regaining Winterhold Hold", I know from youtube videos that some got "Regaining Riften" and not winterhold.

I also have a problem because when i go to the camp where i'm supposed to talk to Legate Rikke to get my next order, she doesn't have a third conversation option, just the standard 2 (no, new orders)

So i'm basically stuck here in the Imperials chain and i can't switch to the Stormcloaks so i can't finish the Civil War.

Did anyone find a workaround or bug fix ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post

Thanks for any responses and sorry if it's been asked before.
    From doing their quests I would say they are pretty much just in it for the money. They do not ask questions really over what the person did to be deserving of murder they just follow the orders of the person paying. They are also very prideful and will take very risky jobs if that means that people will start to fear them even more. So I would say yes they are evil but they still overall have a sense of union towards each other and other criminals. If you are not with them or not friends with them then they dont give a shit about you and will kill you if somebody is willing to pay

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    The dark brotherhood quest is still pretty twisted, but I wouldn't say it's anything like Oblivion. They kill people just for money, just like it's always been. It was still the most fun questline in the game for me.
    thank you.

---------- Post added 2011-11-20 at 01:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    From doing their quests I would say they are pretty much just in it for the money. They do not ask questions really over what the person did to be deserving of murder they just follow the orders of the person paying. They are also very prideful and will take very risky jobs if that means that people will start to fear them even more. So I would say yes they are evil but they still overall have a sense of union towards each other and other criminals. If you are not with them or not friends with them then they dont give a shit about you and will kill you if somebody is willing to pay
    thank you as well.

I asked the question because the "initiation" quest wasn't very clear on that, I mean this time it looked more like a test of if you can use your brain on whom to kill then killing at random. I like to not be a "bad" guy, but I like my character to be a vigilante in a way. So this is why I asked.

(Minor Spolier) Well the initiation quest there is no right answer. The game never states who is the person, so it implies you can chose whoever. She just wants to see if you will kill somebody because she orders you to. You can even kill all 3 and she applauds you for "not taking a chance" on letting the target live.