Thanks man, gonna take a look at them now
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

I can't decide for the life of me if I wanna go light or heavy armor. I'm level 25 and have been using only light armor so far but haven't put any point into it. I know I'll eventually have to. My sneak skill is the highest so far and I'm backstabbing like crazy (stealth archer always reveals me if I'm trying to camp in a tight spot) but I wanna go sword and board for those sticky situations where I'm revealed and against dragons. I know you can go light armor + sword and board but Daedric armor looks sooooo much cooler than the Dragon one. Right now I'm just rolling with my Nightingale even though I'm sacrificing the Darkbrother +20% to bows.

So long story short: heavy or light armor?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Daedric armor looks sooooo much cooler than the Dragon one.
    Here's your answer.

I thought the best looking set is Nightingale, so went with light armor. There is no gamebreaking difference between light and heavy armor anyway - with heavy you are noisier when sneaking, slower (perk changes that), get more armor. But you cant get THAT much more armor from heavy anyway, because theres an armor cap of ~580 or 600+ or smth. So choose what you think looks best.
    Last edited by mmoc024edb9800; 2011-11-27 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHunt View Post
    Here's your answer.

I thought the best looking set is Nightingale, so went with light armor. There is no gamebreaking difference between light and heavy armor anyway - with heavy you are noisier when sneaking, slower (perk changes that), get more armor. But you cant get THAT much more armor from heavy anyway, because theres an armor cap of ~580 or 600+ or smth. So choose what you think looks best.
    I thought the cap was lower, like 480 was what I read I'm pretty sure but maybe my source was wrong.

Also, if you really like Nightingale but you don't like it's enchants there's a mod out there that removes its mods so you can put your own enchants on it. I use nightingale that has all bow/sneak/muffle/stamina enchants.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHunt View Post
    But you cant get THAT much more armor from heavy anyway, because theres an armor cap of ~580 or 600+ or smth. So choose what you think looks best.

wrong, i got over 1k on my warrior, use a shield, use a blacksmith pot, and a 4set of +smithing gear to improve your gear and you can easily get over 1k armour

the daedric gear is slightly better than the dragon stuff, plus the dragon smithing doesnt have accompanying weapons

also with 100% block dmg with your shield perks / chants being in heavy armour IS a game changing choice, especially at level 70+

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    wrong, i got over 1k on my warrior, use a shield, use a blacksmith pot, and a 4set of +smithing gear to improve your gear and you can easily get over 1k armour

the daedric gear is slightly better than the dragon stuff, plus the dragon smithing doesnt have accompanying weapons

also with 100% block dmg with your shield perks / chants being in heavy armour IS a game changing choice, especially at level 70+
    You might be able to get 1k armor, but once you get to a certain point it's just useless. Damage reduction caps at 80%, which happens at 567 armor rating.

Deleted
    what i meant was that damage reduction is capped at 80% which you can reach by getting armor to 567 or 580 or whatever (different forums give different answers). Any armor past that is useless.

edit: damn you grandpab, Y U SO FAST??
    Last edited by mmoc024edb9800; 2011-11-27 at 04:12 AM.

if thats true whats the point of being able to get higher armour rating? is that official? or just forum bullshit

if thats true whats the point of being able to get higher armour rating? is that official? or just forum bullshit
    I assume it's been tested. I don't think blacksmithing potions and buffs were supposed to work for armor rating (or damage) the way they did, or Bethesda perhaps didn't care enough about the interaction to change it or fix it. At that point, your character's pretty much broken regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I assume it's been tested. I don't think blacksmithing potions and buffs were supposed to work for armor rating (or damage) the way they did, or Bethesda perhaps didn't care enough about the interaction to change it or fix it. At that point, your character's pretty much broken regardless.
    well the profession skill buffs worked pretty much the same way as morrowind so I don't see how they wouldn't see it happening (although not quite as easy to get massive buffs haha). My guess is they know it's a single player game and you can choose to do it if you want to so w/e

whats the point in the higher tier armour then if it doesnt do anything? still sounds like forum bullshit to me, why would they add things like that then not test/tweak? i dont see it happening

whats the point in the higher tier armour then if it doesnt do anything? still sounds like forum bullshit to me, why would they add things like that then not test/tweak? i dont see it happening
    how did they implement the UI without testing it first?

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Armor

Higher tier heavy armor, using the enchants/potions, and armor upgrades are basically all for getting to the cap faster or easier.

yeah i just read that on the wiki before you posted, seems really stupid to have the higher tier heavy armour, next to useless except for looks, if you can upgrade a lesser set really well to reach the cap

Who have you married?

Here's my wedding video. Not too special. Anyone marry someone different?

I married Ysolda.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theorangebox View Post
    That sucks, so they're basically forcing us to do the entire thing again if we wanna try out all playstyles.... -.-

There must be a way to reset perks?

Anyway, how do I avoid writing over my main save, if I make an alt? I've heard rumours PC gamers tend to overwrite their main's save.
    1) Brilliant deduction Shercock. Did you figure that one out by yourself? The game intends you to have several playthroughs. (the decisions you make ingame are a hint)

2) By paying fucking attention to what you're doing.

Quick question. Ive just currently met up with Paar- Paarthanax? The Dragon on top of The Throat of The World. Pretty cool guy to be honest. And Im now looking for an elder scroll.

Just wanted to know, do we acctually meet any Daedra in Skyrim? I killed some weird black and red skinned dudes in Daedric armour when I was doing the Methunes Dagon side quest, but is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by Punchbag View Post
    Quick question. Ive just currently met up with Paar- Paarthanax? The Dragon on top of The Throat of The World. Pretty cool guy to be honest. And Im now looking for an elder scroll.

Just wanted to know, do we acctually meet any Daedra in Skyrim? I killed some weird black and red skinned dudes in Daedric armour when I was doing the Methunes Dagon side quest, but is that it?
    There was a quest for a deadric artifact where maron (the big bad from oblivion) summons 2 to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by sef24 View Post
    There was a quest for a deadric artifact where maron (the big bad from oblivion) summons 2 to kill you.
    The the one ive done. No more after that then?

Deleted
    I haven't seen any other than the ones you have mentioned. Plenty of daedric lord quests though. Well, 15, I think. Won't say what they involve though due to potential spoilers.