15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    They were going to cut my head off, ya im going to destroy the imperials and the Thalmor. One man army dragonborn!
    Only person I blame for that is that bitch who said I should go to the block. But hey she got what was coming to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Only person I blame for that is that bitch who said I should go to the block. But hey she got what was coming to her.
    I feel compelled to always go with the Stormcloak at the beginning just so I can kill that redguard bitch!

Ulfric is racists bastard who only cares about himself. He uses the pretense of "freeing" the nord from the oppresive Thalmor as a cloak to hide his true intention. The empire had to bow down to the Thalmor. It was that or get completely own'd. Which would you rather do? Keep your people save by banning the worship of a god or getting steamrolled? I'd go the option that saves lives. As someone else said earlier in the thread, Pride kills.
    Ulfric allowed outsiders into his walls even though he could not divert resources towards them. He could say no. How did he get his start? Oh yeah, by saving a city full of people from invaders. He is freeing Skyrim from oppression. Whether that is supposed to coverup for some ulterior motive is irrelevant if its helping out everyone in the region. I'm not so fatalistic as you. I see the cause of freedom as something worth fighting and dying for. I don't see the empire as having exhausted every resource in their resistance or the Dominion as having subdued the people they effectively rule. It goes without saying that being an apocalypse averting dragonborn hero helps legitimize by willingness to stand up against overwhelming odds

You know what else I don't see? Stormcloak torture chambers. The empire's intro at the start of the game says they "wish they didn't need them." I didn't have time to hear the Thalmor explain theirs away. Hardly the only reason why I think the Stormcloaks have the moral high ground over the Empire(one side didn't try to cut my head off without even accusing me of a crime), but its a good one. The empire tortures and kills indiscriminately. As the player I see this firsthand. The Stormcloaks are full of people willing to lay down their lives for their homes and loved ones. If the front lines against the Dominion make it to their doorsteps, all the worse for the Dominion. Sometimes it isn't pride, its just knowing whats worth dying for. Conviction overcomes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsurgeon View Post
    Ulfric allowed outsiders into his walls even though he could not divert resources towards them. He could say no. How did he get his start? Oh yeah, by saving a city full of people from invaders. He is freeing Skyrim from oppression. Whether that is supposed to coverup for some ulterior motive is irrelevant if its helping out everyone in the region. I'm not so fatalistic as you. I see the cause of freedom as something worth fighting and dying for. I don't see the empire as having exhausted every resource in their resistance or the Dominion as having subdued the people they effectively rule. It goes without saying that being an apocalypse averting dragonborn hero helps legitimize by willingness to stand up against overwhelming odds

You know what else I don't see? Stormcloak torture chambers. The empire's intro at the start of the game says they "wish they didn't need them." I didn't have time to hear the Thalmor explain theirs away. Hardly the only reason why I think the Stormcloaks have the moral high ground over the Empire(one side didn't try to cut my head off without even accusing me of a crime), but its a good one. The empire tortures and kills indiscriminately. As the player I see this firsthand. The Stormcloaks are full of people willing to lay down their lives for their homes and loved ones. If the front lines against the Dominion make it to their doorsteps, all the worse for the Dominion. Sometimes it isn't pride, its just knowing whats worth dying for. Conviction overcomes.
    Oh please, have you sat and listened to Ulfric and his right hand talk? They could care less about lives. They are as bad as the empire if you seriously believe that the Empire "tortures and kills indiscriminately." Ulfric is of the mindset that either you are with him or against him and is more than willing to take down anyone not with him. That means hurting innocent ppl who want nothing to do with a silly civil war that doesn't NOTHING but hurt Skyrim and the Empire as a whole. If people would suck up their pride and work WITH the empire they could take out the Thalmor and be done with the threat it brings. But no because people are too stubborn and proud to see beyond what's in their face, that's likely to not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    I feel compelled to always go with the Stormcloak at the beginning just so I can kill that redguard bitch!
    Truthfully I always felt that hadvar made up for her. Still wish he was one of the guys I could marry.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2011-12-02 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Come to Mmo-Champion to discuss the in-game politics like the rest of the great Dragonborns?
    I used to be a forum poster like you, then i took an arrow in the knee

15+ Year Old Account
    I used to be a forum poster like you, then i took an arrow in the knee
    People should use "But then I took a sword through the chest" moar. :\

People should use "But then I took a sword through the chest" moar. :\
    Once Cappy the kneesbane strikes you will know what its like to take a arrow to the knee

15+ Year Old Account
    Once Cappy the kneesbane strikes you will know what its like to take a arrow to the knee
    Prettttyyy sureee Stabby the cheststriker is far more deadlier.

Now that I think about it, that wasn't as funny as I thought it would be.

Prettttyyy sureee Stabby the cheststriker is far more deadlier.

Now that I think about it, that wasn't as funny as I thought it would be.
    A for effort!

And good one Dalliah I laughed

Truthfully I always felt that hadvar made up for her. Still wish he was one of the guys I could marry.
    It would be awesome if that NPC was around after Helgen so you could catch up to her later and... deal with her as you see fit. lol

Pretty sure as a dragon born I can take on the empire, the stormcloaks and the thalmor at the same time.

Bring it.

(which btw is why I am the leader of the Dark brotherhood and a full fleged (level 4) vampire)

"Ill kill you all"

I hope a mod comes out that adds a secret vampire group that contacts you if you become a vampire. Actually just put vampire the masquerade in skyrim

It would be awesome if that NPC was around after Helgen so you could catch up to her later and... deal with her as you see fit. lol
    She's the Imperial Captain that appears if you go with Ralof into the Keep.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

15+ Year Old Account
    A for effort!

And good one Dalliah I laughed
    Yay! *runs off to tell mother she got an A for effort* :3

I hope a mod comes out that adds a secret vampire group that contacts you if you become a vampire. Actually just put vampire the masquerade in skyrim
    If by secret vampire group you mean they run into towns kill everything that can be killed, then invisibility sneak out when all thats left are gods (I would assume they are gods, because they cannot be killed) then yes. I will join.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    She's the Imperial Captain that appears if you go with Ralof into the Keep.
    I realize that, hence why I said I feel compelled to always choose Ralof so that I can kill the bitch. I want to be able to choose Hadvar, and for her NPC to survive Helgen so that I can find her later.

Deleted
    I wished the same thing!:P Speaking of Hadvar, does he survive if you go with Ralof? I really liked him and wish he doesn't die if you don't go with him.

I realize that, hence why I said I feel compelled to always choose Ralof so that I can kill the bitch. I want to be able to choose Hadvar, and for her NPC to survive Helgen so that I can find her later.
    Well, that's what I get for not reading the entire page before I reply.

I would definitely be in on some sort of vampire clan, too. Might have to work on that once the Creation Kit hits.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    I wished the same thing!:P Speaking of Hadvar, does he survive if you go with Ralof? I really liked him and wish he doesn't die if you don't go with him.
    I don't know but I don't think so. :\

Oh please, have you sat and listened to Ulfric and his right hand talk? They could care less about lives. They are as bad as the empire if you seriously believe that the Empire "tortures and kills indiscriminately." Ulfric is of the mindset that either you are with him or against him and is more than willing to take down anyone not with him. That means hurting innocent ppl who want nothing to do with a silly civil war that doesn't NOTHING but hurt Skyrim and the Empire as a whole. If people would suck up their pride and work WITH the empire they could take out the Thalmor and be done with the threat it brings. But no because people are too stubborn and proud to see beyond what's in their face, that's likely to not happen.

There is no military force strong enough to take on the Aldmeri Dominion. Even if the Stormcloaks joined the Empire, they would be crushed easily. It is a no win scenario without the help of a supernatural being like Talos, or the Dragonborn.

It's like this. In the past, any time the Empire or the world was in serious trouble, Talos and the other Divines were like, "Sup! Dun worry, we got this!" and either directly or indirectly, they saved the Empire. This time when the Empire is about to be destroyed, they agree to outlaw the worship of Talos, and the gods don't come down to pull their butts out of the fire for the first time in history.

Am I the only one that sees a correlation there? And people are saying that siding with the dudes that quite literally gave their real, physical, living god the finger, is supposed to be smart?

This isn't real life where religion is up for debate. This is Elder Scrolls. Talos is real, he's virtually all powerful, he can take physical form on Nirn whenever he wishes and has done so in the past, and he's probably pretty pissed off. He has always protected the Empire in the past. The one time the Empire turns their back on him, he doesn't appear to save the day. This isn't rocket surgery.