Deleted
    A simple comparison to the Stormcloaks and the Imperials ->
    The Stormcloaks are like Hitler's Nazis and the Imperials are representations of Stalin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magellanmini View Post
    A simple comparison to the Stormcloaks and the Imperials ->
    The Stormcloaks are like Hitler's Nazis and the Imperials are representations of Stalin
    Okay, aside from racism, please tell me HOW Stormcloaks are Nazis? It's not like they scream bloody genocide at non humans, they're just apathetic.

If anything, the Imperials are Nazis, they're oppressing a religion.

theres a bug, i cant hang weapons and shields in Breezehome in whiterun, is there any fix for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    Okay, aside from racism, please tell me HOW Stormcloaks are Nazis? It's not like they scream bloody genocide at non humans, they're just apathetic.

If anything, the Imperials are Nazis, they're oppressing a religion.
    The Thalmor are the ones trying to suppress the worship of this one god. The Imperials are just working with them because the Thalmor won the war and it was part of the treaty.

Someone might call the Stormcloaks nazis because they believe in race supremacy and Skyrim belongs to the Nords. You hear Nords say that sometimes when they are attacking. The Stormcloaks home city of Windhelm forces all the dark elves to live in the getto of the city and don't even allow the argonians inside.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    After they take power, the Stormcloaks actually become the most powerful human faction in Tamriel, and elicit actual fear from the Thalmor.

Anyway, I think that Shor will return to lead mankind to shake off the tyranny of the Elves, just as he did in the First Era.

EDI: If anyone has the Legendary Wuuthrad mod, please please please tell me how you got it to work.
    that statement is wrong... there is no way of knowing any of that and you cant just assume it. the redguards beat a weakend thalmor and the nords also lost to the thalmor defending cyrodill if im not mistaken. the thalmor are growing in strength every day collecting the most powerful weapons of magic in all of the world skyrim is set in the calm before the storm the thalmor fear both the imperials and the stormcloaks its not just ulfric what they fear is skyrim getting its act together and being able to fight a civil war makes both sides weaker.

but what i dont get is why have bethesda made it so you can win as the imperials the stormcloaks or form an alliance they cant carry on the lore with 3 different directions also you can kill Paarthunax so thats another problem also being dragonborn yet sexless and raceless means there cant be a new dragonborn emperor wich is what should happen to you when you save the world...

Quote Originally Posted by strombae View Post
    that statement is wrong... there is no way of knowing any of that and you cant just assume it. the redguards beat a weakend thalmor and the nords also lost to the thalmor defending cyrodill if im not mistaken. the thalmor are growing in strength every day collecting the most powerful weapons of magic in all of the world skyrim is set in the calm before the storm the thalmor fear both the imperials and the stormcloaks its not just ulfric what they fear is skyrim getting its act together and being able to fight a civil war makes both sides weaker.

but what i dont get is why have bethesda made it so you can win as the imperials the stormcloaks or form an alliance they cant carry on the lore with 3 different directions also you can kill Paarthunax so thats another problem also being dragonborn yet sexless and raceless means there cant be a new dragonborn emperor wich is what should happen to you when you save the world...
    You'd be surprised how creative Bethesda can get with the lore. Just look at Daggerfall, there were 6 possible endings, each of them very different. Their solution to that, Akatosh changed reality when the player entered Aetherius, forcing all possible outcomes to happen, including the contradictory ones. This actually created doubles of some people, including the infamous Mannimarco.

Also, Bethesda has a default race/gender picked out for each main character, just in case. For example, the main character of Oblivion is named Bendu Olo, he's a male Imperial with black hair and brown eyes. Bethesda has their bases covered surprisingly well concerning lore.

Got Skyrim this sunday and I've been off the grid since. I've currently been most involved with my Battlemage, having tried out a Warrior type class first, I kind of found myself being overly weak against the stronger creatures running around. Going to create a Thief type soon but I'm currently busy on a re-run on my new warrior.

I would really like to get a proper set up of skills that makes the warrior class viable against any creature and not just bandits or any sort of humanoid-like creature.

Can anyone help me with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Got Skyrim this sunday and I've been off the grid since. I've currently been most involved with my Battlemage, having tried out a Warrior type class first, I kind of found myself being overly weak against the stronger creatures running around. Going to create a Thief type soon but I'm currently busy on a re-run on my new warrior.

I would really like to get a proper set up of skills that makes the warrior class viable against any creature and not just bandits or any sort of humanoid-like creature.

Can anyone help me with this?
    Smithing, Heavy armor, and a two handed weapon of your choice. Keep your gear upgraded, and try to craft daedric as soon as possible. It also helps if you level enchanting and alchemy and you enchant your gear with fortify two handed damage, magic resistance, and health/health regen.

Disclaimer, if you do all of that, the game will become piss easy, even on master. Warriors are actually the most OP characters when you build them right. If you don't want the game to become too easy due to being a god, don't go nuts on the crafting. One handed and shield, or dual wield is also capable of one shotting everything in the game, I just feel like two handed is a little better, and easier near the start.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2011-12-27 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Smithing, Heavy armor, and a two handed weapon of your choice. Keep your gear upgraded, and try to craft daedric as soon as possible. It also helps if you level enchanting and alchemy and you enchant your gear with fortify two handed damage, magic resistance, and health/health regen.

Disclaimer, if you do all of that, the game will become piss easy, even on master. Warriors are actually the most OP characters when you build them right. If you don't want the game to become too easy due to being a god, don't go nuts on the crafting. One handed and shield, or dual wield is also capable of one shotting everything in the game, I just feel like two handed is a little better, and easier near the start.
    I should have added, I hate using two-handed weapons because the animations look horrible and it doesn't feel right when you have a big two-hander floating on your back.. I want to play Sword 'n Board preferably. I guess I'll need enchanting on my weapon to make up for the damage loss?

I should have added, I hate using two-handed weapons because the animations look horrible and it doesn't feel right when you have a big two-hander floating on your back.. I want to play Sword 'n Board preferably. I guess I'll need enchanting on my weapon to make up for the damage loss?
    Not really. Smithing alone more than makes up for any damage loss. Combine it with alchemy and enchanting, and things get ridiculous very quickly. I too prefer a sword and shield. On my max level warrior, my power attacks with a daedric longsword crit for over 5000 damage. That's enough to one shot Elder Dragons. And I haven't even built my character to be as powerful as possible. Smithing is so powerful it feels like cheating.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2011-12-27 at 03:45 PM.

100 smithing/100 enchanting can one-shot just about everything with a one handed sword smack. Might take two power attacks to drop an ancient dragon though.

Just 100 smithing alone will let you one-shot more than half the game.
    Last edited by Zafire; 2011-12-27 at 06:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so I downloaded Skyrim on my new PC. Do I have to start a new character or is there a way to move my character over to the new PC??

Quote Originally Posted by angael View Post
    Ok, so I downloaded Skyrim on my new PC. Do I have to start a new character or is there a way to move my character over to the new PC??
    You can move your saves from your old computer. They're usually found in your documents;

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves

Substitute "User" with the name of your computer profile, and you'll be good to go. (This is the default file path)

10+ Year Old Account

Sword and Board isn't bad, but dual wield is so much fun. I have 2 daedric swords, one with lifesteal + stam steal, and another with fire damage + soul trap and it's soooo much fun. I originally started as 2h warrior, but dw is a lot of fun as well.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

worst game ever.
    pathetic combat system that is 10 times slower than what ur target's attack speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashdakari View Post
    You can move your saves from your old computer. They're usually found in your documents;

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves

Substitute "User" with the name of your computer profile, and you'll be good to go. (This is the default file path)
    awesome, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    worst game ever.
    pathetic combat system that is 10 times slower than what ur target's attack speed.
    I don't really understand what you mean exactly... so, I'm gonna assume that you are a troll.

If your calling a game of the year the worst game ever, you should really look into changing your definition of a bad game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    If your calling a game of the year the worst game ever, you should really look into changing your definition of a bad game.
    It's not really the worst game; but it definitely doesn't deserve the attention and goty awards.
    I've probably done this to death in this thread and people will kill me if I start again but w/e.

This guy is exaggerating but he has a point; the combat is atrocious. The quests are atrocious. The AI and physics are hilariously bad; no facial expressions, bad voice acting, soulless/lifeless.

To be fair it's an absolutely amazing hiking sim and exploration simulator. If you are a LARPer; you'll like this game obviously (and a lot more after mods come out). I've definitely had my share of fun exploring the mostly beautiful world and the handful of very well crafted dungeons.

>HAY BUT THAT JUST UR OPINION MAN
    >BBBBUT MODS WILL FIX ERYTHING
    >ALL QUEST SKYRIM SO AWESUM <3 ^_^ xDxD
    >HUGE GAEM NOT PAWSIBAL TO MAEK 2 MANY GEWD QUEST
    >COMBAT NOT BAD MAYB U SUX
    >WHO CARE IT FUN GAM ANEWAY LOL U JUTS HATE FUN
    >I MEAN ARROW TO THE KNEE RITE xDD
    >MAYBE U NOT LIEK FUN
    >UR JJUST A BETH HATER
    >UMAD BECUZ OUR GAME IS THE BEST???

Just got to lvl 15 with my Warrior class and I absolutely love it! I really underestimated the armor rating and damage I can dish out. Just feeling I should share this with you guys, one of my most epic moments in this game so far.

A dragon appeared in Solitude as I was going there to hand in a quest. The only sad part is how easily it got killed. That's what you get when you pick a fight with the Imperial barracks I guess!

http://i.imgur.com/DMjn4.jpg

Don't post massive pictures.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-12-28 at 10:06 PM.