this game is like crack. i have 5 charecters made. played as a heavy/2nd, rogue/bow/stealth, full on mage, 100% vamp illusion/stealth, and a sword and board spellsword/pally. all are above level 50 and the 2hd is maxed at level 81.5 (all skills at 100). was on the skyrim forums and caught wind of a full on healer build that i may try too. basically all you do is heal your companions. anything to keep this game goin. i'm on the 360 so no mods for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Mainquest has me hooked. Now I have to go to the Labyrinthian.....I don't like long dungeons.
    Whatever you do, DO NOT GO INTO SHALIDOR'S MAZE WITH YOUR FOLLOWER. They will be permanently stuck there, their pathing gets bugged when trying to reach the exit and they will be stuck in there for the rest of the game. Make them wait outside.

Unless they fixed this in a patch recently. from what I remember there wasnt any news about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DDazzle View Post
    this game is like crack. i have 5 charecters made. played as a heavy/2nd, rogue/bow/stealth, full on mage, 100% vamp illusion/stealth, and a sword and board spellsword/pally. all are above level 50 and the 2hd is maxed at level 81.5 (all skills at 100). was on the skyrim forums and caught wind of a full on healer build that i may try too. basically all you do is heal your companions. anything to keep this game goin. i'm on the 360 so no mods for me
    Jesus, that's a shitload of hours played.

---------- Post added 2012-01-05 at 09:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Whatever you do, DO NOT GO INTO SHALIDOR'S MAZE WITH YOUR FOLLOWER. They will be permanently stuck there, their pathing gets bugged when trying to reach the exit and they will be stuck in there for the rest of the game. Make them wait outside.

Unless they fixed this in a patch recently. from what I remember there wasnt any news about it.
    Thanks for the warning, but I never have companions with me. I find them annoying. :P

Thanks for the warning, but I never have companions with me. I find them annoying. :P
    They are really helpful at times. You can even give them gear to make them worth the while. Although I must say that at some points companions really do suck. They constantly die when facing a group of strong opponents forcing you to leave them (This really sucks when you've kitted them quite a bit) or load a previous save game.

Mainquest has me hooked. Now I have to go to the Labyrinthian.....I don't like long dungeons.
    Just so you know, Labyrinthian is college of Winterhold stuff, not mainquest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    They are really helpful at times. You can even give them gear to make them worth the while. Although I must say that at some points companions really do suck. They constantly die when facing a group of strong opponents forcing you to leave them (This really sucks when you've kitted them quite a bit) or load a previous save game.
    Only the quest companions are semi-helpful (although they usually still mess up sneaking). They are only good as packmules at the start but in the end, what is there that is so good that you absolutely have to pick up to fill that 300+ lbs? Even ebony weapons cost like 1/3 of a potion I can make by picking up some flowers from the side of the road to the dungeon:P

Well, at least it's now like in New Vegas where you HAD to drag them with to advance their personal quests.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DDazzle View Post
    this game is like crack.
    Yea..yea it is! Its the only game Ive played in YEARS where when I devote time to oother games (cuz I have a sub to 3 MMOs and keep certain nights there LOL)) I get withdrawls where all I can do is think about Skyrim and when I will get a chance to play again (usually mostly on weekends).

Im at roughly the 60 hour mark and level 30 (Ive got only theh one character, everything to be done will be only on her as I hate rerolling and alts) and Ive not even touched the left half of the map yet! Just been concerning myself with Windhlem, Winterhold, and mostly Riften now. Got dozens of quests Im trying to finish up before I move to another new city and get another dozen or so more LOL. Finishing off the Companion quest series and only just barely into the main plot line. So Im taking the game in stages, trying to clear out most quests around each town before going to another town.

So awwesome I prolly have another 60 hours or more and then with the Crreation Engine coming out this month we will have even MORE content *zomg*

This game is crack.

(However, Im not sold on GOTY. The bugs , esp.. at release with playing on the PC, really keep it from that GOTY title in my eyes, but if you throw out the issues with the bugs - then everything else is a Yes.)

Also - i f you hate companions ( I do mostly to, I use them on occasion just for something different but I find myself constantly looking after them and not really able to run dungeons the way I want) - and you really hate that weight limit. You can put in a code to push the weight limit up with the console. Dont need a mod or nothing, just the command (any wikki or skyrim site will have it listed).

I played to level 28 with the game forced weight limit and took companions out when I really thought Id be away from town for awhile cuz I hated to "cheat" that way. But I got really tired of dropping awesome things (yes put points in stam to but after hitting my first dwarven dungeon Im getting wayyy to much awesome equipment to keep or sell instead of just cheap crap) so I finally caved and am using the console command for basically unlimited weight.

I still dont pick up every little thing and I follow the same rules I had before (judging value in coinage per 10 weight and only picking things up that were at least more than x2 value than weight) but at least this time I can leave a dungeon with 20 or 40 over my "official" wieght limit and not have to return to pick stuff up..
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    I still dont pick up every little thing and I follow the same rules I had before (judging value in coinage per 10 weight and only picking things up that were at least more than x2 value than weight) but at least this time I can leave a dungeon with 20 or 40 over my "official" wieght limit and not have to return to pick stuff up..
    It's still cheating.. why don't you just buy or enchant some gear with carry weight and if they take away the spots of other enchants, you can just carry a spare boots or something with +60 and put them on after you've gone over the limit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    It's still cheating.. why don't you just buy or enchant some gear with carry weight and if they take away the spots of other enchants, you can just carry a spare boots or something with +60 and put them on after you've gone over the limit.
    Don't be so strict, it lets him enjoy the game more no?

That's what it is all about....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Actually you should just relax a bit If he thinks that using console commands to his advantage is OK for him then why call out CHEATING? I mean the carry weight is just super annoying at the beginning of the game where you have shit stamina and no good enchants. I was raging a lot especially when I went in to those dwemer ruins or other big dungeons and although i had my companion with me I still ran out of space super quick. Dragon Bones anyone?? Super annoying.

Using console commands is no cheating tho because it really does not affect anyone it´s like calling someone who used "terribleterribledamage" in a single player mission in SC2 a cheater gg

Edit: Your point about "go enchant some boots" is also invalid because if he has no good enchanting or he is low lvl then what should he enchant??
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2012-01-05 at 10:52 PM.

Deleted

Haha :P

---------- Post added 2012-01-06 at 12:17 AM ----------

10+ Year Old Account
    I figured I should share this SS for MLP fans.

If you play on PC, you can always teleport your follower to yourself using the console (check commands on UESP site).
    But I agree mostly that companions aren't for all people, and even not for all character builds.
    Certain companions will give away your position to enemies if you play a stealthy character. Can just tell them to wait at some spot, but then what was the point of bringing them with you?
    I found that for a mage, on the other hand, Housecarl follower is a blessing most of the time. They can make a difference if there are too many enemies to dispatch quickly, and can take some beating (although, can't rely on it too much, dungeon bosses will knock out even a geared follower in 2-3 hits).
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

I got Mehrunes' Razor like 10 level ago and it never once proc'd for me is this a bug or is the chance to instantly kill that low?

Quote Originally Posted by Palapwn View Post
    I got Mehrunes' Razor like 10 level ago and it never once proc'd for me is this a bug or is the chance to instantly kill that low?
    1% Per hit. Kind of bullshit that it procced against Uriel.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-01-06 at 01:54 AM.

Deleted
    Lol I bought some spells that are too strong for me. Require way too much magicka atm. I can only cast one of those spells once and then I run out. :P

---------- Post added 2012-01-06 at 04:25 AM ----------

Wtf, I just entered Lost Valkygg and wtf is up with that Deathlord, he Fus Ro Dah's me. Then he kills me with 2 arrow shots. My best spells barely hurt him, OP as hell, and this is on Novice.

Lol I bought some spells that are too strong for me. Require way too much magicka atm. I can only cast one of those spells once and then I run out. :P

---------- Post added 2012-01-06 at 04:25 AM ----------

Wtf, I just entered Lost Valkygg and wtf is up with that Deathlord, he Fus Ro Dah's me. Then he kills me with 2 arrow shots. My best spells barely hurt him, OP as hell, and this is on Novice.
    If its just some random dungeon that may be the problem. Dungeons do scale to your level but there is a minimum they wont go below. If its a story quest then you may want to consider hiring a person or using some sort of conjured companion to tank him for you.

Also things that shoot bows dont rapid fire and use a somewhat predictable rhythm so moving/jumping around till he shoots then nuke and repeat works well on bow users.
    Last edited by Dtloweca; 2012-01-06 at 04:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minrolol View Post
    If its just some random dungeon that may be the problem. Dungeons do scale to your level but there is a minimum they wont go below. If its a story quest then you may want to consider hiring a person or using some sort of conjured companion to tank him for you.

Also things that shoot bows dont rapid fire and use a somewhat predictable rhythm so moving/jumping around till he shoots then nuke and repeat works well on bow users.
    Yeah I used your tip, but then he fell in a big well or something and I ended up ranging him to death and he was just shooting arrows from below and I dodge them by getting myself out of sight again. Haha.....then ANOTHER one followed me outside the dungeon, a Frost troll ended up taking care of him and they both died of each other....so funny.

Yeah I used your tip, but then he fell in a big well or something and I ended up ranging him to death and he was just shooting arrows from below and I dodge them by getting myself out of sight again. Haha.....then ANOTHER one followed me outside the dungeon, a Frost troll ended up taking care of him and they both died of each other....so funny.
    If you're in for a challenge, go south east of Riften to a place called Forelhost. Probably THE most dreadful place I've been to so far.. I'd tell you why but it's best if you find out yourself.

Hahahaha those comics are amazing.

God damn Draugr.