Deleted
    Just finished questline of Winterhold.....so damn epic.... and to think this is like 1% of quest lines and this world...... 50 euros were well spent on this game.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Just finished questline of Winterhold.....so damn epic.... and to think this is like 1% of quest lines and this world...... 50 euros were well spent on this game.
    The real challenge to that quest is finding out how to start it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    The real challenge to that quest is finding out how to start it.
    I don't even remember. xD

Should i go dual daggers on my assassin archer? or sword and dagger?, also i have Mehrune's Razor and it really isnt helping me since it never proc'd with me, should i trade it in for the Nightingale blade or a different dagger?

Quote Originally Posted by Palapwn View Post
    Should i go dual daggers on my assassin archer? or sword and dagger?, also i have Mehrune's Razor and it really isnt helping me since it never proc'd with me, should i trade it in for the Nightingale blade or a different dagger?
    From my experience, the only use for daggers is for sneak attack one shot goodness.

If you have to melee up close and don't want to use your bow, just use a pair of swords. The swing speed/stamina cost is similar anyway, swords have a longer reach, and they do quite a bit more damage.

If you aren't smithing and get the Blade of Woe, that may be a different story though. Took me a bit to find a sword that had higher damage than that thing. If it comes to that type of situation though, use a dagger/sword. Two daggers is silly.

the weight system of how much u can carry is a pain and sadly duelwield isnt very practical since it chews through stamina
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    From my experience, the only use for daggers is for sneak attack one shot goodness.

If you have to melee up close and don't want to use your bow, just use a pair of swords. The swing speed/stamina cost is similar anyway, swords have a longer reach, and they do quite a bit more damage.

If you aren't smithing and get the Blade of Woe, that may be a different story though. Took me a bit to find a sword that had higher damage than that thing. If it comes to that type of situation though, use a dagger/sword. Two daggers is silly.
    Thanks, im using the Nightingale Blade and the Blade of Woe now, one for sneak and one for combat though the Blade of Woe is not bad in combat too.

Deleted
    Something strange just happened.. I finally got my smithing to 90 and mage a daedric dagger and bow and guess what, they were considerably weaker than ebony..

Is this normal? I had 91 smithing when I made them, 45 bonus from gear and drank a pot that gave 98 bonus and the ebony dagger (legendary) was at 94 damage while the daedric only 81 damage. Obviously I had a perk in both and I even saved and reloaded the game to make sure the perk was properly applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapwn View Post
    Thanks, im using the Nightingale Blade and the Blade of Woe now, one for sneak and one for combat though the Blade of Woe is not bad in combat too.
    somewhat of a spoiler here i guess so caution as you read. when you are doing the DB quest line you can actually steal a Blade of Woe from Astrid and at the end of the quest line you get another duel wielding this dagger is money in the bank.
    Last edited by DDazzle; 2012-01-06 at 11:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I ahve been playing this game for about a month now and dont get me wrong, I really enjoyed it.

Now obviously there are Bugs up the Wazoo but really, I dont mind them so much because none of them have really been game breaking. Worst thing that has happened to me is a dragon fell through the ground and I wasn't able to loot it which was annoying and a few quests I have completed have stayed on my quest log which again, isn't game breaking, just bugs me.

Now to my one real complaint

I feel like there are only 3 actual Character types in the END game. I say END game because once you hit level 60+, you have so many Perks to use that your Destruction Mage is also a Conjuration Mage, your Backstabbing Assassin is also a Sniper, and your Shield toting Warrior can very easily become a Dual Weapon wielding Barbarian that heals itself

I suppose what I am driving at is either there is not enough to choose from in the Perks system OR MAYBE we just flat out get too many

I left Wow for this game which was great because Wow isn't very conducive to the kind of life I like having BUT in Wow there were 3 specs(4 for Druid) for 10 different classes(not gonna include the sub-specs used for PVP) so it just felt like a lot more variety.

I dunno, just giving my 2 cents really and hell, if someone here has some particularly Unique(viable) builds they wanna toss around that I could enjoy, that would also be much appreciated.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Deleted
    Hey, I got a problem, and since this is the Megathread, I will post my question here:

So, I am currently working on the last trophy for the thieves-guild, and now I have to do all these boring secondary tasks for Vex and Delvin.

I now have to steal a diamond from Mjoll the Lioness, but the Problem is, I have a 0 percentage of stealing it without getting noticed.

I got pickpocketing on 39 and I am wearing a ring and a necklace with bonuses on pickpocketing. When I try to steal other things from her I have mostly a 90% chance to succeed (except from her weapon, which she is wearing), but as already said, I have 0 chance to get the diamond, which makes the quest impossible to me.

And I already tried out running away with it and giving the guards money to ignore my theft, but that still didnt work.

What can I do now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    if someone here has some particularly Unique(viable) builds they wanna toss around that I could enjoy, that would also be much appreciated.
    i've played and enjoyed a lot of different play styles so far. i've gone as a 2hd plate warrior (no healing). sword and shield pally type (resto/conjuration for sword/plate). full on vampire (get bit early and level with stealth/illusion/conjuration (undead only)). rogue type with light armor/stealth/one hand/bow. full on mage (spells only). also working on a healing class (just heal your companion). all of these build play completely different including the 2hd vs sword and board.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrathon View Post
    Hey, I got a problem, and since this is the Megathread, I will post my question here:

So, I am currently working on the last trophy for the thieves-guild, and now I have to do all these boring secondary tasks for Vex and Delvin.

I now have to steal a diamond from Mjoll the Lioness, but the Problem is, I have a 0 percentage of stealing it without getting noticed.

I got pickpocketing on 39 and I am wearing a ring and a necklace with bonuses on pickpocketing. When I try to steal other things from her I have mostly a 90% chance to succeed (except from her weapon, which she is wearing), but as already said, I have 0 chance to get the diamond, which makes the quest impossible to me.

And I already tried out running away with it and giving the guards money to ignore my theft, but that still didnt work.

What can I do now?
    Drop the quest by talking to Vex and choosing the "i want to quit the job" option:P

That said, Riften quests aren't needed for the achi and becoming guild master at all since they already have Maven in there to back them.

Deleted
    Oh, I dont need that? Dammit, I've spent, like, 20 minutes now just stealing from her, getting caught, stealing from her again, getting caught and so on, because i managed to get the percentage to 2%.

Thank you, now I can continue playing

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    @dave131

My main was a druid, I was a feral one who prefered DPS but ofc the guild needed me to tank aswell. Although if it was possible for me to not tank I'd make sure that happened. Same went for loads of other people in the guild, Arms war wanting to play arms only boomkins, mages, rogues,...

Most people stick with one main spec and their os gets neglected, sure there's people who play both but usually a. the guild doesn't want you to (what's your main spec etc etc) B. you don't know it as well c. jacks of all trades masters of none aren't welcome everywhere
    I'm PRETTY sure this post is in the wrong place

---------- Post added 2012-01-07 at 01:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    the weight system of how much u can carry is a pain and sadly duelwield isnt very practical since it chews through stamina
    Solution = Get more fatigue/stamina.

---------- Post added 2012-01-07 at 01:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    1% Per hit. Kind of bullshit that it procced against Uriel.
    Mehrunes Razor was not used to kill Uriel Septim IV.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

lvl 61 got Last house today, killed friendly dragon guy.

Prolly gona use cheats to get last talent points.

RDY and waiting for next addon.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Deleted
    (Warning, Minor Spoiler included in this post, read at own risk!)

For anyone who needs a good, gamebreaking laugh:

*Start a new character (Or use an existing character, who has NOT been to Solitude yet!)
    *Make the character a mage-like character with focus on Illusion (Although I realize this is a painful school to level, but stick with me)
    *Find a way to aquire a Scroll of Mayhem (http://www.skyrimwiki.com/Scroll_of_Mayhem)
    *Find a way to aquire the spell Frenzy (http://dev.abridgedskyrim.com/content/spell-tome-frenzy)
    *Head to the - untill now - undiscovered city of Solitude.
    *Attend Rogvirs execution
    *During the execution, get into the center of the gathering (You already know where I'm going with this...)
    *Apply the scroll and cast it.
    *Equip the Illusion spell Frenzy
    *While laughing at the Grand Royale, cast Frenzy on any approaching guards.

= Fun, fun and more fun.

Bonus: Should the executioner be slain by an NPC, he MAY drop the Headman's Axe (Which is rare to aquire)(http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Headsman%27s_Axe)
    Bonus: NPCs, like the Captain or Jaree-ra who may NOT be killed by the Player, MIGHT be killed by the NPC's. This, however, does not apply for a small portion, including the beggar.

Note: The two 'Bonusses' are heavilly relying on specific occourances during the Grand Royale and the outcome from five attempts may vary greatly. I had a save during the execution just before Rogvirs head is cut off and loaded from it 10 times and made exact repeats, all with diffrent outcomes; Yet every single one hillarious to watch.

- Have fun!
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2012-01-07 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrathon View Post

What can I do now?
    Yeah, had the same thing when I had to get Ysolde's golden ring.. Even when sleeping it was on 0% (not sure if it makes a difference but whatever). I just dropped the quest and never did another one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    So I ahve been playing this game for about a month now and dont get me wrong, I really enjoyed it.

Now obviously there are Bugs up the Wazoo but really, I dont mind them so much because none of them have really been game breaking. Worst thing that has happened to me is a dragon fell through the ground and I wasn't able to loot it which was annoying and a few quests I have completed have stayed on my quest log which again, isn't game breaking, just bugs me.

Now to my one real complaint

I feel like there are only 3 actual Character types in the END game. I say END game because once you hit level 60+, you have so many Perks to use that your Destruction Mage is also a Conjuration Mage, your Backstabbing Assassin is also a Sniper, and your Shield toting Warrior can very easily become a Dual Weapon wielding Barbarian that heals itself

I suppose what I am driving at is either there is not enough to choose from in the Perks system OR MAYBE we just flat out get too many

I left Wow for this game which was great because Wow isn't very conducive to the kind of life I like having BUT in Wow there were 3 specs(4 for Druid) for 10 different classes(not gonna include the sub-specs used for PVP) so it just felt like a lot more variety.

I dunno, just giving my 2 cents really and hell, if someone here has some particularly Unique(viable) builds they wanna toss around that I could enjoy, that would also be much appreciated.
    Well, personally, I feel like we don't get enough points. Max level in Elder Scrolls has always been something that's not necessary. It's there if you want it, but you don't need it. Being maxed out, is more about just giving the player something to do late in the game besides questing and just killing stuff. In short, I would prefer that with enough time and effort, we could max out every tree.

Take Morrowind for example. I have played that game to death. I have never reached max level in Morrowind. The closest to max level I've ever reached was 5000, after that I decided enough was enough. Fyi, max level is over 75000 in Morrowind. On my level 5000 Morrowind character, I was immune to magic, had almost 100% dodge against max skilled enemies, I had mastered every skill, I had enough armor to reduce any physical damage to 1, and I had the best gear in the game. And of course it goes without saying that my damage was on crack.

I'd actually prefer that Skyrim has less limits than what it has. I've never actually played Arena and Daggerfall, but from what I've heard, they have limited player options concerning power more with each installment in the series. I know that's certainly true with Morrowind, to Oblivion, to Skyrim. Overall, it hasn't hurt the games that much in the grand scheme of things, it just irks me a bit.

Basically, the games are extremely different from wow, and you shouldn't try to make build comparisons between the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what the first DLC will be (besides some house or something, although I wouldn't mind another wizard's tower house). I think it'll involve Falion somehow. He's out doing a ritual in the marshes in Hjaalmarch, and when you talk to him all you can do is take a bribe, say you won't tell anyone, or tell him that you're telling the jarl. Whatever you choose, nothing seems to come out of it, there's not even a misc objective telling you to tell the jarl or anything. Falion insists that he's working to protect Morthal but we haven't seen any evidence of that.
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon