Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    We all know if these had all been included with the game you all would have still found stuff to bitch about.
    i don't disagree, but my point isn't so much just these features, but the idea that they would put things into the game that they themselves would want to play with or happen to them, that the game would be something that interested them rather than just the rinse and repeat non-sense they released. it took 5 days for them to make more interesting mechanics then what were included in the box, i for one, feel ripped off.

---------- Post added 2012-02-12 at 12:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdemenzes View Post
    True, but wow that video gets me excited for DLC.
    i don't want to pay extra for what the game should have been.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    i don't disagree, but my point isn't so much just these features, but the idea that they would put things into the game that they themselves would want to play with or happen to them, that the game would be something that interested them rather than just the rinse and repeat non-sense they released. it took 5 days for them to make more interesting mechanics then what were included in the box, i for one, feel ripped off.

---------- Post added 2012-02-12 at 12:42 AM ----------

i don't want to pay extra for what the game should have been.
    Oookay, I'm gonna have to stop you there mate, because you're in deep waters here and you're touching a subject where it's evident you're not quite aware of the process. When creating a game, alot of developers... Hm.. You know what? Watch this, and it'll probably get you some more insight to the situration:

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode...uction-problem

When you then understand why alot of stuff falls short, why some things developers want to add is not added and how it's a really vicious circle financially, we can probably discuss this subject easier than me having to sit here and tell you about it, and you have to take my word for it. It's never a good approach to take when someone has their mind made up already like you =)

it took 5 days for them to make more interesting mechanics then what were included in the box, i for one, feel ripped off.
    It took 5 days for them to slap together footage of something interesting looking for a cool little video.

You can only guess at how complete any of the things they showed actually is. But bravo on latching onto them and claiming they are undoubtably superior to what we got in the actual game.

It took 5 days for them to slap together footage of something interesting looking for a cool little video.

You can only guess at how complete any of the things they showed actually is. But bravo on latching onto them and claiming they are undoubtably superior to what we got in the actual game.
    they do look more interesting and they should be since the assignment that spawned them was to basically create something interesting that you can fit into skyrim. but bravo on slamming someone because their opinion differs from yours.

Deleted
    they do look more interesting and they should be since the assignment that spawned them was to basically create something interesting that you can fit into skyrim. but bravo on slamming someone because their opinion differs from yours.
    I want you to know, here, Jakeic, that I completely understand your view entirely. I understand why you'd consider the situration the way it is, but I'd again really urge you to look at the link I posted. And then try keeping in mind, these are only one of the touchy things that explain why certain things happen to certain games. Also, you said something about not wanting to buy the DLC and such, so I'll just find another link from the same guys that might help you understand better.

Do note, these posts and links are NOT to try to flame you or disagree with you that it's a sad thing when you feel something is being left out for you in a game, but to help you understand the process a bit better. It'll be ALOT easier to debate things that way =)

Let's see.. about the DLC, take this one: http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/project-ten-dollar

And while we're at it, I think this one you'll approve of aswell: http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/gamer (Although this is NOT a jab at you in any way, just a VERY interresting episode =) )

Oh, and because Corylyn was awesome earlier and waved at me.. *Waves madly back at Corylyn* HI!!!

- Have a great day! Kasperio.
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2012-02-12 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    I want you to know, here, Jakeic, that I completely understand your view entirely. I understand why you'd consider the situration the way it is, but I'd again really urge you to look at the link I posted. And then try keeping in mind, these are only one of the touchy things that explain why certain things happen to certain games. Also, you said something about not wanting to buy the DLC and such, so I'll just find another link from the same guys that might help you understand better.

Do note, these posts and links are NOT to try to flame you or disagree with you that it's a sad thing when you feel something is being left out for you in a game, but to help you understand the process a bit better. It'll be ALOT easier to debate things that way =)

Let's see.. about the DLC, take this one: http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/project-ten-dollar

And while we're at it, I think this one you'll approve of aswell: http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/gamer (Although this is NOT a jab at you in any way, just a VERY interresting episode =) )

Oh, and because Corylyn was awesome earlier and waved at me.. *Waves madly back at Corylyn* HI!!!

- Have a great day! Kasperio.
    i know i'm in the minority, but i don't buy and sell used games, yet it doesn't matter because i'm treated as if i do by the companies that make games. if DLC's sole purpose is to help recoup some of the loses from the second hand market of games, then they should give out codes/registration of games that are used to unlock future DLC's for no extra charge, however that isn't what is being done.

the process is pretty much irrelevant (i'm not capable at this point of creating a game, so knowing how it is done is only for posterity), i'm part of the group demanding better games, yet that demand isn't being fulfilled, and companies/ips that used to fulfill it have been removing themselves from the scene for a more lucrative plunge into the low-barrier gamer market.

this is perhaps the wrong place for this, but what i'm trying to say is that the past generation of games has been increasingly boring, and it isn't because i don't want to play games.

anyway, i hope that clears a few things up.

You make missing the point into an art form. It's astounding.

Opinions don't have anything to do with it. For some reason you think a few minutes of footage is better than the game we got, and you feel INSULTED that these things aren't in the game. All based on a few minutes of footage.

A few minutes of footage.

That you think are better than the entire game.

How do you not get how ridiculous that is?

Opinions don't have anything to do with it. For some reason you think a few minutes of footage is better than the game we got, and you feel INSULTED that these things aren't in the game. All based on a few minutes of footage.

A few minutes of footage.

That you think are better than the entire game.

How do you not get how ridiculous that is?
    i believe what i said was that they look more interesting than what was packaged in the game, which i then backed up with a description of how that video came to be, which was to create something interesting that fits into skyrim.

whether or not i feel ripped off has no bearing on your enjoyment of the game. it wasn't what i wanted out of TES V, I was hoping for more everything and less of the same.

so anyway,
    right back at you buddy.

i believe what i said was that they look more interesting than what was packaged in the game, which i then backed up with a description of how that video came to be, which was to create something interesting that fits into skyrim.
    Did I say anything to imply I didn't understand this? In fact, I think I pretty much reiterated this myself.

It's just that I added emphasis to how ridiculous it is you think a few minutes of footage showcasing things that you have no idea how they work or how near completion they actually are (yet you like to throw around the "this was made in 5 days" line) is better than the full game.

And it's not like I've put words into your mouth either. You specifically stated you felt insulted they weren't in the final product. You specifically stated the video was more interesting than the game.

So, once again, what did I say to imply I didn't understand this?
    whether or not i feel ripped off has no bearing on your enjoyment of the game.
    Yeah, great. If you find it important enough to post your opinion you shouldn't get upset when someone points out how flawed it is.
    it wasn't what i wanted out of TES V, I was hoping for more everything and less of the same.
    Uh huh, and as I said originally (to which you actually did not disagree) we all know you would still be complaining even if the features from that video were in the game.

Did I say anything to imply I didn't understand this? In fact, I think I pretty much reiterated this myself
    only every one of your posts.

It's just that I added emphasis to how ridiculous it is you think a few minutes of footage showcasing things that you have no idea how they work or how near completion they actually are (yet you like to throw around the "this was made in 5 days" line) is better than the full game.
    having any idea how they work is irrelevant to whether or not someone finds them interesting. i love to throw that line around that one time i used it in that one post i made. you're over the top.

And it's not like I've put words into your mouth either. You specifically stated you felt insulted they weren't in the final product. You specifically stated the video was more interesting than the game.
    yes you are. i never, specifically or otherwise, said i felt insulted. i said i felt ripped off. i later clarified that it wasn't for the features that were presented in the 5 minute video, but the idea that they represented. i may not have portrayed what that idea was accurately enough for every single person to understand.

To me that video represents all the good ideas that could have been put into the game that would have made it better. They didn't make the cut for whatever reason, the least likely of reasons is because of how much time they would have taken to develop.

Yeah, great. If you find it important enough to post your opinion you shouldn't get upset when someone points out how flawed it is.
    just kind of a prickish response, i appreciate your willingness to educate me though.

Uh huh, and as I said originally (to which you actually did not disagree) we all know you would still be complaining even if the features from that video were in the game.
    Nothing is perfect. C'est la vie.
    Last edited by jakeic; 2012-02-12 at 08:37 AM.

only every one of your posts.
    Brilliant zinger! You got me there.

Now if only you actually explained...
    having any idea how they work is irrelevant to whether or not someone finds them interesting. i love to throw that line around that one time i used it in that one post i made. you're over the top.
    What is relevant? Can you explain that, please? I mean, I'd like to know what rules we're allowed to play by here. It seems everything that doesn't support your little anti-DLC tirade is out of bounds or foul.

And you thought it very important to stress these features were made in 5 days. Where that number even comes from is beyond me, because a week is 7 days where I come from... Hell, I watched the video again and the only ever say "a week", no specific number of days mentioned. So why specify 5 days?
    yes you are. i never, specifically or otherwise, said i felt insulted. i said i felt ripped off.
    Ripped off. Insult. My mistake.
    i later clarified that it wasn't for the features that were presented in the 5 minute video, but the idea that they represented. i may not have portrayed what that idea was accurately enough for every single person to understand.

To me that video represents all the good ideas that could have been put into the game that would have made it better. They didn't make the cut for whatever reason, the least likely of reasons is because of how much time they would have taken to develop.
    And here is where you completely lose me. You're making a huge assumption on why these features weren't in the original game on top of bitching about the meaning behind the features as a whole.

But hey, it's perfectly fine because you say it's a likely reason, right?

But nevermind all the great thing that did make it into the game. Nope, champion those handful of things that you don't know anything about. And continue doing so after having already admitted you would probably still be complaining even if these features had been in the game. Because that's not ridiculous AT ALL.

Deleted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistfang View Post
    He is a true Son of Skyrim. And I salute him.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing Skyrim since release, and I must say I'm loving it. Long time TES fan, started with Morrowind in 2003, but have sense then played Daggerfall quite a bit, Skyrim is definitely my favorite game in the series gameplay wise. Morrowind still holds near and dear to my heart as far as story goes, but man Skyrim is fun. Level 56 Nord Warrior, like a boss. 122 dragons killed so far, so fun.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have put in a good several hours since I got the game working and my only complaint is the amount of grey scale used in the game. Well, that and the rather confusing skill system which seems a bit disorganized as to how it works alongside the regular character leveling system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistfang View Post
    This guys acoustic covers of songs are sooooooooooo good. I'm glad he covered skyrim.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I have put in a good several hours since I got the game working and my only complaint is the amount of grey scale used in the game. Well, that and the rather confusing skill system which seems a bit disorganized as to how it works alongside the regular character leveling system.
    what about it is confusing to you? it's actually VERY simple.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather not spend hours wading through the legions of HURR DURR I RECOLORED DEADRIC ARMOR and giant titty mods, thank you.
    And we don't feel like spending the time to make a list for you, that you could figure out on your own. I've spent DAYS going through Skyrimnexus, downloading and testing mods. If you are too lazy to do it yourself, find out which mods you like and work for you, then you can just do without.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    And we don't feel like spending the time to make a list for you, that you could figure out on your own. I've spent DAYS going through Skyrimnexus, downloading and testing mods. If you are too lazy to do it yourself, find out which mods you like and work for you, then you can just do without.
    But you do feel like digging up week old posts to respond to.

Funny that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post

I haven't seen it around here, but it's bethesda's game studios which made some additions

Skyrim, game of the year, every year!
    OK, that gave me a freaking hard-on. WOW. And the giant mudcrab..!!

---------- Post added 2012-02-12 at 02:13 PM ----------

But you do feel like digging up week old posts to respond to.

Funny that.
    Because I actually read through a thread, instead of just sniping at the last couple of posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.