Deleted
    thx for the tips!

RevanSparda,

I actually really like that sword by the way, the only thing I could think of to make it nicer is a more defined hilt and transition into the actual blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitchensink View Post
    :O that looks like Cloud Strife's sword from ff7 :P
    OT: They should put that sword in world of warcraft, looks pretty sick.

On topic: Im going berserker 1 handers so that way when i get ebony blades... they will suffer.

Deleted
    Hey guys, anyone knows if it's a scripted event that a dragon should attack the Winterhold College? I know some dragon attacks are scripted and some are random, but while going through forums I read lot of people talking about dragon attacks and how awkward it then feels having the skeleton lying there forever. Many told about a dragon attacking the College, and just as I set foot there for the very first time, a dragon showed up.

So, not-so-random event, or script?

when i make games they always attack winthold...he must have attacked that then moved to the college right next to town
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

I started a new game by playing a sneak archer focused only on main quest lines. It's so much fun just kneeling next to a mercenary and they have no idea I am there. I feel like I am playing a new game.
    I'm still thinking about it...

Same here, playing wood elf sneaky archer/mage atm and it feels totally different than my fist time. Before I played nord with heavy armor and 1h + shield.

Is anyone else having this problem, and/or know a solution?

Whenever I equip the Nightingale Hood or any Dragon Priest Mask, my game will briefly stutter every time I take a step, as if the game can't keep up with loading everything as I move towards it. The game returns to normal as soon as I unequip these headpieces. These are the only headpieces that cause this.

I've had this problem before I even downloaded a single mod, so it's not a mod causing it.

Edit: The Forsworn Headpiece causes the stutter too.
    Last edited by Pandolfo; 2012-03-13 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luks View Post
    Hey guys, anyone knows if it's a scripted event that a dragon should attack the Winterhold College? I know some dragon attacks are scripted and some are random, but while going through forums I read lot of people talking about dragon attacks and how awkward it then feels having the skeleton lying there forever. Many told about a dragon attacking the College, and just as I set foot there for the very first time, a dragon showed up.

So, not-so-random event, or script?
    Its random. I've done 3 characters that have gone to the college. My first one did not have a dragon until after I was Archmage, my second one had a dragon attack the town as I showed up, and the third that I'm still playing has never seen a dragon at the college.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Its random. I've done 3 characters that have gone to the college. My first one did not have a dragon until after I was Archmage, my second one had a dragon attack the town as I showed up, and the third that I'm still playing has never seen a dragon at the college.
    Yeah it is totally random. On my 81 warrior I have killed a total of 100 dragons and a lot of them at the college or in winterhold. Basically on every fast travel visit there was a dragon showing up. Dawnstar was also quite annoying with dragons !! Once I had 2 Ancient dragons at the same time there.

The most prominent dragon locations for me are probably Dawnstar, the valley east of Markarth and that draugr fortress in the very south. Occasionally enjoying 2 dragons at a time currently
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

I had a really annoying dragon attack on my second or third visit to Winterhold. He started near to the town but kept running from me (light-armour dual-wield class), moved to the bridge and eventually to the top of one of the towers. I managed to find my way up there after a while (not really done much in the college at that time) just as the Archmage finished torching the dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
    I started a new game by playing a sneak archer focused only on main quest lines. It's so much fun just kneeling next to a mercenary and they have no idea I am there. I feel like I am playing a new game.
    My sneak is @ 100 now, archery at 95-ish. It's pretty awesome how much pain I can deal out before actually getting detected. I have read that having some talents at 100, and then using bonuses actually makes them worse, and I wonder if sneak is one of those (I have +25% sneak boots, and seem to get noticed quicker since maxing the talent).

Finally also maxed out smithing, and have legendary dragonscale for myself + legendary dragonbone armor for Lydia... and enough material stored to probably make another 4 sets. It will be nice to not have to worry about lugging that heavy crap all over the place

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 05:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    i think you are right, once you get half way and higher down your perk tree, everything is trivial besides a few bosses/dragons with strangly large health compared to everything else. thats why i downloaded a few mods that add wars randomly around the world that resets 6 days, more wilderness spawns and more enemies in dungeons. it a lot more difficult/entertaining to fight 8 enemies out in the wilderness instead of 1 random weak bandit every once in a while
    I've been playing on master difficulty since the start, and have run into quite a few mobs that gave me a hard time... for some, I had to rely on sneak + dumb ai to get around them.. others I had to simply come back to (Red Eagle). I think the toughest was the first silverhand leader chick you go after during the Companions quest line.. trying to get all her archer cohorts down and then her was pretty tough. The last step of Azura's Star was also a tough one (sneak again saves the day)

I'll still get nearly one-shot now and then, though it is a rarity.... but yeah, bandits etc haven't been a problem in many levels.

And the trailer gives me chills every time I watch it.

Deleted
    Yay, finally. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Yay, finally. ^_^
    Woot woot! Finally archer kill cams! They look awesome too. Any idea when that is coming?
    I'm still thinking about it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
    Woot woot! Finally archer kill cams! They look awesome too. Any idea when that is coming?
    It says it in video description:
    "The 1.5 title update is now available as a Beta Update on Steam. ... For more information on the 1.5 update, visit Bethesda Blog."
    http://www.bethblog.com/2012/03/14/n...ght-1-5-update

Yeah I just saw that, I'm very happy with ranged kill cams. Might have to go back and replay my archer.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is that all that's in this update? Kill cams?

Tell me there's more...
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Deleted
    Copy from blog
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethesda Blog
    It all starts with our upcoming 1.5 title update – available now as a Beta Update on Steam and arriving soon for Xbox 360 and PS3. In the release notes below, you’ll notice we’ve not only made fixes to the game, but also introduced some new features. One of our favorite additions are the new kill cameras for ranged and magic attacks. Watch the video above for a sneak peek.

Look familiar? The new kill cams were featured as a concept in the Game Jam sizzle shown during Todd Howard’s DICE keynote. We plan on adding even more features with upcoming free updates and game add-on content.

After the break, read the current release notes for 1.5, as well as information on how you can grab the beta update on Steam.

UPDATE 1.5 (all platforms unless noted)

NEW FEATURES

New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells
    New kill moves and animations for melee weapons
    Shadows on grass available (PC)
    Smithing skill increases now factor in the created item’s value
    Improved visual transition when going underwater
    Improved distance LOD transition for snowy landscapes

BUG FIXES

General crash fixes and memory optimizations
    Fixed issue with Deflect Arrows perk not calculating properly
    In “A Cornered Rat,” the death of certain NPCs no longer blocks progression
    Fixed issue where Farkas would not give Companion’s quests properly
    Fixed crash when loading saves that rely on data that is no longer being loaded
    Followers sneak properly when player is sneaking
    Fixed issue with weapon racks not working properly in Proudspire Manor
    Arrows and other projectiles that were stuck in objects in the world now clean up properly
    Fixed issue where “Rescue Mission” was preventing “Taking Care of Business” from starting properly
    Fixed issue where certain NPCs would fail to become Thieves Guild fences
    Fixed issue in “Diplomatic Immunity” where killing all the guards in the Thalmor Embassy before starting the quest would break progress
    In “Hard Answers,” picking up the dwarven museum key after completing the quest, no longer restarts the quest
    Killing Viola before or after “Blood on the Ice” no longer blocks progression
    Fixed issue where Calixto would fail to die properly in “Blood on the Ice”
    In “Waking Nightmare” fixed occasional issue where Erandur would stop pathing properly
    Fixed issue where letters and notes with random encounters would appear blank
    Fixed rare issue where dialogue and shouts would improperly play
    Lydia will now offer marriage option after player purchases Breezehome in Whiterun
    Fixed issue where if player manually mined ore in Cidhna Mine, jail time would not be served
    Fixed rare issue with skills not increasing properly
    Fixed issue where the Headsman’s Axe did not gain proper buff from Barbarian perk
    In “A Night to Remember” it is no longer possible to kill Ysolda, Ennis or Senna before starting the quest
    Fixed issue with the ebony dagger having a weapon speed that was too slow
    Fixed issue with “The Wolf Queen Awakened” where backing out of a conversation with Styrr too soon would block progress
    The third level of the Limbsplitter perk now properly improves all battle axes
    Fixed a rare issue where Sanguine Rose would not work properly
    In “Tending the Flames” King Olaf’s Verse will no longer disappear from explosions

Download the 1.5 Beta Update on Steam

If you’d like to download the 1.5 Beta Update on Steam, you’ll need to follow these steps:

Click on Steam in the upper menu
    Select Settings
    Under the Account tab, go to the Beta Participation section and select Change.
    A drop down menu will appear. Select Skyrim Beta.
    Select OK.
    Steam will now restart. After Steam restarts, Skyrim will be updated to the Beta version currently available.

If you opt into the Beta, be sure to back up your saved games or simply be careful not to overwrite your existing saves. If you decide to opt out of the beta program, your old saves will still work with the current release of Skyrim on Steam (v 1.4.27).

If you decide you don’t want to run the Beta anymore, redo steps 1 – 4. At the drop down, select NONE – Opt out of all beta programs. Let Steam restart, and Skyrim will automatically update itself back to the latest released version.