Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    like a fencing game?
    That would be cool, but I would prefer something that was an actual fantasy adventure that had at least semi-realistic sword motion controls.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is there a mod that allows zooming in? Like a spyglass? Only way to do it currently is to have perks in the archery tree, and the zoom could be better even then.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    That would be cool, but I would prefer something that was an actual fantasy adventure that had at least semi-realistic sword motion controls.
    I don't think anything like the Wii Remotes or Kinect/Motion sensing is fine tuned enough to truly give a fencing type of experience. There are too many variables they can't capitalize on, most notably resistance. Heck, they can't even really get basic movements to work on those devices, let alone something like a parry and riposte.

But off of the motion controls, one of the things I did miss in Skyrim from the old Elder Scrolls game was the ability to control your swings. Although, I'm sure there is a mod for that lol.

I'm sure I saw a mod that gives the player a base with friendly bandits does anyone know what it's called or know any other good mods for someone who wants to play as a bandit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

Quote Originally Posted by russ555 View Post
    I'm sure I saw a mod that gives the player a base with friendly bandits does anyone know what it's called or know any other good mods for someone who wants to play as a bandit?
    This allows to specify your starting conditions, one of them includes starting as a bandit in a bandit camp (the bandits are friendly to you there). Not sure if that's what you were looking for, though.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2014-01-16 at 11:13 AM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    This allows to specify your starting conditions, one of them includes starting as a bandit in a bandit camp (the bandits are friendly to you there). Not sure if that's what you were looking for, though.
    I feel like you might have linked the wrong thing... I mean, its an interesting article about physics, but I don't see where it has anything to do with a mod that starts you in a bandit camp :P
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

I think you copied the wrong link but that does sound like it would work for me.
    Last edited by russ555; 2014-01-16 at 10:50 AM.
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

Deleted
    I feel like you might have linked the wrong thing... I mean, its an interesting article about physics, but I don't see where it has anything to do with a mod that starts you in a bandit camp :P
    I think he probably meant to link the Alternate Start mod
    It allows you to start in various positions/places throughout Skyrim, vampire in a cave, a new recruit in one of the guilds, camping out in the woods and a bunch of others. This also means you get to skip Helgen, thank god.

What the fudge, lol.

I meant this.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Oh forgot to mention I tried that. It's not bad but I wanted something with a bit more than two useless bandits and a chest. I was hoping for at least a shop and blacksmith equipment.

Deleted
    is something up with that nexusmods site? im unable to make an account on it :\ wont send me the confirmation email to finish my account

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fudge, lol.

I meant this.
    Alternate Start is a really cool mod. It would be nice if some of the later dialogue was fixed to reflect your choices, but it does its job fairly well. I am particularly fond of the Origin that starts you off left for dead on the side of the road with nothing but the clothes on your back (although personally I would have preferred to be have been stripped and starting with some sort of debuff that reduced health/stamina/magicka for awhile).

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Alternate Start is a really cool mod.
    How does it handle getting you on the main story quest? I guess I wouldn't really need to ever do it, but I was planning on using it once I've finished all vanilla+dlc content..
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    How does it handle getting you on the main story quest? I guess I wouldn't really need to ever do it, but I was planning on using it once I've finished all vanilla+dlc content..
    Basically it puts Helgen as a "rumor" at the end of your starting quest. For instance, in the Alternate Start I mentioned about being left for dead on the side of the road (random spot in Skyrim), the premise is that you and some friends were thinking about being adventurers before the attack and heard of something in Helgen. You then can ask people or barkeeps about rumors of Helgen. Depending on who you ask it might send you to Windhelm or Solitude before redirecting you to Helgen itself. As you walk up to Helgen, the Dragon attack is just finishing up and you see the aftermath after the dragon flies off. You have to search the debris for signs of what happened and find a journal. At that point you're given a choice to warn Riverwood or investigate a cave (the one you exit in the standard opening). In the cave are both Rolaf and the Imperial Guy (forget his name) and they are down wounded. From there it begins as normal.

Also note, with Alternate Start, you can also do the standard intro if you chose "Capture while trying to cross the border".

Other Starts will give you different starting equipment or factions, which is pretty cool. I chose a Bar Patron one outside of Winterhold, and it gave me a few coins and clothes. My goal was to join the College, but I couldn't pass the first test. That became the premise of my character, that she would become a powerful sorceress on her own and show those assholes at the College that they shouldn't have turned her away. It made for a good origin story in my head.

Basically it puts Helgen as a "rumor" at the end of your starting quest. For instance, in the Alternate Start I mentioned about being left for dead on the side of the road (random spot in Skyrim), the premise is that you and some friends were thinking about being adventurers before the attack and heard of something in Helgen. You then can ask people or barkeeps about rumors of Helgen. Depending on who you ask it might send you to Windhelm or Solitude before redirecting you to Helgen itself. As you walk up to Helgen, the Dragon attack is just finishing up and you see the aftermath after the dragon flies off. You have to search the debris for signs of what happened and find a journal. At that point you're given a choice to warn Riverwood or investigate a cave (the one you exit in the standard opening). In the cave are both Rolaf and the Imperial Guy (forget his name) and they are down wounded. From there it begins as normal.

Also note, with Alternate Start, you can also do the standard intro if you chose "Capture while trying to cross the border".

Other Starts will give you different starting equipment or factions, which is pretty cool. I chose a Bar Patron one outside of Winterhold, and it gave me a few coins and clothes. My goal was to join the College, but I couldn't pass the first test. That became the premise of my character, that she would become a powerful sorceress on her own and show those assholes at the College that they shouldn't have turned her away. It made for a good origin story in my head.
    The only thing I did not like about the alternate start mod was if you choose to start as a necromancer it starts you in Blackreach and the second you step through the door you are brutally murdered by sphere guardians.

But starting as a vampire is cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could enjoy dem mods... forever a console peasant.

I am still upset that they didnt give any real conclusion to the end of the main quest lines.... I mean at least in Oblivion... "its..its you!" and you knew how your characters main mission ended...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I wish I could enjoy dem mods... forever a console peasant.

I am still upset that they didnt give any real conclusion to the end of the main quest lines.... I mean at least in Oblivion... "its..its you!" and you knew how your characters main mission ended...
    Not sure what you mean. You beat the big bad dragon, Warrior Spirits thank you and teach you a shout, you go home. That's the conclusion.

For some reason it reminds of the end of the movie Paul, with Nick Frost and Simon Pegg standing there with the rest of the gang as the spaceship takes off. Then it lingers on them for a little bit too long and Nick's character goes, "Well that was good wasn't it?". There are you are, at the end of hundreds of hours of gameplay (assuming you didn't just blast through the main quest early on) and your foe lies dead at your feet. Then the question looms, now what? Well that sure was fun, guess I'll look in my journal...oh, bandits had been sighted at Beggar's Retreat. I'll go have a look and see if they're still there.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what you mean. You beat the big bad dragon, Warrior Spirits thank you and teach you a shout, you go home. That's the conclusion
    Not only that, but it hints that your adventure isn't over which naturally set the stage for the expansions and your return to dragon involvement with Dragonborn. I haven't played through them yet, but I could tell from the script that me and some dragons were vibing, there's still some jerk dragons flying around that won't like me very much, and to be continued.
    BAD WOLF

I'm looking for an overhaul mod. I've tried Skyre but since I don't have any of the dlc I can't use the latest version, so had some compatibility issues with other mods. Requiem seems a little bit too hardcore for me, reading a little about it it seems that you have to ignore certain portions of the main quest because the enemies will overwhelm you at low levels (apparently its almost impossible to obtain the first shout and the dragonstone because the first boss is just too strong for a starting char, so gotta grind and no thanks). Anyone got any suggestions?

Deleted
    only just got the game on pc, pretty new to mods. but is there a mod that adds a transmog like feature, is that even possible? so i could wear what ever armor i want but keep the appearance of my stormcloak stuff?