10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Random question that was triggered by your post...can you access the majority of the game without doing the main quest line? I started a LAL + SkyRe game and was having fun not killing dragons or worrying about shouts. Sorta just playing Skyrim like a generic ES game. I ask because I'm getting a new SSD and wanted to just start with clean installs of everything. I think I'll disable cloud updates for Skyrim so I can start from scratch.
    Totally! Its the way I've been playing it for the past 3 months. The only thing that bugs me, and I've been meaning to double check and see if there was a mod to fix this, is that randomly some people will still refer to you as the Dragonborn. But other than that, so long as you avoid Helgen (meaning you have to take some detours now and again), you will never trigger the appearance of Dragons. I'm sure there is a quest complication here or there, but like I've said...I've played for the past 3 months and not run into one issue.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Totally! Its the way I've been playing it for the past 3 months. The only thing that bugs me, and I've been meaning to double check and see if there was a mod to fix this, is that randomly some people will still refer to you as the Dragonborn. But other than that, so long as you avoid Helgen (meaning you have to take some detours now and again), you will never trigger the appearance of Dragons. I'm sure there is a quest complication here or there, but like I've said...I've played for the past 3 months and not run into one issue.
    That's awesome. I wasn't having problems in my game either, but I basically stayed on the left side of the map and didn't cross over too much. The main story is great and all, but knowing I'm not going to have my play interrupted by an annoying flying a-hole makes it more enjoyable after you've done it once. Plus I want to continue sword and board because it was fun, but have no desire to fight dragons that way.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    i keep finding dead-empty-jelly dragons everywhere i go :/

Deleted
    As far as I remember there are only 2 dungeons you can't access if you don't do the main quest : Ustengrav and Skuldafn

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    i can finding dead-empty-jelly dragons everywhere i go :/
    save your game
    open console
    select dragon corpse by clicking on it
    type "markfordelete"
    enter
    close console
    make another save
    Last edited by mmocb1939ccd9e; 2014-03-24 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cemana View Post
    As far as I remember there are only 2 dungeons you can't access if you don't do the main quest : Ustengrav and Skuldafn
    That's pretty awesome if accurate. That means I could essentially complete the whole game and play some mod content without dragons. Sounds like a whole new game. Good stuff.
    BAD WOLF

Most of my playthroughs resulted in being above level 50 before I did anything on the main questline beyond killing the dragon at the Whiterun watchtower.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty awesome if accurate. That means I could essentially complete the whole game and play some mod content without dragons. Sounds like a whole new game. Good stuff.
    Not to mention if you run any quest mods. I've been really looking forward to giving the "Dragonbreak" series a try, as well as some of the huge areas like Falskaar and some "smaller" ones like Jarl of Ivarstead. Now I just need Steam to stop putting other games I want to play on sale... >_>;;

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention if you run any quest mods. I've been really looking forward to giving the "Dragonbreak" series a try, as well as some of the huge areas like Falskaar and some "smaller" ones like Jarl of Ivarstead. Now I just need Steam to stop putting other games I want to play on sale... >_>;;
    Yeah...I wanted to do Falskaar as well. I feel like the amount of gameplay I've gotten out of some games is so unfair I 'owe' someone more money. Things like Terraria, Skyrim, Starbound...I pay a paltry sum to have MMO levels of time played. Sorta unreal. And they just keep making more games like it and I can't keep up!
    BAD WOLF

Yeah...I wanted to do Falskaar as well. I feel like the amount of gameplay I've gotten out of some games is so unfair I 'owe' someone more money. Things like Terraria, Skyrim, Starbound...I pay a paltry sum to have MMO levels of time played. Sorta unreal. And they just keep making more games like it and I can't keep up!
    I also hear Wyrmstooth is really good, haven't tried it myself though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I definitely relate. There was a period of not much coming out that interested me, now I am just swamped with games. Skyrim has replaced my usual MMO fix, but a buddy is heading back into SWTOR which makes me want to pick that back up...not to mention others are getting back into Diablo 3. Right now I am on a break from Skyrim because, as much fun as I've had modding and immersing myself in the world of Skyrim, I yanked myself out by doing those damn Daedric Quests and now my immersion is just broken. But I still have a lot I want to try out so I know my current 400 hours (plus 80 on the console) is just the beginning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3.
    It's sooo good now.
    Right now I am on a break from Skyrim because, as much fun as I've had modding and immersing myself in the world of Skyrim, I yanked myself out by doing those damn Daedric Quests and now my immersion is just broken. But I still have a lot I want to try out so I know my current 400 hours (plus 80 on the console) is just the beginning.
    I've been on a break from a bit because I got back into MMOs and D3. I'm setting up a new system this week, so I'm going to challenge myself to only install games as I play them, beat them, then uninstall. I picked up a lot of RPGs during the last sale. I have Mass Effect 1+2, Dragon Age: Origins, The Witcher 2, and a couple others I can't think of off hand. I have a LOT of game time that needs to be done, so I'll try to tackle them with a focus. However, I'm currently in a two game rotation (which for me is a miracle) of one MMO and D3. So it's going to be a long time before I can divert my attention.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    I also hear Wyrmstooth is really good, haven't tried it myself though.
    I enjoyed Wyrmstooth much more than Falskaar, even if Falskaar was perhaps a little more ambitious. Part of this might also stem from my not expecting very much from Wyrmstooth, and that it starts a tiny bit slow. Less bugs than Falskaar too (for me at least).
    "Brevity is...wit"

Deleted
    Switched to Somber Antique ENB for some tests (I usually use Project ENB). Somber is really a beautiful ENB but I find everything a bit ... brown.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Saaran Suum ENB and it also has a bit of brown tinge to everything. It does make things look a bit bleak and dull, but it also makes dungeons look really really good (to me at least).

Eh, due to my low end PC I've never delved into the world of ENBs. That said, the new one can handle everything, so I'd like some suggestions for ENB. Grim and Somber looks nice, but I'm thinking Realvision ?

Deleted
    Project ENB with Climates of Tamriel and ELFX kinda rock in any situation but be prepared to loose some fps.
    Grim and Somber / Somber Antique is oftenly used for screenshots of characters / monsters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey,
    This already looks like a promising place for some help.
    My computer can handle anything on the market at max settings. So for my modding adventures for skyrim, I don't think it's the graphical enhancements that making my PC throw a shitfit, it's my retarded application of a bunch of mods. I'm done trying to fix my problems myself (CTD, choppy gameplay, frame rate drops, long loading times IN GAME, other crap) because I think I'm making it worse. Here's a list of my mods if anyone can spend a few minutes and insult me on my load order, redundancies and so forth.
    http://i.imgur.com/42CwjVd.png
    http://i.imgur.com/K0GZrsZ.png
    http://i.imgur.com/mBPhnVV.png
    http://i.imgur.com/nRuAFoy.png

I'm totally ok with clean install and starting from scratch, I've yet to even get past the greybeards in the main quest, because all I really do is side quest and fix the damn thing. Any and all advice/insults are appreciated!!!

Deleted
    That's a lot of esp ...

Do you really need all of them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cemana View Post
    That's a lot of esp ...

Do you really need all of them?
    Recommend which to use/not use/use none? I REALLY want to play this game for real, but I also want it to not look like shit. Also, esp's are the script one's right?

Deleted
    An esp is not necessarily a script, an esp is an addition to the game. For example with mods that just change textures/meshes of existing objects you don't need an esp, you just need a data file of your new textures/meshes with the same path than the textures you want to replace (the bsa of the game are in fact just big data files). But if you want to add a weapon, a npc, a new event, change the original light radius of your torch ... you'll need an esp =)

You don't need tons of mods to make your game beautiful you can even just focus on a few mods

For example you can already have beautiful results with Skyrim 2k texture + Skyrim Flora overhaul + a good ENB if you play first-person.

Think that an ENB alone does ... 60% of the job when speaking about improving your game visuals x)

If you want more mods to make your landscapes/armors/npc/towns more beautiful I can give you a pretty solid list, but honestly the diffrence between an ENB and no ENB is gigantic.
    Last edited by mmocb1939ccd9e; 2014-03-29 at 02:24 AM.