The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    there is no reason to hate the Empire.
    There is always a reason to hate an oppressive system of government. That being said, I completely ignore them all and dragons after the first go. I always got annoyed at how often I had to stop what I wanted to do in order to fight a dragon that mostly circled in unreachable distances, but always kept me in combat. Now I can just run around and do whatever I want. Thankfully the dragon shouts still add to your abilities when you find them in dungeons, so you aren't wasting too much by doing it that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Is there a mod that allows you to kill both xD? really... fuck the oppressive empire and the xenophobic ulfric...
    Yeah, LAL like warped mentioned. I don't even start the quest chain and then you can kill everyone indiscriminately.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    So, one of the mods I DL'd was World Eater Beater which makes Alduin a lot more interesting. The thing is, like you said, I just keep playing sans Dragonborn stuff with LAL mod. I think I've made it to High Hrothgar with one of my characters in the past year. I usually dick around and then around level 10 I restart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw this on reddit
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Ulfric is an ass. Since the Live Another Life mod lets you NOT be captured crossing the border and sent to be executed, there is no reason to hate the Empire.
    Erm... I think you missed some fine points concerning the Thalmor presence in Skyrim.

Also. Live another life doesn't really do much except make it so you don't go through the helgen start. It doesn't start any quests concerning the civil war (unless you get/choose a civil war start) and dones't allow for any alternative civil war related storylines than what's present in teh game normally (Stormcloak with Ulfric, Imperial with Tullius, or temporary truce via Summer Unending or whatever the mission is in the main quest).

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Erm... I think you missed some fine points concerning the Thalmor presence in Skyrim.
    the white-gold concordat ain't gonna keep the peace forever. the empire wants to be rid of the dominion as much as ulfric. tullius hates the thalmor, but he's smart enough to recognize that sometimes you gotta suck it up and deal with things until you can do something about it.

Anyone know of any good mods that add more dragon varieties? And when I say varieties I don't mean just recolours/reskins fo dragons with new names/stats. I want new looking dragons. Only found one so far http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61632/?

But it is filled with some downright derpy looking ones that aren't very lore friendly in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the white-gold concordat ain't gonna keep the peace forever. the empire wants to be rid of the dominion as much as ulfric. tullius hates the thalmor, but he's smart enough to recognize that sometimes you gotta suck it up and deal with things until you can do something about it.
    Which is a plot point outside the bounds of teh setting.

I'd also say the empire doens't want to mess with teh dominion anywhere near as much as the Stormcloaks, the Empire gains more time teh less they involve themselves with the issue and are perfectly content to let the thalmor run free so long as they adhere to some level of discression. Even if it demands a certain general to be tied up at parties just for the sake of diplomacy (i think Tullius has some interesting lines of dialogue in one mission if some pre-reqs are met)

edit:
    lore friendly dragons? I'd think any would start pushing the 'lore' setting due to teh fact that dragons are basically not present in any ES game except for the depictions of Akatosh and Peryite?

I think Immersive creatues and the Monster Mod add some dragons to the list, or at least some draconic themed mobs.

only other thing I can think of was a skin thing that randomized dragon appearance more.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2015-02-22 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Anyone know of any good mods that add more dragon varieties? And when I say varieties I don't mean just recolours/reskins fo dragons with new names/stats. I want new looking dragons. Only found one so far http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61632/?

But it is filled with some downright derpy looking ones that aren't very lore friendly in the slightest.
    Dont know when it was last updated, but this is the one I used.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3829/?

They get many different shouts, some of them can even become invisible. Unfortunately, most of them are just recolors, although they are really good looking.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2015-02-22 at 08:47 PM.

I want to say Deadly Dragons doesn't add any new dragons, but modifies teh existing dragons to make them more boss like.

I want to say Deadly Dragons doesn't add any new dragons, but modifies teh existing dragons to make them more boss like.
    It definitely adds many more species from what I have seen. Like this beauty.

Anyway, it should still be better tha...

OH MY GOD, WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR FACE!!!!
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2015-02-22 at 09:05 PM.

i don't hvae deadly dragons, but that dwemer dragon likes to hound me around the ruins.

edit:
    part of immersive creatures.

some of the mobs it adds really strain the 'lore' like dragon/man/mer hybrids

i don't hvae deadly dragons, but that dwemer dragon likes to hound me around the ruins.

edit:
    part of immersive creatures.

some of the mobs it adds really strain the 'lore' like dragon/man/mer hybrids
    I was searching the screenshot for some variety, didnt know people would post stuff from different mods.

Anyway, the description itself reads that there are 14 extra species added so there is that. It also adds functionality to boost all random dragon encounters.

who knows, maybe the immersive creatures modder started collecting all the more lore friendly creatures produced and put them all in one mod.

Eh Deadly dragons doesn't add enough new dragons outside of recolours/reskins.

The mecha/robo dragon is too much lore pushing for me

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Eh Deadly dragons doesn't add enough new dragons outside of recolours/reskins.

The mecha/robo dragon is too much lore pushing for me
    Then I am afraid shark/dragon hybrids and draco-xenomorphs is all that remains for you.

Isn't there a mod on the nexus that adds Draconians from Dragonlance? They are half-men, half-dragon footsoldiers of the dragon overlords. Might fit for you considering the TES series likes half-men, half-beast breeds alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Isn't there a mod on the nexus that adds Draconians from Dragonlance? They are half-men, half-dragon footsoldiers of the dragon overlords. Might fit for you considering the TES series likes half-men, half-beast breeds alot.
    the non lore friendly version of skyrim immersive creatures has those just make sure you understand how you must uninstall that mod if you don't like it or it can break things.........

10+ Year Old Account

Also. Live another life doesn't really do much except make it so you don't go through the helgen start. It doesn't start any quests concerning the civil war (unless you get/choose a civil war start) and dones't allow for any alternative civil war related storylines than what's present in teh game normally (Stormcloak with Ulfric, Imperial with Tullius, or temporary truce via Summer Unending or whatever the mission is in the main quest).
    Part of the reason you hate the Empire right from the start is because they are executing you just because you were caught trying to cross the border. Normally this should just be jail time, but they are being dicks and executing everyone since Ulfric was there. This sours your disposition towards them and I would have a hard time backing the Empire for this reason. Remove that scenario and Empire is on pretty even terms with the Stormcloaks. Dig a little deeper though and you find Tullius is just trying to keep the peace so the Thalmor don't invade and mess everything up. Ulfric sounds pretty great, but less so once you get to know him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ton00 View Post
    I saw this one featured on Skyrim Mods Weekly yesterday. Elemental Dragons looks pretty awesome though. I use Deadly Dragons (and outside of the first dragon they are pretty tough), and World Eater Beater.

Although, admittedly I usually don't play as a "Dragonborn" character and have only done the quests to unlock Shouting this weekend for the first time in over a year. So I don't have a lot of experience with Dragon mods.

Part of the reason you hate the Empire right from the start is because they are executing you just because you were caught trying to cross the border. Normally this should just be jail time, but they are being dicks and executing everyone since Ulfric was there. This sours your disposition towards them and I would have a hard time backing the Empire for this reason. Remove that scenario and Empire is on pretty even terms with the Stormcloaks. Dig a little deeper though and you find Tullius is just trying to keep the peace so the Thalmor don't invade and mess everything up. Ulfric sounds pretty great, but less so once you get to know him.
    I would say teh white gold concordat was enough to dislike the Empire. The Second Treaty of Stros M'kai being another.... I would say the Empire has gone above and beyond to try keeping the Dominion out of Cyrodiil in any sort of force.