Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Really? It bounces to people you can't see? I thought bounce spells worked like Alpha Strike on Yi, where it actually only hits stuff you can see(so you have to move a bit further around the corner to hit all 4 Wraiths with it)
    Nope, you don't need vision for it to bounce all the times.

As long as you hit it, it will hit everything the spell sees, you don't need vision for it to work properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    So there is a mmoc chat room on the EUwest servers of the name of keko. So I'm going to start one on the NA servers by the name of mmoc-NA. It would be cool to see how many people here play on the NA servers. I will also be keeping a list of people in it, just to see how many there are, so it would be appreciated if you would PM me your ign, or just tell me in the chat room.

and yes I know I just scared all of you guys with the green text.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    No one is scared of green, but of magenta!

And who ever is from NA or plays there should go to Rozzi's channel, so you can start having fun and making games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    No one is scared of green, but of magenta!
    I'm waiting for a magenta wall of text now.

Deleted
    I'm waiting for a magenta wall of text now.
    xD

even my eyes would be afraid of reading a magenta wall of text.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. Indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    It's such a dark green I actually can't tell the difference from the black >.>
    (my eyes are bad)
    I think you mean colorblind. If you go lighter with the green font though it becomes almost impossible to read though.

A MMO champ channel for NA? Count me in!!! :-D

Deleted
    http://www.lolking.net/guides/preview/54784

If anyone wants to have a look at the guide I wrote, give feedback, comments, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Defender's a really weak choice. I know it's a throw-away point, but still...

I really like Randuin's Omen on him, as it gives you additional CC on diving the enemy team. Can understand why you'd prefer FH though. Items in general could use more information, it's very very brief and has no reasons given.

Could possibly use a few more match ups (Amumu for example)

Like the Routes and reasoning.

Noticed a few spelling/grammatical errors throughout (second blue buff if necessary).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post

If anyone wants to have a look at the guide I wrote, give feedback, comments, etc.
    It's a quite good guide, nice job posting synergies with Maokai, that way people will know when to pick Maokai (Or what people need to pick when they have one). One thing to note is that you didn't quite go in depth on the synergies like Riven/Irelia, might wanna put some extra comments there (but I'm sort of a perfectionist at times, so don't mind me).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I think Defender's a really weak choice. I know it's a throw-away point, but still...

I really like Randuin's Omen on him, as it gives you additional CC on diving the enemy team. Can understand why you'd prefer FH though. Items in general could use more information, it's very very brief and has no reasons given.

Could possibly use a few more match ups (Amumu for example)

Like the Routes and reasoning.

Noticed a few spelling/grammatical errors throughout (second blue buff if necessary).
    Yeah I've been fiddling around with where to put it, and I like defender. It's pretty strong early game where you wont have that much bonus armor and mr.

On items, did you press the "Read Author Notes", I've gone pretty in-depth there. I dont like the layout of the item section, so I chose to keep that short and just write everything down.

Working on more match-ups, I just chose the worst ones for him to begin with. Will add more later on.

Where did you notice errors? I hate grammar/spelling errors!

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 01:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    It's a quite good guide, nice job posting synergies with Maokai, that way people will know when to pick Maokai (Or what people need to pick when they have one). One thing to note is that you didn't quite go in depth on the synergies like Riven/Irelia, might wanna put some extra comments there (but I'm sort of a perfectionist at times, so don't mind me).
    Hmm, yeah, will do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh. Every time I get lux or a character I like in an aram, I have the worst possible team.
    Enemy team has Veigar and Rammus. So my team decides its a great idea to rush them, there's no way they can chain CC us, right?

So there is a mmoc chat room on the EUwest servers of the name of keko. So I'm going to start one on the NA servers by the name of mmoc-NA. It would be cool to see how many people here play on the NA servers. I will also be keeping a list of people in it, just to see how many there are, so it would be appreciated if you would PM me your ign, or just tell me in the chat room.

sweet will be cool to play with you peeps on mmo-c

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 01:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    Sigh. Every time I get lux or a character I like in an aram, I have the worst possible team.
    Enemy team has Veigar and Rammus. So my team decides its a great idea to rush them, there's no way they can chain CC us, right?
    yea... i had 5 melee vs 5 ranged (i was 5 melee team) we got stomped until we hit lvl6. os its just waiting game till lvl6 lol

BTW guys, spirit of golem is the most OP item right now. if you are top buy it, its not even funny how stupidly OP the item is

2.4k gold for 35% tenacity, 500hp 30armor, 25% damage icnrease to neutral creep. this item have what top brusier wants pretty much FOR ONLY 2.4k gold!!

edit:forgot it gives you philo effect 15hps/5 mp5??
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2013-01-02 at 12:56 AM.
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted

Alright so I know jack shit about how to play Maokai but uhh yeah. I'll bold my corrections and italicize my concerns.

Summoner Spells
    The secondary summoner spell however can vary between champions, team composition and your own personal liking. On Maokai, Flash is most definitely the best.
    Binding together "team-composition" is at best functionally redundant and at worst, a grammatical error. "Your own personal liking." sounds a bit stilted but maybe that's just me.

Runes
    AS reds - Faster clear times, works very well with Maokai's passive which will constantly proc during teamfights and ganks.
    Armor yellows - Makes you beefy and ensures that you'll stay healthy for ganks. No other alternative is even worth mentioning.
    "beefy, and" is a functionally redundant comma.

Abilities
    The above is a pretty generic skill-set for Maokai. We can make a few changes here and there depending on your team's composition.
    Leblanc, or Darius, who need to be shut down early in order to prevent them from snowballing on you.
    Or even just champions with next to no escape capability such as
    Ganking early can lead to early advantages which can snowball on the enemy team, which is a good thing!
    We get 2 ranks in Sapling Toss (E) for(?)faster clearing speed, and after that either max Arcane Smash (Q)
    While starting a sentence with a co-ord conjunction isn't necessarily wrong, even though some might swear it upon their grandmothers, it feels a bit stilted to me in this case.
    Not sure on the Sap Toss thing, it just seems to me like a word was missing.

Items
    If things are going well, finish your core build with an Aegis of the Legion
    Irelia, who's reliant on auto-attacks for most of their(?) damage output
    Such as Riven, Renekton, or even Ezreal
    If they're running double AP, I'd get this if your AP isn't liable to get it. Provides good MR and a little damage is never bad.
    Upgrade your Aegis of the Legion somewhat early if you need some extra Magic Resistance or if your team needs to get beefier.
    If you have a slot free and you dont know what to get and if your team is playing "protect the carry".
    I don't like this item one bit. It provides little health and mana, good magic res, but a very, very unreliable passive.
    I don't care much more for unreliable, RNG-ish items so I stay away from them and recommend anyone else to do the same.
    If, however, you for some reason happen to be playing against triple AP or something like that, you should get it.
    The Irelia case is just mopping up some stilted writing, 'most damage output' rings a little weird.
    As for the list, I'm going to assume that you've adopted the usage of the Oxford comma, in which case you need to stay consistent.
    In the case of Abyssal, "isn't viable to get it" sounds weird but funnily enough, liable seems to fit perfectly. Oxford comma also serves no use in non-lists.
    Again, next line, redundant comma.
    Again, next line, redundant comma.
    Next line, adding apostrophe and removing 'though'. 'Though' made it seem like it wasn't a list, if you want to add emphasis that the MR is good I suggest "It provides good Magic Res but little health and mana, and the passive is very unreliable." Honestly not sure on usage of Oxford comma here, someone can comment if lolEnglishmajor
    Next line, adding apostrophe and removing redundant comma.
    Next line, sentence felt weird to me, fixed with most elegant solution I could come up with.

Matchups
    He'll most definitely have no Flash so shouldn't be too big of a problem.
    Don't get counter-ganked by Lee Sin
    He has no mercy and he will kill you.
    You cannot escape him, he has a very short cooldown slow with great damage, he has true damage, and he has a godly clear-speed.
    Ward your jungle entrances and do not get counter-ganked by him
    Gank the lanes in which he is nowhere nearby.
    I recommend getting a smiteless red and then rushing your blue.
    get a philo-stone because you won't be farming too much against him.
    Routes
    Stuff
    Basically, get rid of commas before conjunctions except the one under 'What if I get invaded?'
    Also, *opposing

General tips and info
    If your laner has some initial CC, ask him to start out with it so that you can get in a proper position or even save your Twisted Advance
    saving your Twisted Advance (W) for his Flash or other escape-abilities.
    Also remember that, a gank which forces any kind of
    Sapling Toss (E) can be used as small wards (lasts for 35seconds), or just vision on Dragon/Baron pit to see if the oppossing team is going for it, or if you want to try and steal it. Or for
    At this point you should be trying to force small skirmishes, run around with an Oracle's and try to pick off lone enemies.
    It's not just the support's job to make sure you have map control!
    position your Vengeful Maelstrom (R, ultimate) on top of as many allies as possible to
    Insane burst and a Twisted Advance into her Petrifying Gaze is awesome, not to mention her
    His spammable Lay Waste fits with Maokai's passive; and his Wall of Pain and his ability to dive
    All of the above has a few things in common; great burst and follow-up CC on
    as well which fits well into Maokai's kit and some are great tanks with awesome damage and great CC potential, which allows
    Lulu and her Wild Growth synergize perfectly with
    Italicized contains massive abuse of the word 'or'
    Not sure on the Karthus thing, I'm trying to think of a way to separate the two parts without making it unclear they're separate or overusing commas. Semi-colon probably isn't correct either but it's a decent enough bandaid.

Final words
    First off, thank you for reading my guide. I very much enjoyed writing this and I'd appreciate any kind of feedback.
    I'll definitely be writing another guide, if you've got any suggestions on which champion to write up on
    Thank you for now and have a nice evening.

Maybe I should've PM'd this but I'm lazy.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2013-01-02 at 12:53 AM. Reason: >tfw making grammatical errors in grammatical corrections

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post

BTW guys, spirit of golem is the most OP item right now. if you are top buy it, its not even funny how stupidly OP the item is

2.4k gold for 35% tenacity, 500hp 30armor, 25% damage icnrease to neutral creep. this item have what top brusier wants pretty much FOR ONLY 2.4k gold!!
    I'd say it depends on your champion and who you're against. Seeing as it provides no offensive stats, and top being a very aggressive lane, it'd require good base stats or a need to be tanky.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 01:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    -snip-
    Brilliant. Thanks.

Lol, I thought 'definitely' was spelt with an A. LOL. I kinda feel like this D:

Also had no idea about the Oxford thing.

I see what you mean about the Karthus bit, I re-wrote it completely. I've also corrected the mistakes (all of them, I hope, I'll have to read it through again when I'm done re-writing the snip about synegies).

Added some more match-ups and finished re-writing the synergies section.
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2013-01-02 at 07:20 AM.

I'd say it depends on your champion and who you're against. Seeing as it provides no offensive stats, and top being a very aggressive lane, it'd require good base stats or a need to be tanky.
    gives you good sustain during lane and gives you good amount of defensive stats you dont have to build later on game, yes sure offensive is good but you wont be leaving your lane anytime <15min mark you could easily build a cheap brutalizer after this item or even sheen, not saying offensive item is bad but its good to buy this before starting to build your offensive item
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    gives you good sustain during lane and gives you good amount of defensive stats you dont have to build later on game, yes sure offensive is good but you wont be leaving your lane anytime <15min mark you could easily build a cheap brutalizer after this item or even sheen, not saying offensive item is bad but its good to buy this before starting to build your offensive item
    The problem is that 2.4k gold is quite a bit and you need the full item to get the armor from it. Until then, all you have is a little health from Giant's Belt which really isn't all that much. In the meantime your opponent has built either Brutalizer+something else or almost an entire Bloodthirster.

So much pwn from Keko tonight!

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Maybe I should've PM'd this but I'm lazy.
    You might be many things, but lazy does not seem to be one of them.