Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Who makes the decision on what this thread is to become? The Moderators or the posters?
    Generally, I think the moderators do. Of course, that's under the assumption that certain threads are not living up to their thread titles and/or purpose.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    It depends on how the thread goes. If it keeps going in a chatty way where LoL isn't discussed, this thread will be moved to Chat Zone I believe, or a new one will be made there.

Basically, it's Sunshine's decision but I'd say it's up to the posters too for where the thread's direction will go. You know.
    It usually only goes that way when there's nothing to discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I vote for keeping this for LoL discussion and news and starting a new thread in Chatzone for us to chat in.
    Sounds like a good idea, but I still prefer having this one for both, *shrug*
    Last edited by mmoca4d455c28a; 2013-02-18 at 01:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Right now, we have a problem with this thread in that a lot of the relevant news and LoL discussion is posted here, but it's mixed in with tons of friendly chatter. So you have people who end up asking questions that are already answered somewhere in this thread and getting yelled at, when it's silly to expect someone to read the whole thing.
    Thing is, no one got yelled at for asking something - it's the thread's regular posters who got yelled at for having a small community of our own in here. What happened was that some fangirl-Japanese and personal conversations got mixed in with LoL talk and someone got angry that Japanese(On level equivalent to saying stuff such as presto and understandable to 90% of internet users and 100% of intended receipents) is present in the LoL thread.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-02-18 at 01:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    *Hides from Sunshine* You can't find me now!

I don't think that's the case, I haven't actually seen people getting yelled at for asking an answered question, unless it's really like 1 page ago...
    Who makes the decision on what this thread is to become? The Moderators or the posters?
    Both, really. Since Sunshine has posted I'll shed some light on the situation. The mods have been discussing what to do with this thread on and off for a while. Since there is the off-topic chit-chat along side the on-topic posts, it's not really clear cut what to do. Of course, most of this was before the chat zone subforum. If the thread were to take a more chat thread-like direction, it would be moved since it would be clear you guys would rather have this as a chat thread than a LoL thread. Since it's always been close to the line we have kept it here. I've always liked the duality of the thread and defended it staying here, but Sunshine and other mods have brought up very good reasons to move it. The previous argument is another one.

A best case scenario would be to make a chat thread on the chat-zone (Gogo Muzual!) and leave this one here because it is a great place for casual LoL talk and small news announcements, and you guys would have to stop with the long, off-topic tangents (Including the Dota stuff Zefie).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Both, really. Since Sunshine has posted I'll shed some light on the situation. The mods have been discussing what to do with this thread on and off for a while. Since there is the off-topic chit-chat along side the on-topic posts, it's not really clear cut what to do. Of course, most of this was before the chat zone subforum. If the thread were to take a more chat thread-like direction, it would be moved since it would be clear you guys would rather have this as a chat thread than a LoL thread. Since it's always been close to the line we have kept it here. I've always liked the duality of the thread and defended it staying here, but Sunshine and other mods have brought up very good reasons to move it. The previous argument is another one.

A best case scenario would be to make a chat thread on the chat-zone (Gogo Muzual!) and leave this one here because it is a great place for casual LoL talk and small news announcements, and you guys would have to stop with the long, off-topic tangents (Including the Dota stuff Zefie).
    Thanks for clearing it up a little and for the bolded part ^^.

@Part I made Italic, he just went to sleep lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    The point is that the personal stuff doesn't belong in the thread if it's going to be a serious LoL chat thread. I'm not just talking about that one isolated occurrence, I'm talking about over and over where people post just to say good morning or that they're going to bed or whatever.

This stuff isn't bad and having a community is definitely a good thing, but having it mixed in with the LoL stuff leads to people getting frustrated. You might not see it because a lot of it is expressed personally to me or to the mods, but it exists.

I think it would be great to create a new thread for the chatty stuff in the chat zone; that way, you're not constrained in your discussion and you can really get to know each other without worrying about staying on topic. I really don't want to come in with some mandate from above, though; it's your thread and I'd love if you guys can work it out.

Deleted
    I can understand the arguments, where is the line drawn then, though?
    Is adding something along the lines of "That being said, I'm off to bed as it's damn late over here." at the end of otherwise completely LoL-related post going too much into the "personal" territory? Would adding a comment about a character in one of the posters' signatures or avatars to a normal post, or welcoming a frequent poster after a break from writing here go over that line?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not trying to say "hey, every character of every post has to be about LoL or else", and I'm fine with being flexible. Saying that you're going to sleep or commenting on someone else's sig in context of a larger post is totally fine.

The problem is just when we end up with tons of personal discussion or pages of people basically saying "hello goodbye" and so on. If everyone posts separately to welcome someone new or to wish someone a good night, it adds up.

Deleted
    I do not recall stuff being that bad, but then again - I probably am biased here seeing as I'm likely to have been among the guilty if such stuff did occur.

Anyway, thanks for clearing stuff up... and that being said, I'm off to bed as it's damn late over here. ^.^

All right Sunshine, thanks for taking the time to come here and talk with us.
    I just wanted to mention that if we "veterans" here yell at people, chase them away and literally break the rules, then moderator action is perfectly fine.

I think this thread is more considered a "general chat for MMO-C people playing LoL", rather than a direct "chat about LoL"-thread, if this makes any sense.

Our intention is never to question the moderators or to make their job worse. However, I think people feel a bit "restricted" when we can't chat in here and have to go to other sections.

Personally, I never browse anything other than the LoL and Video Games-sections unless something catches my eye on the front page in the "recent posts". I imagine other people could be similar.

Anyway, to make it short; we just chat harmlessly. If people feel like we're alienating them, then just speak up and we'll tone it down. We're kind of a community these days, so more people makes things merrier, but I understand if they feel left outside of the group.

Some people may seem very intense, grumpy, serious, blunt, whatever you wanna call it, but we're not a bad bunch. We don't bite, so don't worry about it. It's always fun to chat with people, old and new alike.
    Last edited by NotValidAnymore; 2013-02-18 at 02:18 AM.

Deleted
    Why do people max charge first and rush locket of the iron solari on Xin now? When did this become a thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Why do people max charge first and rush locket of the iron solari on Xin now? When did this become a thing?
    I think Gambit Gaming's Diamondprox made it a thing. It gives you health and CDR, good stats for Xin, and an active for more survivability, which is needed as Xin is used as an initiator now.

Maxing charge reduces the CD on it and increases the slow effectiveness. This is still not like release Xin where rank 1 charge had a 40% slow.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Anyway, to make it short; we just chat harmlessly. If people feel like we're alienating them, then just speak up and we'll tone it down. We're kind of a community these days, so more people makes things merrier, but I understand if they feel left outside of the group.

Some people may seem very intense, grumpy, serious, blunt, whatever you wanna call it, but we're not a bad bunch. We don't bite, so don't worry about it. It's always fun to chat with people, old and new alike.
    I think the chatting is wonderful and should be encouraged; it should just be in a forum section where it belongs.

That's why I think having a companion chat thread (yes, you can use both!) for the fun non-LoL stuff would be good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anybody else noticing random disconnects? In the two games I just played, half our team and half the opponents team randomly disconnected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Maxing charge has always been the thing on Xin, and the locket rush is rather new, as thallidomanic said, it was from Darien I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Anybody else noticing random disconnects? In the two games I just played, half our team and half the opponents team randomly disconnected.
    Yep. And recently i started experiencing weird freezes (everything stops and ping spikes to 500 for 2-3 seconds), my character responds for everything i click, but nothing happens on my screen for a short amount of time
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Right now, we have a problem with this thread in that a lot of the relevant news and LoL discussion is posted here, but it's mixed in with tons of friendly chatter. So you have people who end up asking questions that are already answered somewhere in this thread and getting yelled at, when it's silly to expect someone to read the whole thing.
    I really like the duality of this thread but lately it has become worse and worse. I really don't mind some unrelated chatter but it feels as if it has become an insane amount. I'd even say that it dwarfed the lol related talk which is bad and finally led to the involvement of the super mods (It was balanced earlier. There was far more lol related talk and most of the OT stuff was added to a post not a post itself like now). A little bit of chatter is good but the main part should be lol related.

People yelling at each other I guess I know what Sunshine is talking about. People get too emotional with people like JimPaladin or Pandragon (forgive me if the names are wrong... you know who I meant) or can't understand how someone can tell them they are all wrong (yes, I'm talking about Firebert). You won't change their minds by yelling at them. If you notice that your idea of the game is incompatible with theirs just ignore them

It would be sad if we lost this thread so can we please chat a bit less (If you have to chat that badly there is a forum for it. Create a new thread there and link it on here.) and keep it more lol related. A little bit added chatter isn't bad and I hope we can get back to the earlier balance of this thread which means mostly lol

thats the jist of it meteo. i started reading these forums at page roughly 800. and since bout 1200 or so there has been alot of "personal banter". a quip ehre and there is good. but when u get a string of 3-4 pages of it.... :-S. i frequent this thread to read general LoL info.

Back on topic, do you think the nerf to Mogs gunna b enough to stop the health stacking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SargorVirm View Post
    thats the jist of it meteo. i started reading these forums at page roughly 800. and since bout 1200 or so there has been alot of "personal banter". a quip ehre and there is good. but when u get a string of 3-4 pages of it.... :-S. i frequent this thread to read general LoL info.

Back on topic, do you think the nerf to Mogs gunna b enough to stop the health stacking?
    Doubtful. However, the changes to Blade of the Ruined King, assuming they state that way, (very doubtful that it will though) may give ADCs and AS bruisers a chance against the Mad Mog stackers.

Odd that Liandry's hasn't been tweaked again on PBE yet though.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by SargorVirm View Post
    Same here. PAGES after pages of nothing but offtopic is just too much. Some is fine

b2t:
    The Mogs nerf wont change the health stacking. You are stacking health atm because they nerfed resistances and buffed penetration which made health more effective (Although some people still don't understand that health is NOT the best thing vs penetration. Armor is STILL usually more effective at increasing your EHP but the difference is that resistance is only versus one of two things but HP is against everything. Even true damage)

The buff for BotRK might make people finally stop blindly stacking health and getting some resistances as well. At the moment this item looks like the new overpowered item.

@Thalli: What should they tweak?