10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Yeah, its kind of like Zyra w/o the mass CC AoE ultimate.

Build your double GP/5, Ruby Sighstone, and then go for those supporty-AP items that Axe mentioned (although not banner of command, dafuq). I really, really like Shard of True Ice if you have a hard-initiator like Malphite, Nocturne, etc that you can toss that active slow onto...plus you get the AoE mana regen AND it keeps acting as a GP/5 item.

Twin Shadows has got to be my favorite item in the game as an AP support..especially so in yoloQ.
    I like banner of command when you have a champ who is fantastic at split pushing. Hell, the promoted minion can push a tower all by itself if you need to put focus elsewhere to take objectives. It forces someone to go deal with the minion or they lose a tower and it's another decent source of income for a support since you get all the gold from the minions it kills.

Not something I would buy every game, but it has it's place on an AP support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Refuted. I did not compare or equate anyone to Hitler or the Nazis and that's when Godwin's law comes into effect.
    Also, finished build makes as much sense as a monkey dressed as Hitler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godwin's Law wikipedia entry
    "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."
    For example, there is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever debate was in progress.
    You compared my build to something involving Hitler, so you lose.

It's not the best law, I'll admit.

---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 10:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I don't know how you still have the energy to bother replying to this, it seems half the users on this forum are simply out to harass you whenever you post
    I've got a slightly overactive thyroid gland which gives me a heightened metabolism, and as such I burn more protein than I should when I eat, giving me more energy to do things (and less muscle). Always have plenty of energy.

As for harassing me, it's par for the course for any online community that some people will be horrible to others, see WoW, LoL, CoD, and so on. I've been online gaming since Halo 1, so I've got a thicker skin than you may give me credit for.

Plus, where else am I going to get interesting tidbits of LoL information like why Jax is disabled?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else notice how incredibly buggy Ahri's charm is? I mean before there were times people wouldn't get charmed or would stand still/walk away from me but now I'm resetting jungle creeps. Decided to play a bot game to chill, and to play ahri and every time I've used charm on them to finish them off...they would reset. :\

Refuted. I did not compare or equate anyone to Hitler or the Nazis and that's when Godwin's law comes into effect.
    But you did:
    Also, finished build makes as much sense as a monkey dressed as Hitler
    You compared a the finished build to a monkey dressed as Hitler, therefore Godwin's Law does apply.

It doesn't apply only to people, it applies to any comparison that involves Hitler or the Nazi's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Exaggeration, again.
    Not being placed in a ranked division is still unexperienced, sorry to tell you.
    Never said I knew better: I said it would be better under a different situation.
    A situation that never occurs?
    Doesn't give you the right to flame me.
    It gives me the right to disapprove of your builds and call you out on them. And you seem to have a differing perspective on the meaning of flaming.
    So it's impossible for me to prove it because my team mates and opponents aren't building orthodox builds either. Bored of these Catch 22's now.
    You could prove it by playing ranked only with that Shyvana build and winning most of it. As I have done with my Boots + 2 Defensive Items + 3 Offensive items top Jarvan build (which I'm not going to explain, just look at my lolking profile).
    Hence why Tenacity's a must, which is what this whole thing's been about: you can get Tenacity from other items to retool your defenses depending on incoming damage.
    Tenacity only reduces 35% and doesn't actually help that much if you get chain CC'd and bursted down. (Because you could've just gone merc threads and built another tank item instead of Zephyr, duh)
    I'm disappointed that you still think my suggestion is to "troll".
    It's trolling when you try to bring others to believe that a build works, which clearly doesn't.
    Tell me about it.

The meta is still quite malleable.
    If you're playing bot games, sure. The lack of meta there is something different from ranked games indeed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    You compared a the finished build to a monkey dressed as Hitler, therefore Godwin's Law does apply.

It doesn't apply only to people, it applies to any comparison that involves Hitler or the Nazi's.
    I am quite sure you know that Godwin's Law refers to comparing someone's actions, words or beliefs to be in some way as bad as the Nazi party's and Hitler's.
    "Monkey dressed as Hitler" is, courtesy of SMBC, a rather good denominator of nonsense; in that case it was used as a hyperbole expressing that comparing finished builds is not very relevant when that stage of the game is pretty much never reached, and nine out of then times when it does get that far it has already been either won or lost.

I guess I did not express it with clarity beyond any doubt, I should have written "finished build comparison" there - but I assumed it was rather obvious from both earlier posts I referenced as well as what I wrote.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-06-19 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    Not being placed in a ranked division is still unexperienced, sorry to tell you.
    Then be sure to be more accurate with what you say in future. No/zero experience =/= inexperienced.
    A situation that never occurs?
    With the amount of players LoL has, and the amount of games those players play, it's incredibly unlikely that the situation has never occured. I don't have the stats on that one, so I'm just ballparking it.
    It gives me the right to disapprove of your builds and call you out on them. And you seem to have a differing perspective on the meaning of flaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming on wikipedia
    Flaming, also known as bashing, is hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users, often involving the use of profanity.
    I'm pretty sure that you're insulting me the vast majority of the time. And I suppose, according to you, I have the right to call you out on it.
    Tenacity only reduces 35% and doesn't actually help that much if you get chain CC'd and bursted down. (Because you could've just gone merc threads and built another tank item instead of Zephyr, duh)
    Because two items is better than one, duh. You've only got six slots, might as well try to optimise the space as much as possible.
    It's trolling when you try to bring others to believe that a build works, which clearly doesn't.
    Misrepresentation: I already clarified when the build works.
    If you're playing bot games, sure. The lack of meta there is something different from ranked games indeed.
    There is a meta in bot games: 2 top 1 mid 2 bot, with a bias towards the current PvP meta. Obviously that doesn't occur in some cases as the opposing team is randomly generated.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    insulting interaction between Internet users
    That's the bit where you are mistaken.

People attack your ideas and itembuilds. Not you. People can disagree with each other just fine. You might like George W. Bush, I might hate his guts - it's all good. Following that, however, they do start to attack your stubbornness. To continue with the example - "Iraq definitely had weapons of mass destruction, we just never found them overturning the entire country." - if people then call you out on this, you take that as being flamed. Occasionally it might be, not denying that, but a lot of it is simply refuting some -frankly- gawdawful ideas about how this game pans out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    People attack your ideas and itembuilds. Not you.
    Have to disagree with that one, see the exaggerations and misrepresentations above, along with things like Deylana's lovely little line*. The rest of the post rests on this premise.

*"I strongly hope you are in fact a rational human being that deserves help and sympathy, but I find it hard to believe that a human being can be as bull-headed as you come off without being a drooling mess."

EDIT: If people attacked my ideas and item builds, they'd do them as is instead of adding negative spin to them to try to improve their argument.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    Firebert, just enjoy your bot games doing your builds. Don't try to educate people on why your builds are "omg so good" when bot games are massively different to ranked.

As long as you stop preaching, no one cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    fierbert you are clearly not as good as some of the other people here and as such you probably should leave the advice giving to them, or least stop when you are wrong.

the rest of you are pretty harsh at times though remember when someone said he thought it was annoying that people sometimes declined the queue and how that guy was suddenly the devil?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    fierbert you are clearly not as good as some of the other people here and as such you probably should leave the advice giving to them, or least stop when you are wrong.
    Define "wrong" in this context.

Also, I know I'm not as good as everyone here, but that doesn't mean I should be gagged until I get to an arbitrary tier.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    Define "wrong" in this context.

Also, I know I'm not as good as everyone here, but that doesn't mean I should be gagged until I get to an arbitrary tier.
    No. You shouldn't be gagged. You should stop thinking that you know better than people who have played a lot longer, who have so much more experience in the game, in higher levels of play.

Let's try to put it in WoW terms. Imagine a freshly dinged max level champion who tells you, a veteran of the class for years that, as a warrior, you should be stacking Agility and Intelligence gems, with a couple of Haste gems when tanking, and tanking in the fury tree. You ask him where he came by this build, and he tells you it's worked for him in dungeons using the LFD tool. Would you heed this guys advice as a raider? This sounds extreme doesnt it? but this is exactly what Triforce vlad looks like, or Frozen Heart Akali, or even Zephyr rush (Granted, it's not "As bad" as the others, but it's still pretty terrible) to people who are experienced.

What I want you to try and understand is, people put thousands of hours collectively into theorycrafting the best items, the best runes, the best masteries for champions. Go to LoLpro.com and check out the guides for the vlads/akalis/Shyvannas. Do you think you, a casual bot-game player, have as much experience as these guys? I sure as hell don't, I can't even begin to scratch the surface at the moment.

I don't understand what proof you want that your builds just don't work realistically in a proper game. Hell,

That was not 5 minutes ago. Purely a trash build (Zerker Greaves, Elder Lizard, Wits End, and the gold for Deathcap). I had the highest CS in the game, as a jungler. Does that mean this build is now viable? No, it doesn't. You can run anything in bot games and get the result, it's really not difficult

It's a crude example, I'll admit, but I'm trying to make you see how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Sn0w View Post
    Firebert, just enjoy your bot games doing your builds. Don't try to educate people on why your builds are "omg so good" when bot games are massively different to ranked.

Please take this advice. Please!

Deleted
    Then be sure to be more accurate with what you say in future. No/zero experience =/= inexperienced.
    You're still inexperienced which doesn't really give you the right to claim your builds are better/more functional than the
    With the amount of players LoL has, and the amount of games those players play, it's incredibly unlikely that the situation has never occured. I don't have the stats on that one, so I'm just ballparking it.
    You have no stats on said situation so you can't prove it.
    I'm pretty sure that you're insulting me the vast majority of the time. And I suppose, according to you, I have the right to call you out on it.
    Insulting =/= saying a person is wrong.
    Because two items is better than one, duh. You've only got six slots, might as well try to optimise the space as much as possible.
    You always get boots so that argument is dumb.
    Misrepresentation: I already clarified when the build works.
    In a very unlikely situation that will probably never occur.
    There is a meta in bot games: 2 top 1 mid 2 bot, with a bias towards the current PvP meta. Obviously that doesn't occur in some cases as the opposing team is randomly generated.
    Yeah people go to the lanes, how is that a meta?
    The meta is what kind of champions go where, not just how many people go to each lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Sn0w View Post

Firebert heed this advice for gods sake.
    Last edited by mmoca4d455c28a; 2013-06-20 at 12:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Please take this advice. Please!
    No. All that quote basically says is "stop talking".
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    It's "stop giving advice", not "stop talking".

No it doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're still inexperienced which doesn't really give you the right to claim your builds are better/more functional than the [sic]
    Have you tried them?
    You have no stats on said situation so you can't prove it.
    Neither do you, so you can't prove it the other way either. Hitchen's Razor.
    Insulting =/= saying a person is wrong.
    However, saying a person is wrong, negatively spinning their argument and misrepresentation = insulting.
    You always get boots so that argument is dumb.
    Then the bonus on the other set of boots counters your argument.
    In a very unlikely situation that will probably never occur.
    See above: you can't prove otherwise.
    Yeah people go to the lanes, how is that a meta? The meta is what kind of champions go where, not just how many people go to each lane.
    No jungle? Also, I clearly stated that the bots attempt to follow current meta where possible.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 02:30 AM ----------

It's "stop giving advice", not "stop talking".
    Not really: anything I say can be construed as "preaching" to you guys, even this statement, and I won't put it past you considering past events.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    Have you tried them?
    I don't need to try them to know they're not good. Experience and learning game mechanics has brought me to the conclusion that there's no need to try them in the first place.
    Neither do you, so you can't prove it the other way either. Hitchen's Razor.
    Neither of us has stats on the subject then, why bother continue?
    However, saying a person is wrong, negatively spinning their argument and misrepresentation = insulting.
    I don't think I've ever misrepresented your arguments at all. I'm merely stating the truth.
    Then the bonus on the other set of boots counters your argument.
    I don't see how the bonus on ninja tabi is equal to an entire defensive item, but sure if you say so Firebert.
    See above: you can't prove otherwise.
    See above: discussion is irrelevant.
    No jungle? Also, I clearly stated that the bots attempt to follow current meta where possible.
    If even the bots are following the meta, why aren't you doing so as well?
    Not really: anything I say can be construed as "preaching" to you guys, even this statement, and I won't put it past you considering past events.
    The only thing you're doing here is nitpicking on his choice of words.