Wouldnt really call wukong mid not normal. More like cassiopeia jungle or support zed.

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    what i mean by forcing to meta is that if you would like to play something not normal
    lets say wukong mid or something, then you will instantly get raged on and reported for not playing true mid

also forced to have top / jungle / mid / 2 bot since anything else will take years to get into
    That's not really the system forcing a meta. That's the players.

Also, you will not get raged at for picking something unconventional. The system finds 4 players who are okay with your pick, whatever it is.

If only people would actually read about this feature. So much crap being said all over LoL forums everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Give Teambuilder it's own ranked queue, problem solved. The people who want to use it can do so(just like 3v3 ranked, for example), while everybody else just keeps playing solo/duoqueue.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Give Teambuilder it's own ranked queue, problem solved.
    Not quite, how do bans work in Team Builder Ranked?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    what i mean by forcing to meta is that if you would like to play something not normal
    lets say wukong mid or something, then you will instantly get raged on and reported for not playing true mid

also forced to have top / jungle / mid / 2 bot since anything else will take years to get into
    Only it's not enforcing the meta, because you can queue as whatever you want and someone, somewhere will pick you for their team. you have to choose champion, role, and lane before even being thrown into the queue. Longer queue times will happen if your going to play something crazy (which Wukong mid is not), but that's the trade off for overall better team mates and a team willing to work with your odd pick.

Give Teambuilder it's own ranked queue, problem solved. The people who want to use it can do so(just like 3v3 ranked, for example), while everybody else just keeps playing solo/duoqueue.
    Problem with Ranked Teambuilder is it's pretty much a more organized Blind Pick. No way to account for bans or drafting champions in the current iteration.

Deleted
    why can you even get punished for leaving a ranked champ select.. like.. when you have someone that goes top first pick and then last two picks sion + yorick and screams top just to troll.. then you shouldn't rly be punished

anyway
    teambuiler = much much longer queue unless you play meta and play normal champs in normal lanes, and i'm sure if you pick something weird you're gonna have to wait 15-30 min to get into a game.. you will also have people that never play anything but mid / top and will be super bad because they don't learn the other champs and learn how to do some things

i just don't like this teambuiler stuff and will completely stop playing normal games when it hits :/
    and if it goes ranked i will just stop playing all in all
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2013-10-16 at 03:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All complaints about team builder i heard is about still getting bad players and trolls in your team. Well, at least you'll have a higher chance to get more comfortable lanes to play with
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    i kinda hope team builder will never hit..

what do when you duo with a friend and both of you want mid or something??

also, forcing you to meta much
    Read about the fucking thing before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Been playing AD thresh today. Why isn't he played as AD more? Not necessarily ADC, but like AD top lane or something. I can chunk an ADC down to less than half in one swing.
    And then what? You wait 10 seconds for flay auto attack CD to be back to hit someone again? Or you do measly little auto attacks with no buff? He has immense control with lantern, flay active, and death sentence, his damage is not that great. Yeah one hit is nice, but it's nothing compared to a CDR nasus at 500 stacks or even a Jax that can combo and land an E on an ADC.

Personally, I think playing thresh like a shen would be fun and partially viable except you don't have the split pushing power with no global teleport that Shen has. However playing much more tanky AD top especially if you have something like an Annie support sounds like a good comp, and Thresh can get pretty tanky while still having his first hit flay damage. So much control and peel potential with a thresh and Annie, incredibly good initiate by landing a hook or a flash tibbers, and that's only with two teammates. I think the biggest problem is his roaming ability would be very powerful, but he has no wave clear and he can't build a tiamat because he's ranged. If you can find a way to get wave clear so you can roam to mid for lantern + death sentence + flay ganks or even just clearing the other jungle I think he would be strong but I don't know how it would be possible to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    anyway
    teambuiler = much much longer queue unless you play meta and play normal champs in normal lanes, and i'm sure if you pick something weird you're gonna have to wait 15-30 min to get into a game.. you will also have people that never play anything but mid / top and will be super bad because they don't learn the other champs and learn how to do some things

i just don't like this teambuiler stuff and will completely stop playing normal games when it hits :/
    1) That's the trade off for better team mates. You can play crazy stuff in the other queues, but you have a high chance of being accused of trolling. Longer queue times is fine for more cooperative people.
    2) Bad players are everywhere. They are in every queue. The system isn't going to stick you with any more bad players than normal.
    3) It's a completely separate queue. There will still be normal Blind and normal Draft. This is just a third mode to choose from.

My point was just that they shouldn't change the current solo/duo ranked to teambuilder ranked(which it sounds like they're considering), but rather make another seperate ranked teambuilder queue. Obviously there are things(like bans) that they "need" to solve first, but I'm sure they'll try to make ranked teambuilder a thing in the future.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    3) It's a completely separate queue. There will still be normal Blind and normal Draft. This is just a third mode to choose from.
    didn't read this anywhere..
    then it's k, just not gonna use it

why can you even get punished for leaving a ranked champ select.. like.. when you have someone that goes top first pick and then last two picks sion + yorick and screams top just to troll.. then you shouldn't rly be punished

anyway

Allow me to quote myself from another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    "Hi, Riot have made a new feature. I have never tried it, only seen a single screenshot of it and read about it. It's not gonna affect my normal or ranked games for now. Riot has data that suggests this is a good feature for the game. Now they want to test it on the PBE and later on Live servers to collect more data and ultimately decide if this feature is worth it. THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT! I'LL QUIT LOL!!"
    #StopBitchingPlease
    On top of that, you don't even know how it actually works. Talking about enforcing a meta, when it doesn't enforce anything.

All this bitching is pointless. Try it, test it, THEN figure out if it's good.

Historically, Riot has been amazing at creating large features, like this one, that just works and far exceeds expectations from players. Why should this be any different?

Personally, I'm not too sure about how I feel about it... But at least I'm not bitching about it, when I don't know how it will affect me as a player.

EDIT: Even the post above me proves you're whining about stuff you know nothing about. There's literally over 100 red posts on the subject. At the very least read them before whining. Damn.
    Last edited by Riboe; 2013-10-16 at 04:10 PM.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

10+ Year Old Account
    My point was just that they shouldn't change the current solo/duo ranked to teambuilder ranked(which it sounds like they're considering), but rather make another seperate ranked teambuilder queue. Obviously there are things(like bans) that they "need" to solve first, but I'm sure they'll try to make ranked teambuilder a thing in the future.
    Lyte clarified that later in the thread that it would get it's own adaptation, if they even do it.

Deleted
    I don't get the point of the whole team builder thing.

If someone trollpicks a significant amount, it's gonna impact his own winrate more than anyone else's. His MMR is going to tank and he is eventually going to play at a level where his trollpicks are acceptable. Sure, you get trollpickers in individual games no matter what your rating is but it hardly matters because 1 game shouldn't be a huge factor when calculating your MMR.

As a sidenote, I'm pretty sure teams giving up because someone trollpicks has lost more games than trollpicking.

The only reason I'd say it's even remotely positive is if you really want to play a specific champion and you won't settle for anything else but idk if that's worth a queue option.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2013-10-16 at 04:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    Allow me to quote myself from another thread:

On top of that, you don't even know how it actually works. Talking about enforcing a meta, when it doesn't enforce anything.

All this bitching is pointless. Try it, test it, THEN figure out if it's good.

Historically, Riot has been amazing at creating large features, like this one, that just works and far exceeds expectations from players. Why should this be any different?

Personally, I'm not too sure about how I feel about it... But at least I'm not bitching about it, when I don't know how it will affect me as a player.

EDIT: Even the post above me proves you're whining about stuff you know nothing about. There's literally over 100 red posts on the subject. At the very least read them before whining. Damn.
    you can't say you aren't gay unless you have tried it.. that's what you're saying

i can from what i read say i don't like the feature mostly because i don't like picking a role + champ when i start queue i've never liked those sorts of things and when i normally queue i first find out when i wanna play when i see my team and in the last second
    even giving me the choice to pick 10+ champs and let me pick one of those won't help, i just don't like the feature, might be that it's good for some, not me

10+ Year Old Account
    you can't say you aren't gay unless you have tried it.. that's what you're saying

i can from what i read say i don't like the feature mostly because i don't like picking a role + champ when i start queue i've never liked those sorts of things and when i normally queue i first find out when i wanna play when i see my team and in the last second
    even giving me the choice to pick 10+ champs and let me pick one of those won't help, i just don't like the feature, might be that it's good for some, not me
    You're spouting bullshit which clearly shows you haven't read at all what the thing does, is what Riboe is reacting to. If, in the meanwhile, you read up on it and decided it's not for you - that's fine. Giving stupid reasons why it may or not be a good thing when they're completely off-base is more than a bit insulting to the people who do come here informed about the topic they're discussing.

As to the first line... it's telling a great deal about yourself. And it isn't a painting a pretty picture.

IDK about it
    I will try it....and if the queue is too long I will quickly abandon it lol

It's the same thing as lfr, which is a good thing. I dont really see the point of arguing lol.

E: Dungeon finder would probably be more accurate.

you can't say you aren't gay unless you have tried it..
    Actually I can... See, I'm physically attracted by women and have been so my entire life. I'm not in the slightest attracted to men of any kind.

I find the thought of me having sex with another man repulsive.

Go educate yourself on the subjects you're talking about, before whining and spewing nonsense everywhere.

I'm not hating on homosexuals. Whatever floats your boat.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the Team Builder discussion:

I won't use it more than a couple of times, as I only play ranked and the occasional ARAM.

Should they expand it and create a separate ranked Team Builder queue, I'd be happy to increase my queue times tenfold, if it means I'm guaranteed to get mid.
    Then on the days that I don't wanna wait, I can use the regular ranked queue, at the risk of not getting mid.