10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Terrible champion no matter how you look at it.
    Then where's the Warwick buffs, and why isn't he at the bottom of the tiers? Because he's not terrible.

The average LoL player is bad at the game.
    No, the average LoL player is average at the game, that's what average means.

Considering I've fought my way through Silver to 99 LP in Silver 1 and I was on my way to Gold until two days ago when I broke my elbow, I know exactly how Silver and Bronze players think.
    Considering I've spent the majority of my time in Silver, I also know exactly how Bronze and Silver players think, and our anecdotal experiences are at complete odds with each other.

I'm just going to leave it at that.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    But there are plenty of junglers that do it better is the problem. Vi, Skarner, and Naut come to mind and are significantly more useful throughout the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Low skill floor, high skill cieling. I actually wish there were more champions like Lee in that regard. The game would be so much more interesting across the ranked tiers.
    Well, Vi transitioning into a healthy tank is big question, while her level 6 ganks are very good.

Nautilus' ult travel time makes it a total joke as ganking tool. You see it coming and you walk away from it to safety of your tower. However he is very good in late game as damage soak and CC bitch. Tho, if you can provide some CC to keep enemy out of his tower while Nautilus' ult gets its speed, his ganks are deadly indeed.

Skarner level 6 ganks are easily avoidable. He won't have big shield and to blow it up you need only 1 attack. Without shield he won't catch you (his E is not enough to get into ult distance), but if he gets you with ult, you are dead, there is no way you survive it without help.

WWs ganks don't need any preparation, all you need to succeed at ganking as WW, use your ult on enemy farther away from his tower in early game and on targets of interest in middle/late game. If your teammates will provide damage (in pub games everyone loves to provide damage instead of CC, that's why Alistar is not played much IMO) you will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Obviously, but attitude such "I'm pro because i play Lee" should be gone. I have more acknowledge for people playing Poppy top or Mao jungle than Lee.
    That, I agree with. Even if it takes a lot to be REALLY good at Lee Sin, it doesn't take much to be decent on him, and people who think they're pro because they're "decent" at him are just silly.

Low skill floor, high skill cieling. I actually wish there were more champions like Lee in that regard. The game would be so much more interesting across the ranked tiers.
    Yeah, I agree, but they've been lucky with Lee Sin so far. It could be very difficult to create another champion that has the same skill floor and cap as Lee, yet works differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post

Yeah, I agree, but they've been lucky with Lee Sin so far. It could be very difficult to create another champion that has the same skill floor and cap as Lee, yet works differently.
    And won't be frustrating to play against.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    And won't be frustrating to play against.
    That too.

Lemme show what me and Axethor mean by "low skill floor":

This is on my EUNE alt, where I've barely played at level 30. (Original aim was to have an account to see what Bronze V was like)

This is after I hadn't played Lee Sin for MONTHS, maybe even close to a year. I even had two GP5 quints. I just picked him up and did stuff, and it worked. That's Lee Sin in a nutshell.

They had two Plats and a Diamond on the other team btw, I left the account name in there so you can check if you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    This is an argument that resurfaces a lot in a lot of different video games, and there is never any clear answer.
    On one hand, you have characters/champions/heroes/weapons/whatever who are less powerful, or have less options. Beating straight superior characters with these lower ones denotes superior skill, think Ganondorf vs MK in SSBB or whatever else is shit tier vs god tier.
    On the other hand, those same characters who have a lot more options may require more input, more reflexion, and so on, compared to some of these other characters where you are inherently limited.

The argument has no true answer - I just find it amusing that it replicates in every video game.
    I get what you are saying, but it's more like being able to beat someone without using specials. If you play Garen, for example, you don't have that much to do, so you have to use "basics" of lol, movement, positioning, animation cancelling to beat people instead of relying on your QWER.

I find Yasuo being much harder to master than Lee due to nature of his skills. Other characters with "dull" skillsets (like Ziggs) are much harder to play not because they are weaker, but because they are less forgiving for failures (getting caught, getting hit, wasting resource by throwing skillshots on unreliable range and such).

At least that's how i judge gameplay, if character forgives you mistakes and gives you "get out of sticky situation" buttons (i hate flash and i think lol would be better balanced without it, but removing it will lead to huge rework on all characters), it's an easy to play character. Lee sin is one of these characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a decent Shaco player yet he's always relatively low on many people's tier list. Shaco isn't bad but for fuck sake's I'm starting to get sick of this clone coding, there are so many times it just doesn't listen it bothers me. I mean AP Shaco (which I've been playing a lot of recently mid lane in ranked) would actually work even better if that clone would listen. Riot honestly needs to get that fixed and it's been around for awhile and it's just a full retard move.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    So I picked up Vi again, not really sure why...

How is everyone building Lane Vi these days (yes I know she's better in jungle, but I hate Jungle and I like stomping Mid , I only really play Normals and ARAM) I usually just check LoL pro, but their Lane Vi guide hasn't been updated for Season 4 yet.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Another trynd skin, riot stahp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    How is everyone building Lane Vi these days (yes I know she's better in jungle, but I hate Jungle and I like stomping Mid , I only really play Normals and ARAM) I usually just check LoL pro, but their Lane Vi guide hasn't been updated for Season 4 yet.
    Doran's Shield, Tenacity boots, Black Cleaver to start.

I've not played her in ages to be honest....
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

so when are they nerfing evelynn? played few games with her and it's just one big pubstomp.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Maokai says hi. Amumu says hi. Nunu says hi.
    Maokai isn't really viable and neither is Nunu. Amumu doesn't get much play, but is good and I overlooked him.

Cho'gath isn't really a viable jungler and I thought Sejuani scaled off things other than AP primarily, like health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Maokai isn't really viable and neither is Nunu. Amumu doesn't get much play, but is good and I overlooked him.

Cho'gath isn't really a viable jungler and I thought Sejuani scaled off things other than AP primarily, like health.
    Are you kidding?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post

What weed have you been smoking, I'd like some and I don't even smoke weed.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    What weed have you been smoking, I'd like some and I don't even smoke weed.
    I really wish people would stop doing this here.

Maokai, Sej and Nunu rarely see play, Amumu's played more often. Cho's ult makes him a good jungler if you give him six minutes to stack up, but the current meta doesn't really allow for farming (apparently).
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I really wish people would stop doing this here.

Maokai, Sej and Nunu rarely see play, Amumu's played more often. Cho's ult makes him a good jungler if you give him six minutes to stack up, but the current meta doesn't really allow for farming (apparently).
    I play Maokai every now and then (more in premades). He's still just as good as he used to be and he works quite well, here's the thing, until a pro plays him he won't be meta. The meta is mostly defined by what pro players play, for all we know Soraka AD could be the meta in the next week (okay maybe not that but you get my point). There are over 100 champions so all it takes is a pro to play a champion and do well for it to be popular. I said Fizz was a fantastic champion well before he was played by pro's and guess what, everyone shunned me and said I was wrong. A few weeks later I think Froggen plays him and dominates. "FIZZ SO OP, MUST BAN!", I proceed to facepalm.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    They're viable, but not strong and outclassed.
    Mao and Nunu is not outclassed in any way, there is not opther character than has similar use as Mao or Nunu. Mao deals tonn of burst damage and makes your team very tanky, he is very hard to take down in teamfights if he is in melee with something to hit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    I play Maokai every now and then (more in premades). He's still just as good as he used to be and he works quite well, here's the thing, until a pro plays him he won't be meta.
    I can kinda agree with this, with Kass being at the top of the pile forever, and I really want a meta shift for S4.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Nunu is played atm in competitive, IDK what you guys have been watching.

Sure, not Elise/Lee/Vi tier, but he's up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, regarding meta...

Right now I'm watching a GPL game (AZB TPA vs AZB TPS), which has Nunu jungle and Lulu 'ADC' (well, AP with Lichbane). Good think Garena is mostly overlooked so it won't trickle down to solo queue.

//edit: Nunu isn't brought to counter jungle. That's what he excels at, but it's not why top tier teams are currently bringing him. He still has exceptional objective control with Consume and Smite and, most importantly, he makes Caitlyn have not-shit late game DPS.