IE is expensive for a good reason, it's a scaling item. AD scales with crit and scales with AS, the more of each you have the more the AD is worth. If you have low AD then AS isn't worth as much, that's why the current builds for most Marksman is BT > LW, so that you have a good amount of AD for damage, you have some sustain and you have the ArP you need. Then you bring in the items that scale you into late game, if you don't buy the IE you don't have the scaling for late game.

And you don't build Botrk for the use on it as an AD, you build it for the HP damage that it offers per hit. If you are going an AS build then Botrk is miles above BT on damage, if you go BT you will need an IE, as the AD on it requires crit and AS for scaling, and the 250% crit damage from IE is huge at that point.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Infinity_Edge

Maths on the item their, the passive only needs to be worth 30g for the item to be cost effective. The passive is worth a lot more than 30g.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    As for IE, I don't think it's worth the 3800 gold.
    I agree that it's incredibly expensive, however, that AD is worth 2520G, the crit chance 1250G, and the crit damage is worth between 625G (0% Crit base, average AA damage multiplier is 1.25x with IE without crit mod, average AA damage multiplier is 1.375x with the crit mod, which is effectively 12.50% crit chance), or 2500G (75% crit base, average AA damage multiplier is 2x with IE without crit mod, average AA damage multiplier is 2.5x with the crit mod, which is effectively 50% crit chance), making it between 115 and 165% gold efficient.

However (as mentioned above) if you're a caster AD (which Varus/Graves is) it has less value for you as you AA less, but (as mentioned above) Varus/Graves aren't popular right now (7.23%/4.78%, against Cait's 37.35%, Jinx's 28.75%, Lucian's 20.25%, and so on) and they aren't winning as much (49.2%/48.65%, Sivir and Draven in the 53s%, Jinx/Ashe in the 51s%).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    The passive is worth a lot more than 30g.
    Passive is worth between 625G and 2500G if you're an ADC.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't. It boosts her passive. It speeds up the headshots, which is the only reason it's remotely decent on Caitlyn. Still worse than pretty much any other choice though.

So I am leveling up a new account, and is it worth it to buy a 50 EXP win boost at lvl 22? Or will I get ot 30 before using it up?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    if you're a caster AD
    If you don't attack on AD characters you are doing it wrong. The few attacks you make with abilities may change what you build first, but you will never move away from attacking things and for that you take the stuff.

If Hurricane can hit both secondary targets it's the best thing against bleeding (giving about 400-500hp/s regeneration). Given the fact that the most people die to strong all ins instead, it rarely helps one to win. Still does not mean it's good or bad.

Deleted
    It's fun on Varus if you're stupidly fed as well :P

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't see the point of IE, stay the hell away from AD Carries. It's that simple. That includes Tryndamere or Yi.

Elise nerf expected but skill shot stun duration nerf (early game)??? omg why T.T

its a skillshot though :/
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    If you don't see the point of IE, stay the hell away from AD Carries. It's that simple. That includes Tryndamere or Yi.
    I see the point (and I build it late on a few, including Trynd), but I feel like the other, less expensive items are more important in soloqueue. There is no guarantee that you will really get to a point where your IE investment is paying off. BT/BoRK are necessary because you need lifesteal. LW is almost necessary because of the tank meta. SS/PD is almost necessary because they are cheap, give crit and move speed. After that, you're probably around the 25-30 minute mark and 90% of the time a soloqueue game is basically decided.

If you're playing a late game hypercarry (Trynd, Jinx, Vayne, Yi to an extent), you can afford to spend the gold on it because you are there to swing a game after the 30 minute or so mark. Caitlyn is a monster early and you want to win early. I think the other items have a better effect in soloqueue than IE does for her.
    Last edited by Drikkink; 2014-03-04 at 10:42 PM.

You don't get IE early, you get it late, after BT, LW, and SS, at which point it's absolutely worth it. Not much else to get at that point anyway. Except another BT I guess?
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Hurricane is a very situational item but it's not bad at all on some certain champions. Generally I'd only get it on Teemo or Kog'Maw, but I'd consider it mandatory on those champions (since the shroom nerf especially). It's also not bad at all on most other ADC's, it's just most would prefer another Dancer or something over it, as with an ADC your aim isn't to get as much aoe damage as possible, but focus down targets fast and move onto the next. Still, with certain champions with on-hit effects, accept no subtitute.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    You don't get IE early, you get it late, after BT, LW, and SS, at which point it's absolutely worth it. Not much else to get at that point anyway. Except another BT I guess?
    That's my point. It's really rare to get it very fast and by the time you get to wanting it, you will usually be going for defensive items. I normally go BT>SS/PD>LW>GA>IE if I'm not doing a pure AS build.

Anyway, the consensus build on Lulu seems to be Athenes>Lich Bane. What do you think about Nashor's Tooth for a mid Lulu now? It was always core on her when you went with the sorta-troll on-hit Lulu build, but no one seems to get it anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Lulu mid only works because of the stupid burst from a Lichbane. She's not there for the DPS.

If someone pulls out a rare champion in LCS and the likes, it's commonly because they work very with items that are currently overtuned, or they just counter specific champions completely, or sometimes both.

That while the player has been practicing those champion/item/strategy combinations a lot, because it's their job. Or they might just be very familiar with that champion.

Most of the time, it's much safer to just play the current meta champions that are much less situational, especially for people who aren't that good. No offense.

Now, if you just want to have fun and not care about winning that much, that's another story.
    Last edited by NotValidAnymore; 2014-03-05 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Now, if you just want to have fun and not care about winning that much, that's another story.
    And thats why normals are around. Ive made the mistake of picking someone I had no experience with in ranked this season and it was a sad sight. Won the game because everybody else did their job, I couldnt do a damn thing

Lulu mid is basically a glorified support in the mid lane. She is unlikely to lose her lane if she plays well, but is equally unlikely to win it. She's a great support, mind, especially in midlane. But that's all she is, a support. If you want a Lulu, better to place her in bot lane where she belongs and give mid to someone who can actually do some damage.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Lulu mid is basically a glorified support in the mid lane. She is unlikely to lose her lane if she plays well, but is equally unlikely to win it. She's a great support, mind, especially in midlane. But that's all she is, a support. If you want a Lulu, better to place her in bot lane where she belongs and give mid to someone who can actually do some damage.
    lulu mid right now is oriana in season 3

lulu just has so much kit around her (slow/speed up)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    lulu mid right now is oriana in season 3

lulu just has so much kit around her (slow/speed up)
    Lulu doesn't have the burst that Ori has though. She's more AP damage with the awesome ult that is great depending on who's in the comp (Wukong is an example).
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    If you don't attack on AD characters you are doing it wrong.
    You misunderstand, all AD characters AA, some just do it a hell of a lot more than others and may not benefit from the crit chance as much.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

That feel when you convince your team to not ban Nasus because you can deal with him.
    That feel when they instalock first pick Nasus.
    That feel when you start the game 7/1 as Jax, able to 1v2 tower dive Nasus and Eve.