Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Can I go one ARAM without a Gragas? Please?
    Are you implying hes problematic or just saying you see him a lot. Cause if its the former I can name a ton more champions Id rather not see than Gragas in ARAM

10+ Year Old Account
    While i played support a lot, support really don't make game
    A great support can be shut down easily with good jungler who knows how to gank, if I'd give credit to most important role in game, it will be to either jungler or mid, both can be threat to any lane when needed, a good mid can make both top and bot afraid of push since they can come anytime, and jungler the same

Then you haven't met any good support players.

It's hard to base facts on Bronze/Silver games, because there's a lot of people who wants to be the one getting kills, and no one wants to be the guy who soaks damage or supports the team. I'm not saying it's not like that higher up too, there's just a higher amount of people who realize you can't be the "team star" up there.

To quote my good friend Rucks... "Nobody likes to play support, yet everybody likes to win."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just play morgana support win lane become the mid laner crush noobs with cc immunity 3 second snare

Karma > Morgana!

Karma lane is pretty strong right now and well worth picking up and practicing.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Most my matches I play support/tank, i rarely play to kill, my k/d ratio is actually in negative since i prefer to tank/heal than dps any day (i come from wow and i spent most my days tank/healer), it is actually my biggest point i hated in dota, i tank first 20min, die a few, then our "dps" become more tankier and dmg dealer than me, nice system dota, die and lose 50% of ur gold -.-
    2) Unless u get teleport 9which has 270cd), u won't be as effective as a mid laner who can gank top or bot easily, or jungler, support power is limited to both his lane and his teammate, yeah i rarely see a mid who roam, but saw lux who saved game before because each time enemy push lane (top or bot), she come and gank, before min 10, enemy stopped pushing and hugged tower
    I don't say support is crap, 50% of my matches are support (mainly Thresh, then Leona/Lulu), what i say that a good mid/jungler can effectively shut down any attempt to control bot lane, unless we play a full offensive team and each lane is pushing, then jungler can't stop all, and/or mid can't roam either from push

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Karma > Morgana!

Karma lane is pretty strong right now and well worth picking up and practicing.
    Yep, Karma is amazing.

Are you realy saying that support cant carry a game in low silver/high bronze? You can carry that semi-afk realy.
    I carryed my self out of Bronze as support, mainly Thresh, Leona, Annie or Karma. Then I picked up Top aswell, so cant say I carried the whole way to Silver 1 (Where I am now) as support, but is it doable - hell yes.
    The thing is when you want to carry as support, the thing is to watch the map, make pings to alert your team, keep time of buffs/dragon/baron, have good ward positions and roam. Yes, roam! After you've given your ADC a good lead, feel free to roam, but only if your adc feel safe (farming under turret/having good vision so he wont be ganked). And ALWAYS follow their support if he decide to go mid, gooo!

In teamfights, be the initiator/disengager, make some plays (Flash Tibbers/hook/somethingflashy), get a couple of them in some CC and watch your team oblirate them because you, as a support, made it happen.
    Now on the other side, support isnt the easiest to carry with (I believe that is jungle as of now), if your team is rather retarded and cant follow up on pings etc, then you are bound to lose as you cant go in and solo a team 1v5. But it is absolutely doable.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    I'm actually wondering how boned some people would be in solo-Q, if Thresh and Leona were both banned.
    They pick blitzcrank

Quote Originally Posted by gildra View Post
    They pick blitzcrank
    If my team needs a tank I go Taric, if not I usualy just go with a poky mage. But yeah, I see the poblem with most people who only knows Thresh and Leona as supports.

I personaly hate Blitzcrank, never liked that champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Are you implying hes problematic or just saying you see him a lot. Cause if its the former I can name a ton more champions Id rather not see than Gragas in ARAM
    He's incredibly problematic.

1. High base damage, minion piercing AOE poke
    2. Mobility ability
    3. Low CD disruption with high AOE damage
    4. mana and health sustain
    5. Very tanky for a mage
    6. incredible scaling
    7. unstoppable waveclear

Ziggs and Lux have most of that, but are squishy. Nidalee has no real waveclear.

Gragas has all the positives of a poke champion with none of the downsides.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    He's incredibly problematic.

1. High base damage, minion piercing AOE poke
    2. Mobility ability
    3. Low CD disruption with high AOE damage
    4. mana and health sustain
    5. Very tanky for a mage
    6. incredible scaling
    7. unstoppable waveclear

Ziggs and Lux have most of that, but are squishy. Nidalee has no real waveclear.

Gragas has all the positives of a poke champion with none of the downsides.
    He has melee AA range, making that + his E almost unusable for damage only giving him 1 consistant source all while that source has a high base CD. Hes good for sure but Id much rather face him than Nidalee, Sona, Ziggs, Lux, Varus, Kogmaw, Ezreal. Could make cases for more

randomly played Ryze today.
    Learned I own Triumphant Ryze for no reason!
    http://i.imgur.com/QPWXNyO.jpg
    (pic too big)

Emailed rito to ask what tournament I won to get this; cause I don't even know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't play in bronze since ages, i'm stuck in silver since last year
    Anyway, u talk about special cases, special cases like match i saw with jungle soraka won (btw she never ganked.. it was really her team lane were strong and she ulti-healed when needed
    Since my current hobby since a while watch LoL matches while eat/before sleep, i watched lot of diamond matches, from what I saw, annoyingly, diamond ppl aren't that skilled, just lucky
    Saw games with feeders with revive+ teleport and over 10 death
    Saw games with ppl don't leave, but stop leaving base (probably flame, u can't see chat)
    Saw games with trollers
    Saw game with annie running to middle with boots of mobility and phantom dancer
    So while some games may have that amazing blitzcrank who never miss his Q
    The one who control field most, is the jungler or the mid

- - - Updated - - -

I thought LoL client problems is related to my pc, seems that RIOT need to works a lot more on fixing bugs, than release new champs/skins

Deleted
    Love to see how support is once more considered a 'useless' role. Sometimes I do wonder if you people are even playing the same game.

10+ Year Old Account
    IT seems u assumed that i said that any role except mid and jungler is useless, why did u pick support specific not sure, i didn't say that either top or adc are that important as mid/jungler too btw
    I talk here from pure strategic pov, the person who has most mobility to both top/bot lane (and of course mid too) is the mid/jungler, they can when needed move to any lane fast to help/gank it, or u think that support can help top lane faster than mid?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    IT seems u assumed that i said that any role except mid and jungler is useless, why did u pick support specific not sure, i didn't say that either top or adc are that important as mid/jungler too btw
    I talk here from pure strategic pov, the person who has most mobility to both top/bot lane (and of course mid too) is the mid/jungler, they can when needed move to any lane fast to help/gank it, or u think that support can help top lane faster than mid?
    Being able to be in more lanes doesn't mean you have more impact on the game at all. But I guess a mid/jungler is as good as a support when it comes to peeling or initiating and cc'ing the crap out of people. Or with AP supports pretty much out damaging your carries. But when you say things like "supports can easily be shut down by enemy junglers", I don't think you have the slightest clue of what a support can do.

Deleted
    For top Ryze, it's better to go 9/0/21 or 0/15/15?
    Also ignite/flash, tele/flash?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not still go 21/9? You're going to be tanky as hell because of your build anyway. That said, I've seen a bunch of different mastery setups for Ryze, including 0/9/21 and 6/21/3.

I'd say that Flash Ignite vs Tele depends on Match up / Team setup.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2014-03-30 at 11:09 AM. Reason: //edit: d'oh