Deleted
    I don't know, it's just that a lot of people seem to say that crd/mana regen from Utility tree is more useful than Offensive tree masteries.
    But his damage early game seems to be quite low anyways, so that's why I'm not really sure here.

I thought the reason you went Utility on Ryze was to boost his mana, mobility, income and other things, since he gets very little benefit from running full Offense in comparison. Plus it helps him get his items faster.

Then again, I have very little experience with him. Though he's one of the best examples I know where smartcast is extremely helpful, since it allows him to throw his combo a lot faster.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    don't know, it's just that a lot of peope seem to say that crd/mana regen from Utility tree is more useful than Offensive tree masteries.
    But his damage early game seems to be quite low anyways, so that's why I'm not really sure here.
    21/9 with ignite. U play ryze top cuz he destroys the fotm top picks like renek shyv trundle. Basically any melee bruiser ryze will dismantle. You dont need mana regen talents because tear and roa give you enough already. Cdr isnt relly needed either because of hos passive. If ur facing someone with a gap closer dont use w till they gap.
    Try to get e on them first for the mr shred when ur bursting. If they turn it into a farm lane you win regardless because ryze damage late lol. If they build damage u straight up beat them 1v1 if they build mr they cant kill you so you end up farming up regardless and can prob will kill them. Just donr die to early ganks and the game is all but over once seraphs is done!

Sorry phone is awful for this lol. 21/9 gives u enough damage to kill rhem without big items. The difference in mana regen and all utility gains arent good enough to justify the raw damage dropoff. (Just my opinion I know wingsofdeath runs utility and nein does offense)
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-03-30 at 04:45 PM.

Deleted
    You run utility Masteries a) because Ryze's damage is already insanely high, 2) he NEEDS mobility aswell as Sustain & Mana for laning, you can get 10% CDR from going atleast 19 in to the utility tree & 4 in the offensive which means he can max CDR from just a Frozen Heart. You also gain things that help in the long run, like increased Blue duration, gold income if you spec in to it (I personally don't since it gives you no gold if you're last hitting everything), reduced summoners CD which is required if you're initiating fights with a flash prison etc.

On top of that, you build almost no AP as Ryze and his ratios are shit anyway, so most of the offensive masteries are essentially useless.

I personally would run 6/0/19 and use the last points where you think they're best put, picking double edged sword, CDR and exposed weakness (EW actually works on your spell damage despite it stating otherwise.)

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    I didn't play in bronze since ages, i'm stuck in silver since last year
    Anyway, u talk about special cases, special cases like match i saw with jungle soraka won (btw she never ganked.. it was really her team lane were strong and she ulti-healed when needed
    Since my current hobby since a while watch LoL matches while eat/before sleep, i watched lot of diamond matches, from what I saw, annoyingly, diamond ppl aren't that skilled, just lucky
    Saw games with feeders with revive+ teleport and over 10 death
    Saw games with ppl don't leave, but stop leaving base (probably flame, u can't see chat)
    Saw games with trollers
    Saw game with annie running to middle with boots of mobility and phantom dancer
    So while some games may have that amazing blitzcrank who never miss his Q
    The one who control field most, is the jungler or the mid

- - - Updated - - -

I thought LoL client problems is related to my pc, seems that RIOT need to works a lot more on fixing bugs, than release new champs/skins
    1st - I assume you're watching the matches shown in the LoL client? Try to find some youtubers/twitch people you can follow and see what they do insted, as that is mostly not troll games.

2nd - Helping your toplane, not quite sure why you would say a support should move up there to help, as their support would be just as slow to do so, so yeah. But as I said earlier - follow their support, or start rotating as support when you get your ADC fed enough to survive by him self (just put out wards to help him out).

3rd - I would actually go as long and say that Support can carry harder than ADC now, adcs are mostly there to push down turrets faster (Thats why the meta is Lucian etc, more turret dmg), and not doing massive dmg in teamfights, dont get me wrong though, having a adc who manage to chunck out alot of dmg in a teamfight will help you alot. But having an assisin mid or jungle to one combo their APC/ADC is even better, imo. Back to what I was saying - supports can carry harder than ADC now because they got CC/burst/survability/initation/disengage (Depends who you pick, but pretty much atleast two of those two), and a good initiation where a support can pick out their ADC/APC in a CC chain is a game won in most cases. While an ADC have to wait for something to happen before he goes in, because he cant go in alone, he will be decimated in two seconds if he does. He need to wait for their tank to go in first, then when he feel safe enough he can go in, trow out some pokes and run again, because most of the enemy team will chase him down.

4th - In Bronze/silver, any lane/role can carry, just get good enough at it to be honest.

(P.S These are all my observations from my games played, and/or from watching mostly LCS and some streamers)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadwraith View Post
    You run utility Masteries a) because Ryze's damage is already insanely high, 2) he NEEDS mobility aswell as Sustain & Mana for laning, you can get 10% CDR from going atleast 19 in to the utility tree & 4 in the offensive which means he can max CDR from just a Frozen Heart. You also gain things that help in the long run, like increased Blue duration, gold income if you spec in to it (I personally don't since it gives you no gold if you're last hitting everything), reduced summoners CD which is required if you're initiating fights with a flash prison etc.

On top of that, you build almost no AP as Ryze and his ratios are shit anyway, so most of the offensive masteries are essentially useless.

I personally would run 6/0/19 and use the last points where you think they're best put, picking double edged sword, CDR and exposed weakness (EW actually works on your spell damage despite it stating otherwise.)
    Yea id run 9/0/21. I havent done any math but Im sure the 5% mana/CDR are close to if not better than the AP/Dmg/Magic Pen/Executioner skills in offense in terms of damage. This isnt even accounting for the increased Movement speed which on Ryze is very important to get him in range to unload his combo.
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2014-03-31 at 02:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes i watch games from the lol client, and they are (or should be?) also diamonds players, there are some amazing games that until min 30 u have no idea who will win, but there are also games where the mid just disconnect at min 15 and leave game, just yesterday saw game where both mid and bot disconnected (probably flaming reasons) and left game
    i saw leesin ward jump smite to q enemy adc in silver, what i say is the skill i saw in diamond, i saw the same in silver, so that's why i said diamond just had luck on promotion
    As for Ryze, while i don't like play him, I agree that utility tree is much more useful for him late game, since he is better as tanky mage than squishy burst, and usually when Ryze go squishy burst way he dies before he dash enough dmg

- - - Updated - - -

A weird bug, where i got kicked out of select menu, because i didn't select champ, before my role even came ? and got 5min penalty
    Anyone saw that bug before ?

what i say is the skill i saw in diamond, i saw the same in silver, so that's why i said diamond just had luck on promotion
    I kinda see what youre saying but I definitely disagree with it. In terms of pure "skill" meaning just the mechanics of a champion, there usually isnt much difference between higher and middle level players, so Im with you there. A silver Brand can usually do the same combo that a diamond Brand just pulled off (generally just at lower success rate). The major difference is higher level players know what it takes to win, when to push objectives, when to back out, where to ward, when to intiate etc. A lot of silver and lower players/teams will get advantage and then do nothing with it, allowing their opponent back in the game. They also dont capitalize on opponent mistakes, like punishing a Lux for missing her snare. This is where I notice larger differences, and Im definitely not diamond but even from the smaller jump from S5 to G3 I notice the difference, so I dont buy for a second a players league is simply "luck" from promos.

Deleted
    TP Sona!

Yes i watch games from the lol client, and they are (or should be?) also diamonds players, there are some amazing games that until min 30 u have no idea who will win, but there are also games where the mid just disconnect at min 15 and leave game, just yesterday saw game where both mid and bot disconnected (probably flaming reasons) and left game
    i saw leesin ward jump smite to q enemy adc in silver, what i say is the skill i saw in diamond, i saw the same in silver, so that's why i said diamond just had luck on promotion
    As for Ryze, while i don't like play him, I agree that utility tree is much more useful for him late game, since he is better as tanky mage than squishy burst, and usually when Ryze go squishy burst way he dies before he dash enough dmg

- - - Updated - - -

A weird bug, where i got kicked out of select menu, because i didn't select champ, before my role even came ? and got 5min penalty
    Anyone saw that bug before ?
    Are you realy saying that people in Diamond just got lucky with their promotion games? Then theoreticly, everyone in Bronze, Silver and Gold should also be in Diamond, as everyone got the same luck percentage.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Are you realy saying that people in Diamond just got lucky with their promotion games? Then theoreticly, everyone in Bronze, Silver and Gold should also be in Diamond, as everyone got the same luck percentage.
    Looks like someone skipped math class, when they were learning probability theory.

people who got into Diamond (majority of them) got extremely lucky with their promo games. I couldn't progress through silver II for fucking entire season, because i've got ~26 promo games lost due to leavers and midorfeeders. When season started, i've got into silver 5, won first promo, got into silver 3, next promo won and have got into silver 2, and stuck here for fucking entire time. I'm so happy that i'm in silver 1 now, and i'm not even a bad player, looking at some of my friends who got to diamond/plat/gold, and realizing that some of them don't know how fucking Zeds ult works or that Namis passive MS boost work with her ultimate (and this one come from a plat player who mained Nami since her release), i ask myself, how did these people got into their leagues? Why am i not among them? Why when we play normal games, i am the one who have to coordinate everyone, ping spam that enemy is going to fucking obliterate them and they ask me what to fucking build on their characters? Am i a horrible person and deserved getting stuck in silver 2 for entire season? Nope, it's pure fucking bad luck. Like some people get lucky and get easy way to diamond, i've got lucky to get stuck here.

Oh, and about Ryse, getting 10% CDR is much better than anything else you can get on him IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    people who got into Diamond (majority of them) got extremely lucky with their promo games. I couldn't progress through silver II for fucking entire season, because i've got ~26 promo games lost due to leavers and midorfeeders. When season started, i've got into silver 5, won first promo, got into silver 3, next promo won and have got into silver 2, and stuck here for fucking entire time. I'm so happy that i'm in silver 1 now, and i'm not even a bad player, looking at some of my friends who got to diamond/plat/gold, and realizing that some of them don't know how fucking Zeds ult works or that Namis passive MS boost work with her ultimate (and this one come from a plat player who mained Nami since her release), i ask myself, how did these people got into their leagues? Why am i not among them? Why when we play normal games, i am the one who have to coordinate everyone, ping spam that enemy is going to fucking obliterate them and they ask me what to fucking build on their characters? Am i a horrible person and deserved getting stuck in silver 2 for entire season? Nope, it's pure fucking bad luck. Like some people get lucky and get easy way to diamond, i've got lucky to get stuck here.
    You really don't need to know all that much about champion abilities, items or runes/masteries to win games. I mean, I hardly know anything about any of those... Still, I get matched with and especially against a lot of plats and diamonds in normals and win more games than I lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Looks like someone skipped math class, when they were learning probability theory.

Oh, and about Ryse, getting 10% CDR is much better than anything else you can get on him IMO.
    Carry harder then. Thats all there is to it, if you look at the streamers when they are playing a smurf from bronze-diamond or what ever, they win like 9 of 10 games, are they just lucky all the time? Or do they actually play good, and not just say they do?

I am my self a Silver 1 player, some people have said I play like a high Gold player, and that may be the truth, but I am not good enough to carry the game, therfor I am not good enough for high Gold as of yet. Its realy simple, the first step to climb is to see your own mistakes, and ignore your teams mistakes. Learn from your own playstyle, then start to carry.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah im unlucky too cant win my challenger promos if I was lucky id be a pro player!!!

Bullshit, luck exist, but not to determine if you're gold or diamond. Example: I have a diamond 1 friend who was over here with me. He wanted to play and just played on my account. He went 0/5 in lane vs their adc, yet he still had more farm and in the end he ended up 12/5 because he knew that even though he fed the lane so much and fucked up, the skill difference between a gold player and a diamond player is so high that it didn't matter in the end. He won that game by pushing bot all game and playing his way and his farming compared to others was insane. I do believe that luck has some role to play, if you get like leavers in your promos then thats bad luck, but you should be able to carry games if you're that good as well with just baddies. Everyone here has won 4v5 games as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Carry harder then. Thats all there is to it, if you look at the streamers when they are playing a smurf from bronze-diamond or what ever, they win like 9 of 10 games, are they just lucky all the time? Or do they actually play good, and not just say they do?

I am my self a Silver 1 player, some people have said I play like a high Gold player, and that may be the truth, but I am not good enough to carry the game, therfor I am not good enough for high Gold as of yet. Its realy simple, the first step to climb is to see your own mistakes, and ignore your teams mistakes. Learn from your own playstyle, then start to carry.
    And, literally, can't carry games when we are 3 vs 5 players
    because streamers are your awerage 95% diamond player, right. Nope, they are probably that good, but majority just got lucky

Deleted
    SO, who has seen the s3 worlds throwback video and Zed skin? For me it's an instabuy. One of my fav champs plus the Gypsy Danger look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SToneGolemmm View Post
    You really don't need to know all that much about champion abilities, items or runes/masteries to win games. I mean, I hardly know anything about any of those... Still, I get matched with and especially against a lot of plats and diamonds in normals and win more games than I lose.
    Well, i agree, but it's infuriating to see people not knowing their main character advanced mechanics, and they are rated higher than me and brag about it.

Toxic people and leavers, that's why i lose majority of games. People tend to flame at each other, distracting them to chat from game, forcing them to make even MORE mistakes when first ones already made and we have to climb out of this, instead they flame in chat, lose last hits, expose themselves to ganks and pay no attention to the game.

Normals are different thing. I don't remember playing normal games in solo, i always queue with 4 people. And yes, we lose, but that's because we get outplayed, and outplaying opponent happens not that often in solo queue. Last time i've played Twitch, we've "lost bot" by words of our top player, he yelled "uninstall", "go play farmvile" and "sell your skin", "lol tower at 12 minute noobs" bullshit, while we had 0 deaths, 1 kill, and i had 40 more creeps than enemy ADC. We lost tower because there was 4 people on bot and our jungler was afk on base for last 4 minutes, mid laner got wrecked and top laner didn't cared at all. I've still managed to get farm from mid, bot and jungle, got my BT, IE and Hurricane and we've won because all we needed is cannon fodder to held enemy from me while i can shoot their asses up. As soon as we get ace, i had no problems with taking inhibitor. 2 teamfighst, -2 inhibitors, enemy had two people "yolo baron"-ing (aka "omg they are taking baron!", run in while their base is wrecked by megacreeps, half of their team is defending, and they try to win a teamights while being overwhelmed in numbers and while having less items than enemy), so we had all buffs, and enemy had two defenders less.
    But more often, these 4 minute afk guy impacts game much harder and we lose because enemy Xcarry got two towers, 2 kills, tons of farm and he is snowball-high impact champion and we can't shut him down or outfarm because he is good enough to not get baited or overextend.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Russian friend, I know your pain. Unfortunately shit happens and the way I see it, I don't worry about rising to much because I know I'll make it eventually, just keep playing man, you will make it.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Matching making is not all luck. Just look at the Platinum vs Silver chat room and play a few games there. Silver players almost never win, because they are against Plat + who are clearly better than them. It's not just about mechanics, it's about decision making as well. You can be the best Lee Sin player in the world mechanically, but if you lack the decision making to play the game at a higher level you probably won't make it higher than Gold, maybe low Platinum.

I am currently in Silver. I did some practice 1v1 matches against Isrozzis, who is Platinum, to learn lane flow, control, and matchups. With the exception of one game, I got beat pretty hard. And it was expected. I am not at the level yet, though with a lot more practice I could be eventually.

Most players are at there rank for a reason. As Bronze, you need a lot more of both sides of the skill coin. Silver players usually lack in one side or the other, though if your mechanical skills are top notch you can usually carry your way to Gold. After Silver it is mostly about your decision making with much smaller increases in mechanical skill. Both still play a role, but the mechanical side is much less noticeable, unless your comparing to someone like Faker.