Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Did I miss something ? Did they buff Tristana ? Why 4 of 5 games have tristana these days ?
    Because she's one of the best adc's atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Because she's one of the best adc's atm.
    And has been for a couple of months now >_> she's a late game hyper carry. All you gotta do is get past the mid game slump and you can wreck pretty much anyone thanks to the changes to some of the items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Yeah Tristana have been the ADC to play this season, and if you watched some LCS you'd notice she is almost a pick or ban option. (Though Maokai is more favored now).

For the "learn one lane and master it" thing, do it! Or even better, pick a champion you can play in jungle/top and/or mid, and master the champion and not the lane. This way you can play 2-3 roles, and just be really good about it.
    Me my self have decided to main Jayce top (NO one in high silver/low gold know how to play against him), and Pantheon in mid/top(If I dont feel like playing Jayce)/jungle, I also sometimes pick Vi, but she is getting some bans lately.
    Bot I main Thresh, and Thresh only (If forced I pick like Morgana or Karma), and as ADC I go with the safe pick of Tristana.

So all in all, I got like 3 champions I main, and some extras incase needed. (I also can play a bunch more, but those I got like below 10 games with).

TL: DR - Main a champion you can pick up in different lanes/jungle. Get godlike at it, and climb the ladder!

Also when you get into a game, try to say "I'd prefer top lane, but can also play jungle." sometimes you are teamed up with nice people that let you get the role! But never ever lose the lane if you do that, then the flaming starts
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Also, don't underestimate the support role, you can still carry. Thresh or even Blitz can be deadly especially if you know when to engage (some people with fear the hook WAY too much, very easy to zone them)

Thresh is still crazy viable after the nerfs? OH THE SURPRISE.

Also, Leona gets an honorable mention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't underestimate Taric. Ever. 4 second CD on 600 heal if he has mana and in melee (and half of this time you are stunned), it's just sick. So many Zeds fallen victim of Tarics fabulosity.

Also, someone wasted post #44444
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Yeah Tristana have been the ADC to play this season, and if you watched some LCS you'd notice she is almost a pick or ban option. (Though Maokai is more favored now).

For the "learn one lane and master it" thing, do it! Or even better, pick a champion you can play in jungle/top and/or mid, and master the champion and not the lane. This way you can play 2-3 roles, and just be really good about it.
    Me my self have decided to main Jayce top (NO one in high silver/low gold know how to play against him), and Pantheon in mid/top(If I dont feel like playing Jayce)/jungle, I also sometimes pick Vi, but she is getting some bans lately.
    Bot I main Thresh, and Thresh only (If forced I pick like Morgana or Karma), and as ADC I go with the safe pick of Tristana.

So all in all, I got like 3 champions I main, and some extras incase needed. (I also can play a bunch more, but those I got like below 10 games with).

TL: DR - Main a champion you can pick up in different lanes/jungle. Get godlike at it, and climb the ladder!

Also when you get into a game, try to say "I'd prefer top lane, but can also play jungle." sometimes you are teamed up with nice people that let you get the role! But never ever lose the lane if you do that, then the flaming starts
    This guy gets it.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account

You need to pick high impact hero if you are going to play 1 hero, someone like Syndra, Shaco, Lee, not Urgot, Taric, or Sion
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-08-25 at 01:54 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Damn, I just wish we had a Rocket Raccoon ADC... would be cool. Just sayin'

"Ain't no thing like me, except me!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StNimrod View Post
    Damn, I just wish we had a Rocket Raccoon ADC... would be cool. Just sayin'

"Ain't no thing like me, except me!"
    Isn't Jinx already fulfills his role? And you can always switch to marvel heroes, he is already there for quite of time. And i don't like that rocket raccoon is mainstream now *hipsterface*

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You need to pick high impact hero if you are going to play 1 hero, someone like Syndra, Shaco, Lee, not Urgot, Taric, or Sion
    Ever played against a Jayce that knows how he works? I can literally take 50% of their ADC/APC in one Q-E combo, then jump in and finish them off with a E-Q hammer combo. Or I take their blue when ever its up, and I see their jungler is like bot or something stupid. Then I decimate their top lane with a bunch of Q harass, also I do this when teamfights/ARAM mode in mid starts, poke everyone down to like sub-50% in no time, and the teamfight is easy peasy. Also I wreck those turrets down if I decide to just splitpush.
    Atleast I get fed every game as Jayce, and I just picked him up (got 15 games as him), got a lot to learn and still no one knows how to counter me. I think I got 2 games with him I wasnt full build rather fast, and that was because their team /FF somewhere between 20-30minute mark.

So yeah - define "high impact".

But yeah you got a point, no need to main a champion that falls of incredibly, or just got a really weak kit.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Jayce is one trick pony, all he (viably) can do, is Q spam until someone is low. Against characters with innate mobility, regen and/or defense (Shen, Mundo, Gnar, Quinn, Nida) he is quite "meh". Building him tanky is an option but it's not great way to get ahead of your enemy. Getting 300 AD early is great, but it doesn't happen very often, and you are just glass canon that depends on your team getting beating for you.

I've played against Jayce that know how he works, and have beaten these players. And have been beaten by them, now i do know that my favorite Rene won't work against Jayce very often, while my Urgot and Quinn is quite good at playing against non-tank Jayce.

High impact champion is a champion that can easily snowball to the sky (Syndra, Ziggs, Jayce, Mao, Lucy, Fizz), snowball his teammates (Amumu, Malphite, J4, Leona), help with getting early advantage in form of buffs, dragon, towers (WW, Aatrox, Udyr, Rengar), or everything above (Shaco, Vi, Lee). I'm not saying that these champions are the only way to climb up, but these are very good choice if you want to play only one champion. Some of them can take several roles, some of them don't fall back that easily, some of them secure advantage and keep kicking enemy lying on the ground while getting even more stronger. And you also need to remember that you will get better players at enemy team, and playing against someone with coordination (decent duo bot, not people who just met in chat room, but actually who queue together for some time and know how they play) will be significantly harder than playing against two players who don't know each other.

- - - Updated - - -

snip
    I'm not talking about ~40 games played, but about 400 games played on a certain champion. If i will play 400 games on Twitch, i doubt that i will be much better than decent Twitch players, but if i will play 400 games on Syndra, i will learn to overpower almost everything on mid lane just because of how good her tools is.

All you're saying is very true, some champions do have a lot higher impact than others.

But, if you play 400 matches as one champion, you know that champions strengths and weaknesses, so I would dare to say you'd perform better than one with 40 matches on his back.

And again, some champions you see this clearer than others, and those champions is what is considered "meta". There is after all a reason why the pros play those and not some random champion.

- - - Updated - - -

Victorious skin - Morgana?

http://news.cdn.leagueoflegends.com/...oriousfull.jpg

Thats at least the first person I thought of when I saw that picture.

Deleted
    If it's Morgana them I'm superdisappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcs View Post
    If it's Morgana them I'm superdisappointed.
    Yeah me too, who else got pointy ears and that "paint/make up" under her eye?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You'll want cheese hero most likely. If you play only Syndra, chances are you'll easily master similar mage as well (In this case Karthus and Cassiopeia have similar mechanics). If you only play Shaco, you'll likely still be a "mechanical shitter" and will not know strengths of other fighters either, so you'll be true one trick pony. The good part is that you can focus on other parts of game that will win stuff for you and most likely climb much faster. If your only concern is something like when to press R to avoid death/damage, you'll most likely be able to fully comprehend situation and game flow. Also let's be honest - if you do well on mechanical champions, you'll start meeting people that are doing well avoiding those mechanics, so a lot of your effort is nullified.

I don't know about Lee either, there is some excessive clicking, some aim, and though it's hardly overwhelming, there is unfortunate power curve that makes his success more of a team effort.

I'd rather recommend DPS fighters instead, they are always simple and they always have strong splitpush options. As a side bonus they grab all the glory if team is winning anyway, and almost always are very strong laners so you are most likely going to be huge annoyance for enemy team. I suppose that Tryndamere is the best one, while Fiora the worst, but I think there is still a lot place for personal preference, which is kinda good.

Fiddlesticks is also a good cheese that works very well and arguably Sion is most definitely workable. I think the point of spamming single champion is to improve your own game as much as possible while avoiding learning "unnecessary" things. By choosing the "cheese" champion, you have it even more simple, at the cost of having it much harder to switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah me too, who else got pointy ears and that "paint/make up" under her eye?
    The paint might just be for this skin.

The last Morgana skin was released on 14/6/13.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    The paint might just be for this skin.

The last Morgana skin was released on 14/6/13.
    Then there is the ears. Do Syndra have pointy ears? Would love that skin more than Morgana. (Assuming I can climb back into gold.. Soooo many trolls lately)

10+ Year Old Account
    Then there is the ears. Do Syndra have pointy ears? Would love that skin more than Morgana. (Assuming I can climb back into gold.. Soooo many trolls lately)
    I spent over 100 games at Bronze 2, so I really shouldn't care about the skin.

I was thinking Lulu but the face shape is wrong. Cassiopeia?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Victorious skin is released for a champion that has been played a lot in soloq and competitive play, therefore it's most likely Morgana.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just sitting here in shock people actually consider the possibility of that being someone other than morgana
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2014-08-25 at 09:57 PM.