15+ Year Old Account
    All of the rotating game modes, so far, have champion mastery enabled. So if you're looking to get chests, that's how I'd do it...that's how I am doing it since I don't enjoy SR. Though I do think they need to tweak it a bit more. It was pretty damn hard to get an S in both Ascension and Poro King.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2016-04-24 at 01:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, don't give a flying duck about URF. After the first 5 games of the weekend, people just start playing the same champions they consider OP over and over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... after playing Bard on release - i hated him, i perform at bronze level of skill, always getting caught, always overextending, always missing my shackles. But now, after Taric got (sic!) that popular - he is my second best support. His damage output (thanks to thunderlords OP mastery and blue support item) is huge, stun is reliable (still miss it when panicking a lot) but his ult and E is underrepresented in my games. I almost never use them. E is used only for mobility (and about 2 times per game to get a flanking kill on someone) and ult is used only to split enemy team apart or CC someone out of teamfight.

And after playing much more of new Taric - he is awesome, but now he is even more mana-hungry with his new Q which makes me sad.

His Bastion IMO shouldn't be a skill point at all, it should be his passive, it's his core ability but for some dumb reason you have to rank it up.

SPeaking of Bation - yesterday i managed to support my really "jumpy" team (Trist, Riven, Noct) out of Baron pit (they all jumped/flashed over the wall and wanted to 3v5 enemy team) with Bastion - i threw it on Riven, and spammed Q (while smacking baron for resets) and Es on enemy while waiting for R to pop up. They managed to successfully 3v5 it because they took barely any damage.

Also, is there any point in not getting thunderlords? On literally anyone? (except top/jungle for obvious reasons). All other options look extremely weak in comparison
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-04-25 at 05:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    His Bastion IMO shouldn't be a skill point at all, it should be his passive, it's his core ability but for some dumb reason you have to rank it up.
    Everyone else has to rank up their core abilities, Taric should be no different. Bastion is by far his best skill however, it lets you support from Nami and Janna ranges if you need to and gives you a presence in both your teams front line and your teams back line. The only other champion that has the power to, effectively, be in two places at once is Shen and he requires his ultimate to do it. Taric is in two places at once all the time, it absolutely has to be a skill he needs to level otherwise it has no downsides or tradeoffs of any kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, this part you are talking about worth exactly 1 skill point. If by leveling it up you would increase its range - then yes. But it should have god awful range at rank 1 and you would be forced to rank it up first.

It just should be separated from the "it gives a shield and armour" part, strapped to his passive and have a button assigned IMO.

I don't think that you make a fair comparison - if Taric decides to "support from range" - all he can do is smack his face on the keyboard and get all his skills on huge cooldown while achieving nothing. He needs to be in melee with someone to be effective. Staying behind the lines limits his effectiveness significantly. It's like, just, having 1300 range on all your skills but you have 10 seconds cooldown on changing targets for 3 of them.

It's his core mechanic after all, it shouldn't be gated behind a skillpoint. It's just crappy design, they could make it a lever to nerf/buff Taric when it will be needed if they'll made it a passive (make its range scale with level, for example)
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-04-25 at 11:00 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I don't think that you make a fair comparison - if Taric decides to "support from range" - all he can do is smack his face on the keyboard and get all his skills on huge cooldown while achieving nothing. He needs to be in melee with someone to be effective. Staying behind the lines limits his effectiveness significantly. It's like, just, having 1300 range on all your skills but you have 10 seconds cooldown on changing targets for 3 of them.
    To be clear, I ment "Nami and Janna range" in distance terms. As in, you can help out Jinx all the way over there while you're punching Xerath in the face. Not you can stand miles back and still be 100% effective. Its also worth noting that most teams are going to have someone who'll be trying to kill your squishy targets too, and most of those are quite safe for you to be in range of to hit. So you can be at the back peeling for Jinx while helping out Malphite all the way over there .

As for Bastion, you're right, it is largely just a one point wonder until late game. Scaling with your armour and your targets HP is a poor combination since neither of you have much of them early game. Its effectiveness does scale upwards sharply when you start getting towards late game however, which is why I've been maxing it out last.

10+ Year Old Account
    im mad now. Urf is done =(

So glad URF is gone. It's always been a toxic shit fest. So many "Easy" comments, lots of swearing... really not a game mode I enjoyed.

Got a question about Champion shards. I've almost got 3, but own every champion. Are you guaranteed a champion you don't own when you reroll them? So if I wait until the next champion is released, I can then reroll my shards and get that champion?
    Last edited by Dundebuns; 2016-04-25 at 02:21 PM.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    So glad URF is gone. It's always been a toxic shit fest. So many "Easy" comments, lots of swearing... really not a game mode I enjoyed.

Got a question about Champion shards. I've almost got 3, but own every champion. Are you guaranteed a champion you don't own when you reroll them? So if I wait until the next champion is released, I can then reroll my shards and get that champion?
    I'm pretty sure you get another temporary champion item, which you then have to upgrade to make permanent. To point of rerolling is to have a chance of getting a champion (or skin) that you do not yet own the same way as you would with the champions/skins you are rerolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post

You are guaranteed to get the champion you don't own once that champ is already out. I would probably recommend grinding the IP to spend on the new champ though, they said they have a plan for champ shards for people that own everyone, and until that plan is unveiled I plan on sitting on my champ shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    You are guaranteed to get the champion you don't own once that champ is already out. I would probably recommend grinding the IP to spend on the new champ though, they said they have a plan for champ shards for people that own everyone, and until that plan is unveiled I plan on sitting on my champ shards.
    Good call. I'm not busting for IP, so I guess until plans are unveiled, I'll keep them.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    To be clear, I ment "Nami and Janna range" in distance terms. As in, you can help out Jinx all the way over there while you're punching Xerath in the face. Not you can stand miles back and still be 100% effective.
    I've noticed one fun thing - some people have no clue how to play with new Taric, but i've met a random Kass mid player who actually had a clue and oh my, i abandoned my ADC asap (about level 6) and ravaged all lanes with said Kass. He watched carefully for where i am, positioned properly to cover max area possible with stun beam and, well, in general had great map awareness and never run away too far away from me and wasn't overextending when i had nothing to smack to get resets.

I've noticed one fun thing - some people have no clue how to play with new Taric, but i've met a random Kass mid player who actually had a clue and oh my, i abandoned my ADC asap (about level 6) and ravaged all lanes with said Kass. He watched carefully for where i am, positioned properly to cover max area possible with stun beam and, well, in general had great map awareness and never run away too far away from me and wasn't overextending when i had nothing to smack to get resets.
    Always nice when two random players can synergize with each other.

It's moments like these that make it worth playing online

RETH

Malzahar is so easy to play, yet he offers so good results. I love the free wins.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Malzahar is so easy to play, yet he offers so good results. I love the free wins.
    Totally. I also like to play him top. Nobody has a clue what to do about it.

Deleted
    I wonder if the new Malz minions will still scale with AD. If that's the case, I'm picking up AD Malz again.

Yeah, well, as a support I just build Mikeals and laugh about Malz. But he can be a pain in the ass for sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Yeah, well, as a support I just build Mikeals and laugh about Malz. But he can be a pain in the ass for sure!
    Or play Soraka and just silence his ult. I swear I've seen Malzahars (and minions!) shed tears.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    I wonder if the new Malz minions will still scale with AD. If that's the case, I'm picking up AD Malz again.
    From what I've heard, AD Malz is actually stronger than before, and stronger than his AP build right now - so I kind of expect that to get nerfed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Or play Soraka and just silence his ult. I swear I've seen Malzahars (and minions!) shed tears.
    His new ult is actually weaker than before, they shifted more of his overall power into his QWE - R now deals significantly less single target damage, but deals some AOE damage instead (easily avoided though).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter