Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Well clearly you have zero clue how much influence a support has. Then again, you're comparing it with mid so..
    You're arguing setting up someone else to succeed, not you.

Going mid, who usually also has a form of cc (like all supports), has kill potential. Can carry Legit difference in mid an support is gold ecom, an damage output
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    U6 easily has the best charcters introduce in SUper, aside from Beerus and BLack
    jajaja

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingspacesheep View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm the defensive type haha. I don't use Rakan a lot (I'm currently on Tahm), got a video from ytd but not gonna post it soon as I need to post my other champs first HAH. Though below is a video that I made quite a while ago summarizing my tanky playstyle on him.

The game was just ytd, I went Coin>Coin Upgrade>Sightstone>Boots>Banner>Ardent (halfway and game ended). Masteries, I went tanky with bond. The rationale is that I love to initiate fights, but I don't want to just go in, deal some dmg and die without being able to peel.

Being tanky, I can initiate fights and use E to bait out opponent skill shots without the worry of being killed. If they try to dive into my AD or whoever, I can easily E back to protect my carries, at the same time, the disables will allow my carries to draw distance leaving me to peel everything else and it may be a little weird, but I like to max W first for the cooldown. The banner was just cos I wanted to be annoying since there was a Xerath. Just realized that that I earned a 200 more gold than my ADC and 200 lesser gold than my top laner while going 0/0/18 (25 kills in total on my team).
    Oh, i also play him defensive mid/late game. Also build him tank.
    Talking about the first 8 levels.
    A Rakan without offensive runes and masteries and spellthief is very much useless in my eyes.

You need to be a strong independent man! Tons of damage on your own and your ADC finishes the job.

I completely don't understand how Rakan can be played any other way :S
    What does a "defensive Rakan" bring to the table on the laning phase? Almost nothing, just a stun and weak shields early game. Your ADC needs to do the entire job for you.

EDIT: I like your videos
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-09-26 at 01:26 PM.

Why does it feel like they're trying to market evelynn rather than release a champ. Splash art came before the kit...
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Why does it feel like they're trying to market evelynn rather than release a champ. Splash art came before the kit...
    I don't think it's the first time that has happened and there doing way less marketing then they did with sion or Taric.

I think Rakan is a pretty good counter to Kog + Lulu since late game you can initiate your team to 100-0 the lulu or kog.

In terms of laning, I have played a decent amount of Rakan and I think its an even lane matchup. I don't think I can outplay a good Lulu 2v2 as Rakan but jungle ganks are usually 100% kill with Rakan so that is the advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    I don't think it's the first time that has happened and there doing way less marketing then they did with sion or Taric.
    We learned Sion abilities first we didn't even get to see him in the teaser but a statue instead. We got eve splash arts first and as someone who plays champs for there abilities and not look. I feel kind hoed. I'm not a prude either, I'm going to fap but it feels like Evelyn release and teasers were more about marketing her appearance than her role in the game.

It's my opinion though.

7+ Year Old Account
    We learned Sion abilities first we didn't even get to see him in the teaser but a statue instead. We got eve splash arts first and as someone who plays champs for there abilities and not look. I feel kind hoed. I'm not a prude either, I'm going to fap but it feels like Evelyn release and teasers were more about marketing her appearance than her role in the game.

It's my opinion though.
    I'm not saying we got sions splashes before his agilitys I just think we got some ones but I can't Remember all of the reworks so maybe I'm wrong. What I meant is we got slot more built up for sion/taric where I don't think eve is getting any thing other then the video.

It's my opinion though.
    Why on earth is it such a big issue? So what if they release some splash art before the kit?

Honestly, people find any excuse to bitch these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Why on earth is it such a big issue? So what if they release some splash art before the kit?

Honestly, people find any excuse to bitch these days.
    I was thinking about adding her to my champ pool but after seeing her abilities, and realizing how misleading the teaser was I won't. They made her ultimate look like a constant aoe but it's just a single whip. Her kit needed clarification but they were more worried about marketing her than addressing that and it upset me. I voiced my opinion that's what forum are for dude.

7+ Year Old Account
    http://www.surrenderat20.net/2017/09...brace.html?m=1

Eve update.

Have to say this is the first rework I'm not happy with at first glance other then karma. I've always really liked eve but this just seems like a down grade in both looks and game play.

Deleted
    http://www.surrenderat20.net/2017/09...brace.html?m=1

Eve update.

Have to say this is the first rework I'm not happy with at first glance other then karma. I've always really liked eve but this just seems like a down grade in both looks and game play.
    So far i only don't like the fact eve doesn't have stealth until level 6...but to speak trully, it was pretty much OP.
    Her only downfall was that she was horrible late game, i hope they fix that.

So far i'm enjoying her kit in a more roleplayish kind of way. I just hope she will be a late game monster now that she lacks stealth in the early levels.

God i love evelynn so much, i hope the rework will be good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    So far i only don't like the fact eve doesn't have stealth until level 6...but to speak trully, it was pretty much OP.
    Her only downfall was that she was horrible late game, i hope they fix that.

So far i'm enjoying her kit in a more roleplayish kind of way. I just hope she will be a late game monster now that she lacks stealth in the early levels.

God i love evelynn so much, i hope the rework will be good.
    i don't know ill have to try her but so far i'm not a fan of how she looks or how the kit looks. only other champ i disliked the rework was karma but i was probably the only old karma main in the world so.

- - - Updated - - -

interactions if any one cares.

Deleted
    i don't know ill have to try her but so far i'm not a fan of how she looks or how the kit looks. only other champ i disliked the rework was karma but i was probably the only old karma main in the world so.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=NrRbNAYrh2Y

interactions if any one cares.
    No special interaction with Twisted Fate? WTF
    I also loved old karma, her heals were the best. I was pretty sad with the rework
    I hope this will be different and good for eve win ratio.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-09-26 at 09:15 PM.

A Rakan without offensive runes and masteries and spellthief is very much useless in my eyes.

I completely don't understand how Rakan can be played any other way :S
    What does a "defensive Rakan" bring to the table on the laning phase? Almost nothing, just a stun and weak shields early game. Your ADC needs to do the entire job for you.
    Well, I think of it in another way and have a few points haha.

1. I wouldn't be able to proc the passive to gain gold on spellthief's because my opponents probably won't let me Q them for free. This means less gold and less items in the long run.
    2. If I were to want an offensive type of support, I think there are much better options for me with TDL. E.g. Lux.
    3. Going "defensive", well, not exactly. Just like how good TDL works early game on that bit of dmg, that's also how good armor/MR works.

My playstyle is something like this, if someone were to engage us, I would just dive into their backline and zone the ADC out. Yes TDL will give you that burst for 3 hits and E allows you to exit. But I'm more of disabling and keeping their ADC out of range while my own ADC tries to take down the other support.

Comparing a Kog+Lulu vs Xayah+Rakan, I think my Xayah will be able to take down Lulu (and heal at the same time cos of bond), faster than an early game Kog trying to take down my Rakan (with 21 armor excluding bonuses from masteries/items). What I usually like to do, is to counter engage into my opponent's ADC, take all the attention so he starts attacking me (especially when he's out of range of my ADC), then turn our attention to kill my opponent's SP.

Since the dmg isn't that high early on, I can also do multiple engages to chip my opponents down without sacrificing too much HP (I'm tanky ya), then going in for the final kill when there's a chance (or starve them out). I wouldn't be able to do this with TDL and offensive runes, because I can shield Xayah, but they can just kill me instead.

I also try to max out W first, get some CD (from coin) and get even more tanky. Though I can't dish out dmg like an AP/TDL Rakan, I can disable, and really tank up all my opponent's skills (so it's safe for my carries to fight) and if the fight drags on, sometimes I'd be able to use W 2-3 times without the worry of death. With TDL, it'll probably be a do or die, either I engage, proc and kill, or I'll get CC-ed and just die there.

PS: I've been considering Dark Seal on supports with some AP scaling though (even if I go tanky). Haven't tried buying it yet, but I usually avoid dying so it'd be nice with some extra AP once in awhile. Will probably try it out soon.

i'm not a fan of how she looks or how the kit looks.
    Haven't looked into the kit but I'm also not a fan of how she looks now... >_>... I just hope that some skins would give her more touch up.
    Last edited by flyingspacesheep; 2017-09-27 at 02:26 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, I think of it in another way and have a few points haha.

1. I wouldn't be able to proc the passive to gain gold on spellthief's because my opponents probably won't let me Q them for free. This means less gold and less items in the long run.
    2. If I were to want an offensive type of support, I think there are much better options for me with TDL. E.g. Lux.
    3. Going "defensive", well, not exactly. Just like how good TDL works early game on that bit of dmg, that's also how good armor/MR works.

My playstyle is something like this, if someone were to engage us, I would just dive into their backline and zone the ADC out. Yes TDL will give you that burst for 3 hits and E allows you to exit. But I'm more of disabling and keeping their ADC out of range while my own ADC tries to take down the other support.

Comparing a Kog+Lulu vs Xayah+Rakan, I think my Xayah will be able to take down Lulu (and heal at the same time cos of bond), faster than an early game Kog trying to take down my Rakan (with 21 armor excluding bonuses from masteries/items). What I usually like to do, is to counter engage into my opponent's ADC, take all the attention so he starts attacking me (especially when he's out of range of my ADC), then turn our attention to kill my opponent's SP.

Since the dmg isn't that high early on, I can also do multiple engages to chip my opponents down without sacrificing too much HP (I'm tanky ya), then going in for the final kill when there's a chance (or starve them out). I wouldn't be able to do this with TDL and offensive runes, because I can shield Xayah, but they can just kill me instead.

I also try to max out W first, get some CD (from coin) and get even more tanky. Though I can't dish out dmg like an AP/TDL Rakan, I can disable, and really tank up all my opponent's skills (so it's safe for my carries to fight) and if the fight drags on, sometimes I'd be able to use W 2-3 times without the worry of death. With TDL, it'll probably be a do or die, either I engage, proc and kill, or I'll get CC-ed and just die there.

PS: I've been considering Dark Seal on supports with some AP scaling though (even if I go tanky). Haven't tried buying it yet, but I usually avoid dying so it'd be nice with some extra AP once in awhile. Will probably try it out soon.

Haven't looked into the kit but I'm also not a fan of how she looks now... >_>... I just hope that some skins would give her more touch up.
    i know i have tango and bank robber hope one is atlest nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanni View Post
    You're arguing setting up someone else to succeed, not you.

Going mid, who usually also has a form of cc (like all supports), has kill potential. Can carry Legit difference in mid an support is gold ecom, an damage output
    If I as support set-up 4 other people to faceroll the team. Deny the other team kills, get massive map awareness going around, Fuck up the other teams map awareness, and do all this with half the gold of a midlaner...

Then I succeeded, no the 12/2 adc who's life you saved 400 times, or because you are a CC monster, peel beast, damage booster, CC remover, ...

I guess people ban Janna, Lulu and Blitz because they can't carry.

Deleted
    Thanks for your input on Rakan @flyingspacesheep
    It's a different playstyle but i understand the pros and cons.

Probably shouldn't be making spellthief, it's a bit overkill only for 10 more damage and i get a lot less gold.
    But i can't stop playing him with TDL, it's just my playstyle to be offensive with him

But i can't stop playing him with TDL, it's just my playstyle to be offensive with him
    Hmm.. Have you tried TDL Thresh with ignite?

Deleted
    Hmm.. Have you tried TDL Thresh with ignite?
    Never tried it but i bet is a much better offensive champion than rakan In terms of damage

Yesterday a friend of mine playing adc was complaining the whole game about his rakan support. Next game i told him "let me show you how it's done".
    He was all like "you do a lot of damage, wtf"

Unfortunately i got a Direct X error and i couldn't log back in the game...i guess i have to update my drivers -___-
    I was so pissed, we killed the other team like 6 times.

- - - Updated - - -

Made a crappy short video showing how "offensive Rakan" can be cool
    I can take alone half HP of the person i am bursting and the ADC does the rest.
    AD runes and quints, Thunderlords and Spellthiefs first item. I max out Q and start putting points on E once laning phase ends.

Maybe it's not optimal...but it's the way i play him

Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-09-28 at 05:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Offensive supports are legit. I play TLD + Spellthief Sona, slap an Ardent/Lichbane/Ludens/Athenes/Deathcap on her if I get fed
    I also play Zyra and Leona support though - so offensive is really almost the only way I play support.

Different topic: Eve is my second most played champion (only to Vi) and I was an Eve OTP before mastery came out which would have made her my most played if that existed previously. I'm not happy with the rework, she's got a bunch of issues and the worst bit is the devs aren't listening to anyone in the Evelynn Mains subreddit (where all the Eve OTPs lurk) - we're posting on the official forums of course - but none of us have gotten a good response yet.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter