Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    So Graves patch is coming...where's Nine-Tales Fox?

Oh and I got Irelia and played a TON of games with her but each game I had 2-3 people feeding the enemy team with the other team playing rather well.

So a question came up to me, how do I counter a team that is building super tanky as an Irelia. I know she has true damage but that isn't nearly enough when the enemy team has a Warwick, Malphite and Jarvan all building uber tanky with their Morgana also building up armor.
    To counter tankiness you have to make the most out of your Hiten Style's 6 seconds. Which means you build a lot of speed items. Wit's end is a very good example, and it also adds someof its own damage per attack. A better version of wits end is Madred's Bloodrazor, it adds %4 of the targets health as magic damage to your attacks. But to be honest you will rarely need these items, irelia's job is to kill the carries, if you can get to them and finish them off then you have nothing else to worry about.

Do note that since madreds and wits end do magic damage, they will be useless against a morgana, you'll barely be able to break her Black shield with your attacks.
    Signature by Tacy :]

I got Irelia while she was on sale and i really like playing her but what are some suggested items? I see TF and atma+warmog used in alot of guides

You ALWAYS get a Trinity Force, then you build defense. So basicly it's a bunch of armor/mr items with a TF as a core. Also since Irelia is a very farm reliant champion you should be getting a philo stone and that turtle-gold-item, which you later on turn into a Shurelia's and Randuin's.
    Signature by Tacy :]

Some of the worst games are the ones you win but really shouldn't have.
    Just played a ranked game where we started horribly, bot lane was getting ganked constantly, got ganked 3 times before our Warwick jungler was level 6, and blaming our jungler, top lane Gangplank hasn't said a single word and I'm having to mid as Yorick vs Swain, the one caster that can beat Yorick, I didn't do too terrible though. At 20mins the score is 5-17, everyone is yelling at each other and spamming surrender votes, none went through though.
    Fastforward to 35 mins, lane phase is over, our toplane Gangplank is 9-2, our Warwick is running around picking people off and I'm pushing all the lanes like nobody's business.
    We won like 42-23.

Winning games you really shouldn't and losing games you should have are the worst games.
    Like winning games where everyone is badmouthing each other, clearly not having the better players but having the other team have a disconnect or 1 really bad feeder.
    Also losing games where you are clearly ahead and winning, but have a disconnect or one person make 1 really bad mistake you cannot recover from, have had so many games where we are winning but the team goes in 4v5, losing and giving the other team enough time to win the game.

~Fiddlesnarf's rant of the day.

There are also early game champions and late game champions. We've lost games that started out 17-3 because we had no late game carry, and the enemy team was nothing but late game carries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Also losing games where you are clearly ahead and winning, but have a disconnect or one person make 1 really bad mistake you cannot recover from, have had so many games where we are winning but the team goes in 4v5, losing and giving the other team enough time to win the game.
    I hate this too Like, you can be winning 20-0 on kills an hour in, with all towers still up, 1 ace with 3 dps on their team up, can rip apart your base before you get back, makes me rage :/

15+ Year Old Account
    I just had the weirdest game ever. By that I mean, weirdest team mates ever. A Xerath and Xin Zhao were like fighting over the other team's Annie. It was weird but amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    I hate this too Like, you can be winning 20-0 on kills an hour in, with all towers still up, 1 ace with 3 dps on their team up, can rip apart your base before you get back, makes me rage :/
    It's not as bad as DotA. You kill 4 people, you lose 5, Lycan runs in and kills tower and both rax by himself. And in DotA, you never get them back, and they make a HUGE difference.

At least in LoL you can't normally get that much damage and also be tanky enough to sit on top of towers by yourself, and losing an inhib doesn't hurt that bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Man I am terribad with Evelynn but she is so fun!

Graves' spotlight is out! Like literally 2 secs from me making this post.
    *watching*

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=16066639
    Last edited by Fiddlesnarf; 2011-10-19 at 03:49 AM.

Ah, Graves looks amazing, but he's new, so we'll see so many of them!

Not play a champion that looks awesome, or play a mainstream champion, decisions, decisions....

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Man I am terribad with Evelynn but she is so fun!
    Ugh, I never managed to even get half way through a game with Evelynn. I hate playing her for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Ah, Graves looks amazing, but he's new, so we'll see so many of them!

Not play a champion that looks awesome, or play a mainstream champion, decisions, decisions....
    What, are you a hipster?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    What, are you a hipster?
    I played Anivia before she was cool.

*ba-dum-tssss*

I wouldn't say hipster, I just never find myself wanting to play a champion I see almost every game, mainly why I play ones like Galio, trundle, karthus, urgot, etc. Hell, the newest champion I own is Lee Sin.

Graves looks awesome, but I know I'm going to see 1-2 every game, and lets not forget about that new champion stigma

Graves looks horrible, like Xerath, their attempt to offer counters to an unbeatable meta that isn't going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Graves looks horrible, like Xerath, their attempt to offer counters to an unbeatable meta that isn't going to work.
    An AD carry who's specialty is AoE burst? Sounds pretty solid to me. Throw in a trololo smoke bomb for easy ganks and I don't see too much wrong with him.

Deleted
    i like his skills except that the ulti is a skillshot, thats kinda bad unless the cooldown is really low (which i guess it isnt)

Quote Originally Posted by thewax View Post
    i like his skills except that the ulti is a skillshot, thats kinda bad unless the cooldown is really low (which i guess it isnt)
    Despite the champion spotlight, Graves doesn't seem like an auto attacking hero. I'd expect to see builds with items like CDR boots, Brutalizer, so he can really spam his moves.

his smoke bomb seems like a nice idea for a skill... other than that he looks bland
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

Deleted
    Eh, Graves looks like TF and seems to work like TF... Wont buy him me thinks <.<

And yeah, this game sucks cause one or two horribad players can ruin games for you.
    Thats the one reason why I like SC2 more, there are no badmouthed mouthbreaters going around insulting "your mother" who will single handedly lose the game for you, and just annoy everyone.