Deleted
    Veigar has 0 randomness, I'm not sure what you're talking about honestly.
    I agree on the crit though, don't really see why you would remove dodge because it's ''To random'', and keep crit which has the exact same randomness as dodge has.
    Riot is weird at times, we already knew this however.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic View Post
    I disagree with the notion of leveling both Tiger and Pheonix and disregarding Bear Stance; comparing Bear to BoS isn't very accurate, as Bear is a percentage increase in movement speed, as opposed to just the flat 20 that BoS give. Further, as Udyr has no real gap closer, that extra %movement speed is very valuable for getting to his target to even apply the stun in the first place--leaving Bear at Rank 3 costs you 6% movement speed and 1 second to the run speed duration. I don't believe two points in either Phoenix or Tiger(based on which one you focused) could justify reducing the effectiveness of your ability to catch a target--there really isn't much of a benefit to maxing both tiger and phoenix.
    I'm going to insist on this like I insist on Renekton being a tank (Renekton is not a tank).

While playing Udyr you will never pick between Tiger or Phoenix, unless you want to gimp yourself. The arguement about the extra second you'll get from bear stance leveling it to 5 being justified can be picked apart as follows.

-2 points in Tiger (scaling AD dot and AS steriod) or Phoenix (AD steriod and on hit effect) =/= 1 extra second for 2% ms (including/diminishing returns) increase.
    Rather, with some math from someone else that's honestly still right.

1. the stun is the same duration at all ranks, 1 sec.
    2. Move speed gets a -20% dr at 415 and -50% at 490

-Udyr has a base movement speed of 320
    -Boots give 50-70-90 for ranks 1,2,3 movement
    -so even if you only get rank 2 boots you base movement speed is 390
    -390*1.27 = 495 so you are over the -50% dr mark with max rank bear.
    -If you have any other move speed added you the last 2 ranks of this are absolutely castrated by the -50% diminished return.

And

6. Tiger or Phoenix?
    Answer:
    Both stupid.

It is beyond me why every single guide on here feels like you can only use one skill or the other. It doesn't make any sense to completely ignore a spell on any champ and Udyr is not the exception. Like many champs you do wait to level a certain skill till later in the game. In Udyrs case this is Tiger stance.

The two stances even synergize well with each other

Udyr does the most damage when you max rank both phoenix and tiger while leaving bear at level 3. This is especially true when you get +movement from items or masteries. With a zeal for dps or FoN for Tank you have more than made up for the speed of the last 2 ranks of Bear but you gain the speed permanently rather than for just a few sec.

Look at bear in the skill section if you need more info or hard numbers.
    If you're not killing them once you've caught them, then that's a problem you should be fixing, as opposed to trying to catch them to finish the job. Added to this, this is a similar/same reason why too much ms is a bad thing for some champs (and the ms part of Shyv's w is a bit hacknee'd, despite being somewhat useful overall).
    LoLtumblr |
    derpderpderp

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried free Renekton.

Man his damage is stupendous.

Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    i do pretty much the same with my sona build @antueater

cept i have some magic res instead of manaregen

@dukro & @typhron

they ARE arguably the worst quints, for MOST champs
    BUT
    like ant sed, they are freakin sweet rockin on certain support builds (e.g. <3 Sona <3)
    if we get a early kill or 2 in my lane, i can get both the Philo Stone & HeartofGold on my first run back to base
    then i can let the carry im babysitting get every last hit, since my gold gen is rockin out of quints/mastery/Philo/HoG/passive
    and can still buy my usual aura support (or tank support) build and plenty of wards to boot
    my babysat carry gets my buffs, my heals and all the gold from the lane
    my team gets a mostly-fogless map with crazy ward coverage
    usually leads into very overpowered/lolfed situations, gg

they ARE terrible quints for the vast majority of champs
    but they CAN be amazing when used in specific situations/builds

supporting evidence/math :P

long story short: at 40mins, you have earned 3k extra gold
    the problem with this is your support should be having 21 in defense. so greed is really never a option

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PnBoots View Post
    the problem with this is your support should be having 21 in defense. so greed is really never a option
    Going to have to respectively say "No." I would much much much rather have the gold per10, extra starting gold, mana regen, and CDR/Summoner Spell CDR.

I would never put 21 points in defense as a support. Extra beefiness is never a bad thing to have as a support, even better if it is free. But all the things the Utility tree offers are just too good to pass.

Also +1 for the purse again, maxing Bear is in 99.99% of all cases useless. If there wasnt DR, that may be different. But there is.

Deleted
    dont suppose theres like a video bank of lol games to watch :>

yeh it sounds stupid, but the way i improved at cs and css was downloading source demo's of top teams and watching there gameplay, just wondering if its possible in LoL aswel. Because i realy suck badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Veigar "random" is his ulti depends on enemy AP, so in same game he can hit someone for 1k and another for 2.5k, that's what I meant by randomness of veigar
    He isn't that random as Jax for example or Trynd (35% increase crit full rage) etc
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    dont suppose theres like a video bank of lol games to watch :>

yeh it sounds stupid, but the way i improved at cs and css was downloading source demo's of top teams and watching there gameplay, just wondering if its possible in LoL aswel. Because i realy suck badly.

Actually, there is.

If you want replays, get the newest LoL Replay
    It features a replay browser of different and everyday people.

If you want high quality videos, go to solomid.net, and search for your favorite champion.

I could of make some pun of "Tortillagirl" and "suck badly", but that would be way too obvious, isn't it?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aint it normal for Veigars to use their ulti on the enemy AP for max dmg on his ulti? I dont really seen the randomness in that. Random > chance for something lucky to happend. While his ulti is pretty much set dmg, just dependant on if you choose to nuke their casters or their tank. Or something...

Quote Originally Posted by PnBoots View Post
    i do have a defense runepage as well, but the premise still stands.
    stacking gold per 10 is a legit strategy and can very beneficial to the team if done properly, since ur essentially generating an entire extra lane of gold income for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    i do have a defense runepage as well, but the premise still stands.
    stacking gold per 10 is a legit strategy and can very beneficial to the team if done properly, since ur essentially generating an entire extra lane of gold income for the team.
    12 minutes into my last game I had Heart of Gold, the hp5/mp5/gp5 one, and the masteries. 90g per minute = massive.

That being said, (as soraka) I like to throw 11 into offense. The extra AP is incredibly helpful, and the MPen makes my harass incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Seeing there's a vast number of jungling Shaco's popping up these days, I thought I'd share a short video I made for a friend of mine, showing how I start my jungling route up to the point where I will initiate most ganks. Sometimes (if the lanes allow it) I will gank sooner, but mostly all lanes are still at a stalemate at this point in time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxS_ObW5gtw

Maybe some will find it usefull!
    Last edited by Arachnan; 2011-11-23 at 01:05 PM.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Deleted
    Speaking of Shaco, it's now possible to solo the dragon at level 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV1fu2QCr_g

Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post

While the initial gold is sweet, you are heavily gimped for jungling afterwards. I don't know if it's worth it in the long run, seeing Shaco can easily kill dragon at level 6 aswell, just doing normal jungling.

Maybe if you play a laning AP Shaco and let some one else jungle and you just rejoin the lane after dragon.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post

It's NOW possible? Our Shaco has done it long before this..

Hmm so Nine Tails name seems to be "Ahri" now. Sounds rather nice.
    She'll be an "mobility type assassin caster". No support champ, sorry.
    Last edited by Mistral; 2011-11-23 at 03:21 PM. Reason: fixing link
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    She'll be an "mobility type assassin caster". No support champ, sorry.
    Meh, I was voting for another Armogs user. Oh well, its only the other choice.

Assassin Caster isnt that bad. Another tanky DPS wouldnt help with lowering the Metagolem presence at all.

So, a Fizz-like?

Well, Fizz is a really good counter to to the current tanky meta at the moment. But only 'cause his kit shits on a lot of tankier builds.
    Last edited by Typhron; 2011-11-23 at 06:27 PM.
    LoLtumblr |
    derpderpderp