How on earth can I beat a melee champ as Brand? Everytime they see me they just right click me, charge in or whatever they do, and rape me. I get killed in 2-3 hits and its fairly embarrassing, I'm going like 7-10 in each match only because I don't get the chance to even finish my EQW combo when I see someone. I don't have a problem laning, its only at end game when I'm just finishing up my build. I've tried Thornmail and it helps a little but against someone like Garen or Tryn it doesn't do anything if they have quite a bit of health. Any tips?

15+ Year Old Account
    Guis baron shall no longer be called baron. It is now bacon. Gmanbob has decreed this. *nodnod*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    How on earth can I beat a melee champ as Brand? Everytime they see me they just right click me, charge in or whatever they do, and rape me. I get killed in 2-3 hits and its fairly embarrassing, I'm going like 7-10 in each match only because I don't get the chance to even finish my EQW combo when I see someone. I don't have a problem laning, its only at end game when I'm just finishing up my build. I've tried Thornmail and it helps a little but against someone like Garen or Tryn it doesn't do anything if they have quite a bit of health. Any tips?
    Brand can't tank, CC or escape for shit.

Familiar with the concept of glass cannons? He's the prime example of one.

He's a huge AoE damage dealer with great burst potential, but if your melee opponents are even roughly of the same skill level as you, most will melt your face off if you just confront them openly 1v1.

Stay behind your beefier team mates, don't initiate yourself, wait for others to do it. Kite around towers, use shrub to your advantage for surprise combos (good if you can land a quick W>Q)

You can try and practice landing that combo too, but do it with bots or smth. If you're only starting out, players will mostly dodge it.

His Q is one of the hardest skill shots in the game to land, considering the uber short range.

I've seen some Brands pull off some crazy shit right in people's faces, purely on skill, speed and coordination. But they were very good, some probably much better than me.

I wouldn't suggest such bold tactics for someone who isn't playing Brand as his main champ for hundreds of games.
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-12-12 at 09:50 PM.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

5200 health 140 MR 140 armor Sion can't survive more than two seconds in a team fight with ult up and hacking away with 320 AD...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    5200 health 140 MR 140 armor Sion can't survive more than two seconds in a team fight with ult up and hacking away with 320 AD...
    Huh? oO

The question of what brought this on aside:

that's one hell of a teamfight.

AD Sions under Ult can turn the tide of entire teamfights, both in TT and SR (dunno about Dominion, have yet to see one there). If built right, they're one of the beefiest chars in the game under ult.

If an AD Sion can't survive under those circumstances, nobody will. Except Trynd, Poppy or chars with Zonya's.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Yeah, we lost. Smurf game so no one really had runes or masteries but Sion/Riven/Twitch/Ryze/Lux VS Ryze/Ashe/Singed/Cait/Fizz. Most team fights Riven and I went in chasing Ashe and Cait and Singed would run past us for Lux and Ryze. Somehow Lux and Ryze get killed 2v1 by singe while me and Riven get kited to hell by Ashe arrows/Caitlyn just plain running away with her E/Fizz being a jackass. Singed comes back to save his carries after Ryze and Lux somehow disappear in two seconds from a tank. Twitch of course gets bursted down within two autos as soon as he leaves stealth, couldn't get into position because Singed had oracle all game and we couldn't kill it, mega troll and unkillable Singed with so much backup slow.

I was Frozen Mallet/mercs/PDs/Atmas/Warmogs/FoN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah the wonders of smurf games.

There's a magical point where you can no longer wipe the floor with them cause they no longer play like "basic" bots, but the teamwork is still as bad as ever.

It's at that sweet spot where you log out of your smurf account and log in back to your 30th level one.

And Singed killng Ryze and Lux? That's a new one for me. Normally Singed can't fight his way out of a paper bag unless he's under ult. And even then he can be CCed until next Christmas.

Level 30 wouldn't be any better, last time I played level 30 was a 2-38 20 minute forfeit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm enjoying Dominoin so far. It can be even more heated and frustrating sometimes since it's twice as fast and intense, but the overall amount of wins is higher for me at least, since the games go faster.

Plus some champs can really shine solo there. Jarvan is a monster in defense. Ult + knockup alone are enough to wreck most anyone who's brave (stupid) enough to try and cap.

With the correct items I could not only defend a node against multiple champs, I could also sometimes capture one with more than one champ deffing.

Killing two champions who wanted to overpower me and capture the tower was a pretty common thing.

So, I'm back to playing LoL, again. I've quit due to a mental breakdown due to the sheer stupidity of people in solo-queue, but goddamn, this game is too damn fun to miss out, and it seems people behave(mostly) better on draft pick than they do on blind pick, so i guess it's bearable now.

SO HOW U GUYS DOIN'?

Deleted
    dont suppose anyone can give me a few junglers who play like rammus does in jungle?

been seeing hes a fairly common ban so it would probs help to be at least decent on a few other junglers and well the ones ive tried (GP/Trundle) i personally prefer to top lane with them than jungle.

I'm still doin' this.

New Skins in the Store
    • Midnight Ahri
    • Dynasty Ahri
    • Festive Maokai
    • Toy Soldier Gangplank
    • Snowmerdinger
    • Mistletoe Leblanc
    Ahri, her skins, and all of the Snowdown Showdown content will be simultaneously released in North America, Europe, and Korea on 12/14.PVP.net v1.50
    • Added the ability to search skins by Champion name in the Store
    • Fixed several bugs that resulted in some cases of the "Session Closed" error
    League of Legends v1.0.0.130
    Ahri, the 9 Tails Fox
    • Orb of Deception: Ahri throws out and pulls back her orb, dealing magic damage on the way out and true damage on the way back.
    • Fox-Fire: Ahri releases three fox-fires, which after a short delay lock on and attack nearby enemies.
    • Charm: Ahri blows a kiss that damages and charms an enemy it encounters, causing them to walk harmlessly towards her.
    • Spirit Rush: Ahri dashes forward and fires essence bolts, damaging 3 nearby champions. Spirit Rush can be cast up to three times before going on cooldown.
    • Soul Eater (Passive): Ahri gains a charge of Soul Eater whenever one of her spells hits an enemy (max: 3 charges per spell). Upon reaching 9 charges, Ahri's next spell has bonus Spell Vamp.
    Fizz
    • Base health regen per 5 reduced to 7 from 9
    • Chum the Waters
      • Fixed a bug where Chum the Waters stopped working if Fizz died
      • Hitting an enemy who is immune to the Fish now causes the Fish to drop on the ground instead of fizzling
      • Using Quicksilver Sash now drops the Fish on the ground instead of causing the shark to emerge immediately
      • Added a 3-2-1 timer like Time Bomb
      • No longer hits nontargetable units like Vladimir in Sanguine Pool
    • Urchin Strike ability power ratio reduced to .6 from .7
    • Seastone Trident active base damage reduced to 10/15/20/25/30 from 10/20/30/40/50
    Kassadin
    • Riftwalk cooldown increased to 7/6/5 from 6/5/4
    Lux
    • Prismatic Barrier
      • Shield strength increased to 80/105/130/155/180 from 60/85/110/135/160
      • Missile speed increased to 1400 from 1200
    • Lucent Singularity cooldown reduced to 9 seconds from 11
    Miss Fortune
    • Bullet Time base damage increased to 65/95/125 from 60/85/110
    Mordekaiser
    • Iron Man (Passive) shield amount increased to 35% from 30%
    • Siphon of Destruction damage increased to 70/115/160/205/250 from 65/105/145/185/225
    Pantheon
    • Aegis of Zeonia mana cost reduced to 55 from 70
    • Grand Skyfall mana cost reduced to 125 from 150
    Sivir
    • Boomerang Blade
      • Base damage reduced to 70/115/160/205/250 from 80/125/170/215/260
      • Now scales with ability power at a 0.5 ratio
    • Ricochet
      • Damage falloff per bounce reduced to 20% from 25%
      • Fixed a bug which caused Ricochet to cost additional mana on throwing the projectile
    • Updated recommended items
    Sona
    • No longer automatically acquires attack targets when idle while Power Chord is active
    Trundle
    • As of the Volibear patch, Contaminate's CC reduction applies to Silences and Blinds
    Tryndamere
    • Bloodlust heal per 1 fury reduced to 0.5/0.95/1.4/1.85/2.3 from 0.65/1.15/1.65/2.15/2.65
    Twisted Fate
    • Auto-attack range increased to 525 from 510
    • Pick a Card will no longer randomly attack targets once a card has been picked and will not stop attacking if Twisted Fate is given an attack command or is already attacking a target
    Udyr
    • Monkey's Agility no longer grants Dodge
    Veigar
    • Primordial Burst mana cost reduced to 125/175/225 from 150/200/250
    • Dark Matter mana cost reduced to 70/80/90/100/110 from 100/110/120/130/140
    • Baleful Strike
      • Mana cost adjusted to 60/65/70/75/80 from 75 at all levels
      • Total ability power accumulated from Baleful Strike is now displayed in the tooltip
    • Event Horizon mana cost reduced to 80/90/100/110/120 from 80/95/110/125/140
    Volibear
    • Frenzy base damage reduced to 80/125/170/215/260 from 90/140/190/240/290
    • Frenzy bonus health scaling reduced to 18% from 20%
    Xin'Zhao
    • Crescent Sweep Armor and Magic Resist increase per Champion hit on increased to 7/10/13 from 5/8/11
    Masteries
    • Alacrity attack speed reduced to 1/2/3/4% from 1.5/3/4.5/6%
    • Summoner's Resolve - Improved Heal reduced to 10% from 15%
    • Perseverance removed, replaced with Strength of Spirit - increases health regen per 5 seconds by 0.4/0.7/1% of maximum mana
    Summoner Spells
    • Garrison now correctly applies assists to the caster
    Items
    • Ionic Spark (Dominion)
      • Increased attack speed to 50% from 45%
      • Increased proc damage to 110 from 100
    • Warmog's Armor
      • Passive health gain cap reduced to 350 from 450
      • Passive health regeneration per 5 reduced to 10 from 15
      • Health gain per kill or assist reduced to 35 from 45, minion kill reduced to 3.5 from 4.5
      • Health regeneration per 5 gain per kill or assist reduced to 1 from 1.5, minion kill reduced to .1 from .15
    General
    • The Winter Map has returned as a Field of Justice!
    • On Dominion only, characters with a "Zombie" state (Karthus' Death Defied, Kog'Maw's Icathian Surprise, Yorick's Omen of Death reanimations) will now start their respawn timers when their Zombie state ends, rather than when it begins
    I thought the last patch notes made me mad. These are...kind of shit. And seemingly unfinished. And...a lot of things.
    Last edited by Typhron; 2011-12-13 at 05:50 AM.
    LoLtumblr |
    derpderpderp

whatever, who cares about unfinished,
    WINTER MAP IS HERE !
    게임 은 어렵~~

10+ Year Old Account
    Veigar buffs, lovely
    Ahri art changed is meh, preferred the more human one
    Udyr dodge removed, no replace ?
    Fizz nerfs are weird, they will keep his OP E but nerf everything else? That won't balance him, that will make him bad
    Heal nerf is not good... Heal already was just good
    Warmog nerf is idiotic, the problem was always the atma not the bonus health
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Em, One part about those notes I dont get (maybe they just forgot): It states that Udyr lost his passive dodge, now where the heck is the same thing about Jax's E?
    (and is that Fizz nerf to the dot or to the activation on-hit effect? )

---------- Post added 2011-12-13 at 10:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Fizz nerfs are weird, they will keep his OP E but nerf everything else? That won't balance him, that will make him bad
    Heal nerf is not good... Heal already was just good
    Warmog nerf is idiotic, the problem was always the atma not the bonus health
    You can nerf Fizz in one of two ways. You can nerf his E, making the champion less-fun as (lets be honest here) who wouldnt want to be able to harass someone from their own tower with a melee-ing fish that will then escape without taking a single hit back?
    Or then you can nerf Fizz's damage that was the stupid part, as they did.

The Heal nerf was... Well, I wont blame them for it, as a lot of solotops and a lot of supports have heal just cause it heals just a stupid amount at lvls 6-18. (Soraka with Heal @ lvl 18: you heal your whole team for 400~ + 300~ without items, any nerfs to that are good)

And yeah, I can agree on the warmog nerf, they should've nerfed Atmas instead. As that -100 health wont even be noticeable tbh.
    Last edited by mmocb00de5a34b; 2011-12-13 at 08:47 AM.

The problem pre-nerf Warmogs with Atmogs was always Warmogs. The pure stats and the considerable ease of obtaining them paired with the relatively low cost were just way too good.

Atmas instead is fine where it is.

Also: Removing dodge without any substitution from Udyr? Come on, pretty ruthless nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Grxlturd View Post
    This skin
    I want it to happen
    Link
    No words...
    *Throws money at screen*
    Last edited by Martinussen; 2011-12-13 at 09:02 AM.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Hmm looks a little bit incomplete honestly.
    Where are the announced new runes? +15 AA Range for TF made me smile. Wouldn't they change something for Singed or so?
    Not sure what they want to achieve with the ap scaling on Sivirs Q.
    (and I'm a little bit sad that they continue to make less limited holiday skins this year than before)
    Last edited by Mistral; 2011-12-13 at 09:08 AM.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Deleted
    udyr's dodge removed, but nothing about jax? udyr is one of my favorite champions so i'd like to see how this plans out.

one of the only decent things i can see is the winter map. it looks bloody awesome from what i've seen, as i haven't ever played it before. looking forward to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Well garen and tryn is just horrible evil creatures against brand with his low mobility and CC.

But max pillar first, then sear and get a 1-1-1-0 skill order by lvl 3. leave 1 in conflagrate and use it only for applying your passive.
    I usually get 1 Dorans ring for starters in mid, and when i go back i make sure to any combination of dorans ring and boots. If you get very feeded you can just go with 1 DR and get Deathcap asap, and get that Rylais ASAP for the slow and health.

now, for the surviving those damned rightclick champs. With your DR and rylais, you'll have some health to survive some attacks, but not many. Use conflagrate when they engage, and, and immediatly use sear to stun when they're close so they cant dodge it. fire a pillar right in their ass and keep running. if they chose to keep chasing you might have to use flash or exhaust (or whatever you have to survive). After a little while you'll have your CD's back up and try to use the same combo.

Another tip, dont be afraid to use his ulti to get a passive on the target. if its 1v1 it cant hit that many targets anyway.
    Another Another tip, if you arent already, get used to placing perfect sears and pillars. all of brands gameplay is about those two spells, so you better learn to use them!
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ