Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupin View Post
    I dunno, people are dumb and copycats. Let's hope the new trend wont be even worse.
    True, mostly these crazy builds are made some pro's who are streaming, but because they can make it work, doesn't mean everybody can...I find it very sad to see a AD Kennen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    AP Yi is viable, don't hate.
    AP Yi is just annoying and gimmicky. He either does nothing at all or pentakills the enemy team alone. I would rather they had AD scaling (maybe around 0.5) on Alpha Strike than a 1:1 AP ratio. It would make AD Yi more viable and kill this AP Yi thing off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    AP Yi has no sustain damage, doesn't do enough damage to be an assassin and is a 1-trick pony. His damage falls off GIGANTICALLY lategame and can't do anything in between alpha strikes. Sure he's annoying in lane, but his lategame is so bad that you can laugh at him if he ever killsteals from a carry.

*As for Nidalee, 75% AP or AD top (depends, need a tank or need another damage/AP), 20% support bot, 5% mid. At least, this is what I see of her.
    This just in: AD is better than AP lategame. Yet people still go AP Sion.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    AP Yi is just annoying and gimmicky. He either does nothing at all or pentakills the enemy team alone. I would rather they had AD scaling (maybe around 0.5) on Alpha Strike than a 1:1 AP ratio. It would make AD Yi more viable and kill this AP Yi thing off.
    I fail to see how cutting the enemy team's health by quite a lot is 'nothing at all'

Deleted
    Sigh...I played AP Yi long before Alex Ich&Buddies brought the masses with them /HipsterYiGlassesOn. And whoever claims AP Yi isn't viable is terribly wrong. He is fantastic when played correctly at correct times and can wreck faces if the player isn't a complete tard like 99% of the the new guys...

As for those flaming AD Kennen....sigh, no hope for you guys it seems. What makes an AD carry?
    Long range? Check
    Kiting ability? Check
    Great utility? Check
    AD Scaling? Only on 1 ability but Check (and if you are using abilities for damage as AD Kennen...sigh....)
    Steroids? Nope, and the only real flaw I can find. Guess what? Caitlyn doesn't have either yet still I don't see people complaining when I play her as Carry....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    I fail to see how cutting the enemy team's health by quite a lot is 'nothing at all'
    "Quite a lot" is a bit vague. It really doesn't feel like a lot at all, unless he's been fed.

Deleted
    "Quite a lot" is a bit vague. It really doesn't feel like a lot at all, unless he's been fed.
    I don't really see how an AP Yi would NEED to get fed seeing as he's easily one of the best farmers in the game once he can alpha strike without going oom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkku View Post
    Sigh...I played AP Yi long before Alex Ich&Buddies brought the masses with them /HipsterYiGlassesOn. And whoever claims AP Yi isn't viable is terribly wrong. He is fantastic when played correctly at correct times and can wreck faces if the player isn't a complete tard like 99% of the the new guys...

As for those flaming AD Kennen....sigh, no hope for you guys it seems. What makes an AD carry?
    Long range? Check
    Kiting ability? Check
    Great utility? Check
    AD Scaling? Only on 1 ability but Check (and if you are using abilities for damage as AD Kennen...sigh....)
    Steroids? Nope, and the only real flaw I can find. Guess what? Caitlyn doesn't have either yet still I don't see people complaining when I play her as Carry....
    I'm not saying he can't go AD, but I think it's a massive waste of his potential. There are stronger AD choices so you're much better off going AP.

Sorry for the interruption, I'm looking at getting into AP heros. I like Ahri, so looking to build around her. I have picked up some magic pen reds, and now looking to fill my blues and yellows. It looks like AP per level blues are best, but I have very little idea for yellows. I could go defensive but....yeah I'm clueless :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    AP Yi has no sustain damage, doesn't do enough damage to be an assassin and is a 1-trick pony. His damage falls off GIGANTICALLY lategame and can't do anything in between alpha strikes. Sure he's annoying in lane, but his lategame is so bad you can laugh at him if he ever killsteals from a carry
    Newsflash: LeBlanc is good even though she falls off lategame...like most mages do? LB is just hated since she can wreck mid and gank the other lanes all the time

For those saying AP yi is 1-trick pony, try again. I'm a mage with no initiates, I don't go in first. I go in when our initiator has done their job, our bruisers are fighting and carries are engaging. I do my DFG, Q and LB proc with my ult on. Oh look, somebody died. Q again. Oh look their team lost 50% of their Hp. AP Yi should be played like Kata and you are good, too many people simply go in as rambo and fail...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolBoxxy View Post
    Sorry for the interruption, I'm looking at getting into AP heros. I like Ahri, so looking to build around her. I have picked up some magic pen reds, and now looking to fill my blues and yellows. It looks like AP per level blues are best, but I have very little idea for yellows. I could go defensive but....yeah I'm clueless :<
    Mp5 seals are good if you're having problems with that. The non-scaling ones. If you want a more general rune page usable by just about everyone (and you're good at managing mana), then go for flat armour.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolBoxxy View Post
    Personally i use mana regen per level, in yellow.

My general AP runepage for Mana caster is:

Magic pen - Red
    Mana regen per level - Yellow
    Ability power per level - Blue
    Flat AP - Quints, sometimes i switch em out with movement speed.
    Last edited by mmoc735fc07483; 2012-04-19 at 01:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperhald View Post
    Personally i use mana regen per level, in yellow.
    My logic for choosing the non-scaling ones is that I will probably have blue pretty often later in the game.

Deleted
    My logic for choosing the non-scaling ones is that I will probably have blue pretty often later in the game.
    True, but my personally choice are per level but i get your point.

As someone who played DotA as nothing but Ranged (Clinx the Bone Fletcher, god I was such a troll with him) and went into LoL starting off Ranged (Ashe, Sivir, Graves, Soraka, Annie, Ryze), I'm looking into expanding my Champion knowledge and start learning Melee champs. Any advice on making the transition from Ranged to Melee, and what are some good champs to start the learning curve? (Note: I only have IP right now and I've spent some on getting Mundo and Taric because they looked interesting. I won't have money to buy RP until June most likely so until them I'm stuck with the free rotation.)
    I am the BEASTMASTER. What are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    It's like saying "Why train up as a football team and go and play in the World Cup, when any random groups of people are playing Football down the park all the time! Footballs too accessable for everyone, GZ Blizzard!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterOfFire View Post
    As someone who played DotA as nothing but Ranged (Clinx the Bone Fletcher, god I was such a troll with him) and went into LoL starting off Ranged (Ashe, Sivir, Graves, Soraka, Annie, Ryze), I'm looking into expanding my Champion knowledge and start learning Melee champs. Any advice on making the transition from Ranged to Melee, and what are some good champs to start the learning curve? (Note: I only have IP right now and I've spent some on getting Mundo and Taric because they looked interesting. I won't have money to buy RP until June most likely so until them I'm stuck with the free rotation.)
    Well, then I recommend playing all of the free champions every week!

If you're going to buy any melee, just buy Irelia or Yorick. That will set you up well against just about anything.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Oh, another thing. If you go to Twitch, in his profile page, and browse his skins, you'll notice that there is actually a "hidden" skin besides his last one, which just makes the screen completely black, because there's no graphic for it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of him, I want Medieval Twitch =(

Deleted
    42 minute queue to get into the game? What the fuck happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    42 minute queue to get into the game? What the fuck happened?
    The patch happened. Last night it took me about ten minutes to get in.
    I am the BEASTMASTER. What are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    It's like saying "Why train up as a football team and go and play in the World Cup, when any random groups of people are playing Football down the park all the time! Footballs too accessable for everyone, GZ Blizzard!"