Curse and Dig still decided to come. They didn't have to.
    Yes they did, they needed the season points to gaurentee a spot in the season final. I dont get why you arent understanding that. Once they'd reached the finals and stopped ORB from reaching them they'd both gaurenteed themselves spots in the season final, the actual tournament that teams will want to win.

Did you even look at the link I posted? The one where the Red states "...they decided who would win prior to the match - it's not about their strategy during the game or what they are doing with the money afterwards,
    Yeah I read that Red post, its about 8 hours old and a lot of things have been revealed since then. Including a video of Curse specifically saying that they only got DQ'd for ARAM and sharing prize pot, and that they absolutely deny match fixing.

Like I said, you've not been keeping up with the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Yes they did, they needed the season points to gaurentee a spot in the season final. I dont get why you arent understanding that. Once they'd reached the finals and stopped ORB from reaching them they'd both gaurenteed themselves spots in the season final, the actual tournament that teams will want to win.
    No they didn't. This tournament was for points to get you to the REGIONALS, where teams then compete for a spot in the SEASON 2 FINAL. Dignitas and Curse were 3rd and 4th respectively in Circuit Points with no danger of being knocked out of top 8 who qualify for REGIONALS. They didn't need this tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Yeah I read that Red post, its about 8 hours old and a lot of things have been revealed since then. Including a video of Curse specifically saying that they only got DQ'd for ARAM and sharing prize pot, and that they absolutely deny match fixing.

Like I said, you've not been keeping up with the situation.
    Yes, because Curse will straight out say in a video open to everyone "We just tried to rig a match, sorry." Both Riot and MLG decided to disqualify them on grounds aside from the ARAM. I would like to think it's the people in charge of the tournament and the game who know what the fuck is actually happening.

Stop trying to defend stupid shit like this.
    Last edited by Kurdiern; 2012-08-27 at 08:06 AM.

So yeah, on match fixing, the only team that could increase their seeding for the REGIONALS was Digitnas. Please tell me what kind of match fixing makes the team that needs to win lose? Oh wait, no match fixing does! Because that would be stupid shit, wouldnt it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    I would like to think it's the people in charge of the tournament and the game who know what the fuck is actually happening.

Seems legit.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2012-08-27 at 09:45 AM.

Deleted
    Of course it's not ok even if it's "just ARAM".

It doesn't matter if it's an agreement of "let's play really passively this game", "let's play without junglers" or "let's play ARAM"; any scenario where two teams agree on how to play a match is bad.
    Last edited by mmoc0a04ed3db8; 2012-08-27 at 09:55 AM.

MLG and Riot have been extremely inconsistent with what they're saying, and curse had nothing to gain by rigging it. I'm siding with Dignatas and Curse on this one, they probably got DQ'd for ARAM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post
    any scenario where two teams agree on how to play a match is bad.
    Blanket statements for the sake of blanket statements are pretty weird. If two teams agreed to have fair play and not kill DC's, I'd say that's positive.

Deleted
    To me the whole idea seems just as stupid as picking Eve(pre revamp) with Revive + Promote hoping for someone to dodge, but then no one does and everthing is not what you expected...
    Yeah i know.. A bad example, but it all boils down to the same thing... A bad idea that will bring nothing good...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanaki View Post
    To me the whole idea seems just as stupid as picking Eve(pre revamp) with Revive + Promote hoping for someone to dodge, but then no one does and everthing is not what you expected...
    Yeah i know.. A bad example, but it all boils down to the same thing... A bad idea that will bring nothing good...
    I thought it was a pretty good idea actually. Something new rather than just
    1 team gets ahead in kills, wins teamfight at dragon and gets it.
    Eventually wins game because of gold lead.

For like 95% of matches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Blanket statements for the sake of blanket statements are pretty weird. If two teams agreed to have fair play and not kill DC's, I'd say that's positive.
    How is "let's play fair" even remotely similar to "let's play that way"? And DCs in a tournament setting? I can't remember seeing one and if it happened I'd assume they'd roll back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post
    How is "let's play fair" even remotely similar to "let's play that way"? And DCs in a tournament setting? I can't remember seeing one and if it happened I'd assume they'd roll back.
    I've seen several games roll on even with DC's. You also said "any scenario where the teams agree on how to play a match is bad."
    Note the word any, this explicitly means any, implies any and is any. In short, every single imaginable situation that is included within the definitions.

Deleted
    Yeah making a complete ARAM tournament could be fun, but it would be too much luck, team composition means a LOT in ARAM so doing it in a serious tournament is not a good idea...
    Fun for sure, but not a very constructive thing to do...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    I didn't say it was bad, just not the way AD Ezreal is meant to be played (Mystic Shot focused which takes skill to hit every single one).
    Which is probably why Riot is nerfing it, because they dont want you to level it first.
    Meant to be played, lane phase is about winning lane phase, W can make you win lane phase. By the time you get an serious AD and teamfights occur more often, your Q is maxed or nearly maxed anyway. Tbh it's like solo top Olaf should always max E over Q in lanephase while it just depends on so many other factors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    They decided to screw around in a competitive tournament hosted for them, spitting in the face of MLG and Sponsors basically. They agreed to split money after that match and possibly could have already decided who would throw. I will say it now, that is bullshit. People wonder why E-Sports still get a negative and unprofessional vibe. It's because of shit like this.
    This, precisely. These organizations are trying to grow professional Esports, and it is silly bullshit like this that gives it a bad rap.

The punishment is just - they need to set an example so this plague of unprofessional conduct does not spread any further.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    I have to say that unless the eye witnesses were MLG employees, employees of sponsors, or a few select others, AND were present for the entire conversation I would not count random people as credible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geist19 View Post
    I have to say that unless the eye witnesses were MLG employees, employees of sponsors, or a few select others, AND were present for the entire conversation I would not count random people as credible.
    That's like discounting an eye witness to a crime because he's not a cop. Doesn't work there, nor does it work here.

If Dig and Curse planned anything shame on them for trying to get away with it. It's a highly competitive game. People watch the tournaments for the competition, not to watch two teams screw around in an ARAM. This is why teams like CLG and TSM are the top teams. They play to win every game they are in not matter how much it matters. Dig should know better too since they were just in Korea and Crumbzz was saying how NA teams don't take the game as seriously as the Koreans, who are much better players.
    Last edited by Axethor; 2012-08-27 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    That

's like discounting an eye witness to a crime because he's not a cop. Doesn't work there, nor does it work here.
    Not the same thing, there are more people than cops that are credible witnesses. Overhearing a conversation (that was reported to be busy) through all the noise and get an accurate account of what was said without any audio or physical proof? Next witness please.

Did they ask Curse and Dig for receipts from dinner when this supposedly happened? Did they ask witnesses for the same?

Deleted
    Wow the LoL pro players are getting so spoiled by Riot and their big season 2 championship. Dignitas and Curse signed up for the tournament and they should do everything they can to win it. It is not fucking ok to say "well we don´t need to win the tournament at this point so we won´t even try". MLG did the right thing, if they woouldn´t have DQed the teams nobody would ever take LoL seriously as an esport.

Matchfixing is not ok and tournaments should never accept it. Curse and Dignitas you should be glad they got off this easy. There was once a Starcraft Brood War player found guilty of matchfixing, he was banned from pretty much every tournament ever.

Edit: He actually didn´t just get banned from any tournament, he had all his honors and rewards revoked and was sentenced to community service.
    Last edited by mmoc704a8b6868; 2012-08-27 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Wow the LoL pro players are getting so spoiled by Riot and their big season 2 championship. Dignitas and Curse signed up for the tournament and they should do everything they can to win it. It is not fucking ok to say "well we don´t need to win the tournament at this point so we won´t even try". MLG did the right thing, if they woouldn´t have DQed the teams nobody would ever take LoL seriously as an esport.

Matchfixing is not ok and tournaments should never accept it. Curse and Dignitas you should be glad they got off this easy. There was once a Starcraft Brood War player found guilty of matchfixing, he was banned from pretty much every tournament ever.

Edit: He actually didn´t just get banned from any tournament, he had all his honors and rewards revoked and was sentenced to community service.
    Fyi, the CEO of Curse is disputing the claims that any matchfixing or prize money sharing happened. He agrees with being disqualified, but only because he thinks the ARAM is unprofessional. The much more serious accusation is according to him, complete bullshit.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-08-27 at 03:42 PM.

Deleted
    And why would I believe him over Riot/MLG?