Your support should run exhaust.

Having ignite is fine till the lane phase, after that going in the middle of 5 people to ignite is not a very good idea. It's the same with heal, it is very effective in lane phase, but isn't very good after that, gives you only a slight survivability, maybe you can take an extra spell or AA, but that's it. Cleanse is pretty weak in lane phase, but shines against people will hard CC and Randuin's builders.

All in all, summer spell choice on ADC is far better, more engaging and opponent dependent then any other role, except maybe top. I wish it was this engaging on other roles as well.

That being said, I am running ghost/flash on Kog just to see how it works. Only played a couple of games with it, need a bit more testing to find how effective it is.

---------- Post added 2012-09-17 at 02:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    needs a slight buff on his ult and he will be an excellent pick for top lane. plus some mana issues that need to addressed.
    I donno know about the ulti, but he could use a slight buff in way or the other to make him much more competitive (he is not in a bad state in anyway but isn't top tier pick). I haven't played him enough in PvP to give an honest opinion or what he lacks, he has godly initiate, amazing team fight control, decent tankyness and an awesome ulti which has a little bit of everything. Donno how he isn't top tier with these things, it's a mystery to me.

He has such a smooth gameplay man, it's feel so good to play him. Every champion I play, I worry about by weaknesses and such, as J4, I'm so cool and relaxed.

DEEMMAACIIAAAAAA!

Love the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Heal is just really bad imo. If you don´t want ignite you might aswell run cleanse.
    I run cleanse all the time in solo as ADC. It's saved my bacon and helped with positioning (can't always assume teammates will peel the enemy team off you) way more than heal ever has.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    I donno know about the ulti, but he could use a slight buff in way or the other to make him much more competitive (he is not in a bad state in anyway but isn't top tier pick). I haven't played him enough in PvP to give an honest opinion or what he lacks, he has godly initiate, amazing team fight control, decent tankyness and an awesome ulti which has a little bit of everything. Donno how he isn't top tier with these things, it's a mystery to me.

He has such a smooth gameplay man, it's feel so good to play him. Every champion I play, I worry about by weaknesses and such, as J4, I'm so cool and relaxed.

DEEMMAACIIAAAAAA!

Love the guy.
    Try him on a smurf account, laugh as people can't escape your ulti without flash and get 20 stacks on your sword of the (tr)o(ll)ccult.
    Last edited by mmoca4d455c28a; 2012-09-17 at 04:18 PM. Reason: for some reason I didnt put the ] at end of quote :/

10+ Year Old Account
    man, duo Qing with people lower than you is risky lol. We went 4-1 for our games so we ended with a new elo gain, but losing 24 elo and gaining around 12 is kinda frustrating. That, and I was 13-3-x on shyvana then our graves left the game and they killed us all. So it should have been 5 wins. Oh wells, can't win them all.

But, getting closer to gold every day. It was 63 elo yesterday, now it's just 47. Which I suppose could be done in three games if I get lucky.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, why can't they look at Jarvan...especially his ult

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, why can't they look at Jarvan...especially his ult
    You think his ulti is broken because you can't get out of a ring for like 3seconds?
    Veigers stun ring.
    Amumu's ulti.
    there are more, but I'm having a brain-dumb.

Nothing is wrong with it.
    Both of those are much more potent, because atleast you can move in the ring unlike Mumu's.
    And in Veigers, get prepared to get nuked down in 2seconds.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

had a game that ran for 70min :P. lost a team fight because no one would go in >_> and got caught.

enemy team was pushing we voted surrender.... they finished off 1 nexus tower...then

INHIBITAOR RESPAWNED >_<. and yea.... we all revived and won the game!!

omg sometimes luck can win you a (ranked) game :P

@tango we had jarvan nunu and amumu(me) and we owned teamfights :P
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    You think his ulti is broken because you can't get out of a ring for like 3seconds?
    No. His ulti is broken because they gave half the cast dashes or other escapes. Way too many people can just get out and then laugh at the poor Jarvan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    No. His ulti is broken because they gave half the cast dashes or other escapes. Way too many people can just get out and then laugh at the poor Jarvan.
    J4: *ults* Now no one can escape me!
    *enemies use flash/dash/jump/teleport/etc.*
    J4: Aw shit. So much for impassable terrain.

Just think about every top tier pick, and I guarantee most have an escape that completely negate a J4 ulti, and thats not counting when flash is up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    The worst feeling is when people you least expect to escape the terrain do, i.e. a Trundle using a well-placed pillar to escape.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post

DEEMMAACIIAAAAAA!

Love the guy.
    he's an awesome pick. he used to be the GOD of top lane. he has some mana issues, but with proper managment, this issue can be somewhat negated. but his ult is a big issue imo.

at the moment, he is just outclassed HARD by many top laners.

his sustain...oh wait, he has none. he does a q+e combo and hes now gotta instantly worry about mana issues. his build REQUIRES him to get philo stone in almost EVERY scenario just to manage his health, mana.

Veigers stun ring.
    Amumu's ulti.
    there are more, but I'm having a brain-dumb.

Nothing is wrong with it.
    Both of those are much more potent, because atleast you can move in the ring unlike Mumu's.
    And in Veigers, get prepared to get nuked down in 2seconds.
    no, you misunderstood me. im saying his ult is broken because theres so many escapes that champs have now. also, ive had MANY instances where people just WALK right out of the ult...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I've just rediscovered my love for Shyvana. 2 ranked games, 2 more wins. Each one getting 8 kills and 10+ assists with only 1 or 2 deaths.

I used to play her a ton when she was released, but this was the old jungle and in lane, and I'm a stubborn player who refuses to change his ways. When the new jungle came out I continued to try the blue route on her and I wasn't doing so great. Since people rarely let you play her top lane (don't know why, especially since she can push like a boss then counter-jungle from top lane) and blue route clearly wasn't working, I dropped her in favor of my old stand bye Udyr (ironically, I've now dropped him as well since the new champs with all their escapes have left him in a bad spot).

Now that I am way better at the game and a lot more comfortable in the jungle, I've been playing more and more junglers that start red to great success. Now I've finally gotten back to Shyvana and I think with her I can finally pull myself out of the ELO I've been stuck in for months as I've refined my playstyle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Oh dear, how dare there be a counter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Oh dear, how dare there be a counter.
    It's not a counter when everyone and their mother can ignore it, it's a broken mechanic. Not the mention the multiple bugs like clipping though it with stuff like a fantastically placed Trundle pillar or Anivia wall, or just running through it cause you were caught on the edge. Any other terrain creation forces you to the closer side. J4s just lets you continue walking. And I've knocked people into it only to have them walk out cause they landed on the edge.

Deleted
    Yeah getting out with pillars and stuff is broken but other than that the ones that can get out are uh.
    Ahri, Akali, Amumu, Cait, Corki, Diana, Ezreal, Fiora, Fizz, Gragas, Graves, Hecarim(?), Irelia, J4, Jax, Kassadin, Katarina, LeBlanc, Lee Sin, Leona, Yi, Naut(Does dredge line count it as terrain?), Pantheon, Renekton, Riven(Is her dash long enough?), Sejuani, Shaco, Shen, Talon, Tristana, Tryndamere, Wukong and Xin.

That's 33 out of 104 or so champions not counting ultimates which would realistically have been used already or difficult to get off like Skyfall or Crowstorm but counting abilities which are short-range on-target leaps like Aegis of Zeonia which could easily be outranged by the people standing outside and skillshots which are not guaranteed to hit like bandage toss.

So yeah 33% at the absolute most is not "everyone and their mother."

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Riven(Is her dash long enough?)
    Riven can escape with Q and E. Also you forget Alistar Nidalee Poppy Ziggs Rengar (limited). There are also champions that cannot escape the arena but can shove J4 out of it. But the kicker is the overlord Flash.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't think Flash is such a huge problem when it comes to J4's ultimate. It lets you get rid of a 2 minute cooldown, which in itself is a fair exchange.

It's slightly different when it comes to all the 10-20second cooldowns.

Slightly outdated list (only lists 95 of the champions): http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1873046
    That already has 45 of the champions able to get out. I would assume some of the newer ones can do it as well (or, conversely, knock J4 out, such as Jayce).

Deleted
    Okay so that makes it 37 and counting people who can knock out but can't otherwise escape that makes it Orianna (with some seriously terrible positioning on J4), Janna (with a way wasted ult if you ask me), Jayce, Singed, Voli and Vayne (if you ask me, this is a bug) for a grand total of 43

Yeah getting out with pillars and stuff is broken but other than that the ones that can get out are uh.
    Ahri, Akali, Amumu, Cait, Corki, Diana, Ezreal, Fiora, Fizz, Gragas, Graves, Hecarim(?), Irelia, J4, Jax, Kassadin, Katarina, LeBlanc, Lee Sin, Leona, Yi, Naut(Does dredge line count it as terrain?), Pantheon, Renekton, Riven(Is her dash long enough?), Sejuani, Shaco, Shen, Talon, Tristana, Tryndamere, Wukong and Xin.

That's 33 out of 104 or so champions not counting ultimates which would realistically have been used already or difficult to get off like Skyfall or Crowstorm but counting abilities which are short-range on-target leaps like Aegis of Zeonia which could easily be outranged by the people standing outside and skillshots which are not guaranteed to hit like bandage toss.

So yeah 33% at the absolute most is not "everyone and their mother."
    stop_bro

theres also a problem of people WALKING out of the ult. not to mention jarvan has NO sustain and gets shut down by many top laners. he needs serious attention to be even considered at high elo let alone tournament play.

Deleted
    Aaah, the glory of Pantheon/Xin Zhao kill lanes bot ^^