Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    I'm convinced Trynd will be a high tier jungler season 3.
    I doubt it, he didn't do well in season 2's jungle and I don't see him doing well in this one but I haven't played the new jungle, so I don't know.

Still...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I doubt it, he didn't do well in season 2's jungle and I don't see him doing well in this one but I haven't played the new jungle, so I don't know.

Still...
    1) It's more single target orientated
    2) Sustain is huge due to leashing changes/camps hitting harder
    3) More focused around farming the jungle than ganking early levels
    4) High mobility at an early level
    5) With how powerful Trynd can be when farmed, he should be levelled ahead of the enemy ADC/Support (Riot poster said level-wise, junglers were between the solo lanes and the bottom lane)

Deleted
    Hm, it's more centered on single target? That's nice for champions like Trynn and WW then.

Deleted
    Hm, it's more centered on single target? That's nice for champions like Trynn and WW then.
    No more aoe'ing jungle camps down for fash $$$

Deleted
    No more aoe'ing jungle camps down for fash $$$
    That's cool.

Hehe, I guess anyone could jungle if they have sustain and some armor runes, I guess... :b

Deleted
    That's cool.

Hehe, I guess anyone could jungle if they have sustain and some armor runes, I guess... :b
    Which is why I think Trundle/Trynd will be so good. They both have really good sustain, with the machete, I can see them clearing camps relatively safely.

Deleted
    Yeah. Also, if the jungle is more focused on getting levels fast and money too isntead of the usual gank after blue/red buff, which I fucking hate doing, then I'm sure I'll like this new jungle.

Deleted
    Yeah. Also, if the jungle is more focused on getting levels fast and money too isntead of the usual gank after blue/red buff, which I fucking hate doing, then I'm sure I'll like this new jungle.
    Same, I played Shyvanna for so long in 5's with my friends, but had to stop as they couldn't win a lane alone, so had to pick up more gank heavy champions. I love the farming > Turning up to a lane and smashing someone shitless.

Im considering picking up Shaco as well for S3 (as long as they don't nerf boxes again) - Just to throw a spanner in the works and concentrate more on countering the other jungler (Less safe clears = more gank opportunity)
    Last edited by mmoc2bcebb3185; 2012-11-18 at 01:06 AM.

Deleted
    Same, I played Shyvanna for so long in 5's with my friends, but had to stop as they couldn't win a lane alone, so had to pick up more gank heavy champions. I love the farming > Turning up to a lane and smashing someone shitless.
    Hehe, indeed! I also have that problem with Shyvana, that's why I hate to pick her because games are so reliant on early ganks, and if you fail, bang, she gets totally shitty and it gets pretty hard for her to get back on the game.

I'm not an experienced jungler, but I am in mid/late gameplay, but really, I don't know much about jungling, ganks and the jungle itself, paths, etc etc, so I don't know.

Deleted
    Hehe, indeed! I also have that problem with Shyvana, that's why I hate to pick her because games are so reliant on early ganks, and if you fail, bang, she gets totally shitty and it gets pretty hard for her to get back on the game.

I'm not an experienced jungler, but I am in mid/late gameplay, but really, I don't know much about jungling, ganks and the jungle itself, paths, etc etc, so I don't know.
    Pretty much been playing Top + Jungle exclusively this season (Because the champion pool overlaps so nicely)

Deleted
    I dislike top because of the whole snowball concept.

I can play top, if needed be, and do it well, but snowball and my gamestyle doesn't suit top very well.

That's why I rather play jungle, mid, ad carry or support, preferring ad carry and mid.

10+ Year Old Account
    IronStylus statement regarding Nami's design.

50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.
    This statement is not assuring at all, and gives people the impression that Riot won't change anything about female champion design and continue to roll out females that look like trailer trash whores, just because sex sells and they want the $$$ more than actual champion diversity.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Iron Stylus so much more than I already did for putting that whole speech to "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid.

On topic, Nami isn't even that bad. It complements her design so well, I honesty don't think I could see her any other way. If you think about it, she's not actually wearing clothing and it is just her skin popping up in a weird frill. I wish people would stop focusing on the fact that the women have huge breasts, and instead focus on how it pushes forward the theme of those characters. Put the same outfit on a non-attractive women, and you would have people complain as well. You would also have a horribly designed character.

Then again, I'm guy who enjoys a pretty face as much as the next, so maybe I'm biased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I love Iron Stylus so much more than I already did for putting that whole speech to "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid.

On topic, Nami isn't even that bad. It complements her design so well, I honesty don't think I could see her any other way. If you think about it, she's not actually wearing clothing and it is just her skin popping up in a weird frill. I wish people would stop focusing on the fact that the women have huge breasts, and instead focus on how it pushes forward the theme of those characters. Put the same outfit on a non-attractive women, and you would have people complain as well. You would also have a horribly designed character.

Then again, I'm guy who enjoys a pretty face as much as the next, so maybe I'm biased.
    The issue people have with Riot's female champion design is that there were times where they gave fanservice for the sake of it, and not to fit the champion's background. Officer Caitlyn was one of the worst offenders, turning out to be another "sex sells" skin instead of a typical outfit an actual office would don. I also have heard some of the same negative response to Fiora's Headmistress skin, although at that time people had the assumption that it would be fanservice based on what Riot has put out in the past.

They're also very hesitant about giving a female champ smaller than average breast size, or no breasts at all, on a champ that is not named Annie, Anivia, or a yordle. Not to mention that they said that Urgot and Trundle were failures asthetic and design-wise that we'll probably never see another actual female monster champion, not even a female anthropomorphic one on the lines of a female Nasus/Renekton. Riot could probably make a killing by making a female anthro, either by making her the same trash whore look because sex sells, and even if they made her conservatively dressed, I would think that people would go for the yiff nonetheless.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-11-18 at 02:14 AM.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    I don't mind Nami's concept, I actually think it's pretty unique.

The problem, with what he stated, is that they are going to make all women beautiful, or use the same type of modelling, and that all women want to be that beautiful or have concept X all the time.

If that's what he means, the Riot is incredibly biased and doesn't want to try new things, a woman's concept, for no apparent reason other than the one a woman always wants to look as beautiful as Riot's concepts, if that makes any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind Nami's concept, I actually think it's pretty unique.

The problem, with what he stated, is that they are going to make all women beautiful, or use the same type of modelling, and that all women want to be that beautiful or have concept X all the time.

If that's what he means, the Riot is incredibly biased and doesn't want to try new things, a woman's concept, for no apparent reason other than the one a woman always wants to look as beautiful as Riot's concepts, if that makes any sense.
    The sad thing is, when I took at look at DOTA 2, their female designs aren't that much different from Riot's. Aside from Broodmother being an actual monster and not a humanoid, they freely gave cleavage to most of the females in that game too.

I guess they got the Urgot/Trundle fiascos too grained deeply into them that they'll only go the safe route with champion design, and not try something different.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-11-18 at 02:18 AM.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    I guess they got the Urgot/Trundle fiascos too grained deeply into them that they'll only go the safe route with champion design, and not try something different.
    It sucks, because the both concepts of Urgot and Trundle, no matter how disgusting they might look, are good!

I don't understand why Riot, or any other company, doesn't want to expand their minds and art, why they don't want to experiment, it sickens me.

Riot has amazing artist and they won't do new things simply because it's "disgusting", "creepy", etc, and also because people will complain.

It's sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sucks, because the both concepts of Urgot and Trundle, no matter how disgusting they might look, are good!

I don't understand why Riot, or any other company, doesn't want to expand their minds and art, why they don't want to experiment, it sickens me.

Riot has amazing artist and they won't do new things simply because it's "disgusting", "creepy", etc, and also because people will complain.

It's sad.
    Urgot's issues were people being turned off from playing him due to him being that levels of grotesque, and his kit being radically different from what most champions would have at the time. The latest set of nerfs for him were overkill and turned him from a tournament pick into a non-existent one.

Trundle didn't have the same level of issues asthetics-wise, but his kit is seen to be boring from a first glance. He doesn't a flashy nuke spell or a fancy dash. The S3 jungle changes do look promising that he'll see more play once again.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    The issue people have with Riot's female champion design is that there were times where they gave fanservice for the sake of it, and not to fit the champion's background. Officer Caitlyn was one of the worst offenders, turning out to be another "sex sells" skin instead of a typical outfit an actual office would don. I also have heard some of the same negative response to Fiora's Headmistress skin, although at that time people had the assumption that it would be fanservice based on what Riot has put out in the past.
    Isn't that what skins are for though? Riot has said multiple times that the skins mostly aren't canonical or realistic. They are first and foremost for fun. If people are buying a champ just for the skin then Riot is doing something right. Whether it's a sexy lady or a badass robot, both sell well, just one has a whole social movement trying to stop what makes it possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Isn't that what skins are for though? Riot has said multiple times that the skins mostly aren't canonical or realistic. They are first and foremost for fun. If people are buying a champ just for the skin then Riot is doing something right. Whether it's a sexy lady or a badass robot, both sell well, just one has a whole social movement trying to stop what makes it possible.
    I agree that Riot is doing a good job with skins that have been released in the last two months, or maybe more, I love their job!

But I want more stuff that is different. Why would I want this? Because I know they can make more than what they are already doing, and it's pretty stupid that they aren't doing new stuff because of some stupid minority of players.