InGame character names

Hey wondering if anyone else feels the same, if you don't have an opinion, don't post here please. Before the QQ that this should be on the blizz forums starts - don't - again - its not my grand intention to have this changed - but to get peoples thoughts.

That being said - the question at hand...

Do we feel blizz should be able to purge names from the character DB. I often find myself trying to create names but can - because later upon a quick armory search its tagged to some level 1 toon.

No there would need to be some stipulations on this - not just based on level - but account activity, game time on the toon, has it ever logged in etc.

This might stop people having to create names they are a) not ideally happy with, b) having to use ALT KEYS (some may like this, personally it pains me) c) having to spell it with double letters etc

Regards,

10+ Year Old Account
    If there's a name you want and a level 1 character has it, contact a GM. They can reset the name and make it available if they agree that the character isn't being used.

I completely agree, it's so annoying. When I first started playing wow almost 4 years ago I wanted to name my char Armageddon, but the name was taken so I added that dude on my friends list to see who it was- 4 years later and I still haven't seen that fucker log on
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Deleted
    I hate this whenever I find a very, very good name. I always end up with either using the ALT button (which I only used once because I hate it), with additional letters (which screws the name up aswell) or with a worse name.
    I wanted my DK to be Nyx (Greek Mythology) but it was already taken by someone who wasn't on the armory (aka lower than level 10) so I had to go with Nyxxa. Now she is called Dosvidanja ("Goodbye" in Russian).

If it's not available it wasn't original enough to begin with and I should just try to find a different name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    If there's a name you want and a level 1 character has it, contact a GM. They can reset the name and make it available if they agree that the character isn't being used.
    This exactly. If it truly isn't being used than you can get a GM to put a name change on that toon and give you the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    If it's not available it wasn't original enough to begin with and I should just try to find a different name.
    Thanks for the insightful post - your truly a credit to humanity. You don't read instructions well do you.

---------- Post added 2011-06-06 at 12:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    This exactly. If it truly isn't being used than you can get a GM to put a name change on that toon and give you the name.
    yeh this is a good point - the service is "available" for those that want to chase it up. It still a pain to do it most times and something automated might be a good solution.

Deleted
    Story of my life.
    I tried to name my new druid toon BearGrylls.
    Apparently it was taken...
    Hmmm what should I do...Ah i think it's time to drink my own piss.