Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

/roar and Death Knights

So along with the new /roar emotes to all races will there be a DK version for all of them?
    Give me the news.

10+ Year Old Account
    The DK voices are just a voice modulator over the normal voices. It should apply to every emote, even new ones, but I can check the PTR real quick.

EDIT: Just checked, and yeah, the modulation is applied to the roar sound too.
    Last edited by Rivin; 2011-06-06 at 12:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    The DK voices are just a voice modulator over the normal voices. It should apply to every emote, even new ones, but I can check the PTR real quick.

EDIT: Just checked, and yeah, the modulation is applied to the roar sound too.
    Awesome, probly sounds pretty intimidating.

I hope theres some sort of limit you can do...tons of idiots gona be spamming the fuck out of roars. ie macroing roar into every single ability

Quote Originally Posted by Obese View Post
    I hope theres some sort of limit you can do...tons of idiots gona be spamming the fuck out of roars. ie macroing roar into every single ability
    just turn your sound off,i dont even play with sound(i usually listen to music while i play)

The roar sound can only be heard by you.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velyndina View Post
    Oh thank god, I remember when I was in the beta

SUNFLOWER
    SUNFLOWER
    SUNFLOWER
    SUNFLOWER
    SUNFLOWER

You know this for certain? I find it odd an emote can only be heard by you....

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    You know this for certain? I find it odd an emote can only be heard by you....
    It can only be heard by you. If you want to be certain, go on the PTR and ask somebody to type /roar near you like I did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orc: "EUAAAAARGH!"
    Tauren: "RAAAAAWGH!"
    Forsaken: "YAAAAAAGH!"
    Troll: "RRUUUAAAAARGH!"
    Blood Elf Female: "FOR THE GLORY OF QUEL'THALAS."

Me: "....."

Worgen Male/Female DK's roar sounds naughty as hell. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Seriously this. I'm a high-speed, low-drag, supah-healah. Doling out the feel-goods LIKE A BAWS, keeping everyone shiny, happy and cool. Staying on top of my game, even in a combat situati....THERE'S THAT DAMN GROUNDHOG AGAIN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSoup View Post
    Orc: "EUAAAAARGH!"
    Tauren: "RAAAAAWGH!"
    Forsaken: "YAAAAAAGH!"
    Troll: "RRUUUAAAAARGH!"
    Blood Elf Female: "FOR THE GLORY OF QUEL'THALAS."

Me: "....."
    My thoughts exactly :P

10+ Year Old Account
    COLLEGE DO NOT FAIL

..Honestly the best one is......Worgen human and worgen form
    Howay the lads!

It can only be heard by you. If you want to be certain, go on the PTR and ask somebody to type /roar near you like I did.
    Thats the thing though. Its the PTR. whether this was intentional or not I'd love to know for certain.

If only the user can hear it it just sounds like a /script playsound placeholder or something.

Thats the thing though. Its the PTR. whether this was intentional or not I'd love to know for certain.

If only the user can hear it it just sounds like a /script playsound placeholder or something.
    Everyone used to be able to hear it. Now you can't, either it was hotfixed or I just didn't notice it after a patch. Personally I'd like everyone to hear it because...you're roaring! You CAN disable emote sounds so I don't think it would be a problem if they change it back.

Just imagine having everyone /roaring in a BG before running into battle
    Last edited by Velyndina; 2011-06-06 at 04:19 AM.

Everyone used to be able to hear it. Now you can't, either it was hotfixed or I just didn't notice it after a patch. Personally I'd like everyone to hear it because...you're roaring! You CAN disable emote sounds so I don't think it would be a problem if they change it back.

Just imagine having everyone /roaring in a BG before running into battle
    Exactly! I want people to HEAR my rooooooooar! I was gonna macro it to my Warrior's Charge ability.

Exactly! I want people to HEAR my rooooooooar! I was gonna macro it to my Warrior's Charge ability.
    I like that idea.

I really hope it's not something other people can hear. The AH is already a noisy enough place as it is, what with that annoying slobbery sloppy jowl slap noise all the Winterspring/Jaguar cubs make, as well as the hunter cat pets, and all the bedamned Worgen slobber noises. They really need to make those player-specific, and not world noises.

15+ Year Old Account
    What was the point of tie the roar sound to the emote if no one else heard it? You could just make a macro for the sound+emote instead. Since the roar sound was ingame if you used /script PlaySoundFile ("blablabla_HumanMale.mp3") and then a /roar :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah. This must be the reason why my goblin /roars during certain bosses when they cast an aoe debuff on the group, but no one else does the sound.