Poll: Who would win in a fight?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Louisville was where I was born and I still vote Bruce Lee.

martial arts > boxing

i mean boxing? really? they use gloves for crying out loud. would be like a rogue ambushing a naked mage, ali wouldn't even know what hit him.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    It's a demonstration, of course he's not going to put force behind that kick. If it wasn't and he actually did put force in that kick he could break your kneecap at the speed of light.
    You don't break a kneecap just like that, You can dislocate it but that will practically only happen when you get hit perfectly while your body is fully supporting your whole body and you lock your knees. In kickboxing for instance you see that the front leg is always a little elevated to reduce impact and so the kneecap doesn't (hardly ever) gets dislocated.

Boxing doesn't do this but they are trained to keep bobbing (jumprope training) which means they never really lock their knees neither.

In fact, he would probably try to hit the liver or any other painspot. Hitting a knee with full force will only injure your own foot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    You don't break a kneecap just like that, You can dislocate it but that will practically only happen when you get hit perfectly while your body is fully supporting your whole body and you lock your knees. In kickboxing for instance you see that the front leg is always a little elevated to reduce impact and so the kneecap doesn't (hardly ever) gets dislocated.

Boxing doesn't do this but they are trained to keep bobbing (jumprope training) which means they never really lock their knees neither.

In fact, he would probably try to hit the liver or any other painspot. Hitting a knee with full force will only injure your own foot.
    And this has still anything to do with your power comment how? Bruce Lee could kick his knee (with force) like that for a million times basically, there would be little that Ali could do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    And this has still anything to do with your power comment how? Bruce Lee could kick his knee (with force) like that for a million times basically, there would be little that Ali could do about it.
    He could try it a couple of times unexpectedly. He would not succeed for the reasons I mentioned above. After the max 3rd or 4th time Ali would counter by stepping forward making bruces kick not hit correctly and more important unbalance him. Ali standing toe to toe to an unbalanced, not having his chin covered bruce needs no further explanation.

Also, I mentioned that besides the force (which he more then likely does not have, unless ali has his knee locked) he also needs to hit him perfect which means factors out of bruces control (ali bobbing).