Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukki View Post
    I know, but there are better sources for this kind of thing.
    Wikipedia isn't bad. Thankfully, they have citations so if you question the validity of something on that website you can check the citation to see the credibility. It's hard, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    So if I hack the system of my neighbor, the US is allowed to nuke my ass into oblivion? Interesting.
    Nukes are SOOOOOOOOOO 1940. That and I'm pretty sure trying to hack government related items are more the boat Killer is aimed at. That or he's mentally incompetent for thinking that general hacking is caught in such regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    Nukes are SOOOOOOOOOO 1940. That and I'm pretty sure trying to hack government related items are more the boat Killer is aimed at. That or he's mentally incompetent for thinking that general hacking is caught in such regard.
    I was aiming my comment at the fact that they have hacked into government related websites(senate.gov,FBI sites,etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    You're free to read the actual bills linked there instead of just being an ass.
    Doesn't change the fact its just illegal. Not terrorism, which is the "fact" it was stated to be.

Regardless, I don't see why everyone is so bent out of shape about this. Let Lulzsec do, what Lulzsec wants, and let those who wish to stop them, stop them. You people are powerless, and just complain as a monotonous droning mass, throwing about accusations and insults. If anyone should be mad, it should be the developers who are hit, not the random mob of netizens have now have to spend a few hours in the sunlight because their game got dos'd.

When credit card information was taken from Sony, there was a right to be concerned. People agreed with them, and people worried about what information was taken. Its things like that, that warranted valid complaints. Now? Everyone just complains simply because this exists. Enough is enough. Nothing can be done about it. Sit back, sip a beverage of your choosing, and enjoy the show while it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukki View Post
    I know, but there are better sources for this kind of thing.
    The bottom of a Wikipedia page has sources compiled so that you can see where the information is coming from. In the case of bills/acts/laws, it will most likely link to the actual government or otherwise official web site that displays the full text of said bill/act/law.

If you don't trust Wikipedia, you could take a look at those sources.

Untill they hack something like WoW.. Microsoft or Symantec.. I'm thinking they are pretty much just lulz themselves.. granted not sure WoW can be hacked.. if it could I'm pretty sure it would have been by now...

Quote Originally Posted by keRmis View Post
    People going all shitcrazy now when they're doing this, you know, the intentions were pretty clear from the beginning : Lulz sec. Though, I'm enjoying this at the moment.
    Nothing to enjoy... Minecraft EVE and LoL? They are nothing more than a bunch of kids that don't care about the consequences of their actions... They only annoyed the players of those games... Not the companies... So... What's to enjoy on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Solar79 View Post
    Untill they hack something like WoW.. Microsoft or Symantec.. I'm thinking they are pretty much just lulz themselves.. granted not sure WoW can be hacked.. if it could I'm pretty sure it would have been by now...
    This isn't really hacking. Its overloading a server with to many hits. And yes, Blizzard servers are probably just as vulnerable.

Hacking is where you gain unauthorized access to a computer to either damage it or steal information.

Why are they hacking all these companies precisely? Just for the fun of it? Seems to me that their hacking "skills" could be used for way greater purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    When credit card information was taken from Sony, there was a right to be concerned.
    Source? I don't remember any confirmation of CC data being taken.

And why shouldn't people complain when others are doing something they disagree with?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitchkart View Post
    The bottom of a Wikipedia page has sources compiled so that you can see where the information is coming from. In the case of bills/acts/laws, it will most likely link to the actual government or otherwise official web site that displays the full text of said bill/act/law.

If you don't trust Wikipedia, you could take a look at those sources.
    /tinfoil hat on

Maybe the distrust of Wikipedia comes from the distrust of those sources...

/tinfoil hat off

It gets annoying when people hate on Wikipedia with six year old arguments...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    a government controls the internet within their borders due to the companies supplying the links answers to the government, but in a broad sense no single entity has control of more than a portion of access to the internet, not the content in itself which no-one has control over.
    A single entity or multiple entities, it is still someone/something in control of the internet. Content has even more control over it, as the owner of the server/hard-drive that content is located on has the control.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    Doesn't change the fact its just illegal. Not terrorism, which is the "fact" it was stated to be.
    Several people claimed terrorism, several people claimed illegality, I only supported the claim of illegality, not terrorism. That said, if the US government decides someone's a terrorist, well then they're just fucked.

Regardless, I don't see why everyone is so bent out of shape about this. Let Lulzsec do, what Lulzsec wants, and let those who wish to stop them, stop them. You people are powerless, and just complain as a monotonous droning mass, throwing about accusations and insults. If anyone should be mad, it should be the developers who are hit, not the random mob of netizens have now have to spend a few hours in the sunlight because their game got dos'd.
    Oh take your self-righteous sheeple crap and piss off. We pay good money for the things we want to do and these jerkoffs don't have any right to crash stuff we paid for 'cause it's funny. You think someone slashing your tires is funny? You think someone smashing your windows is funny? No? Then why is this funny?

When credit card information was taken from Sony, there was a right to be concerned. People agreed with them, and people worried about what information was taken. Its things like that, that warranted valid complaints. Now? Everyone just complains simply because this exists. Enough is enough. Nothing can be done about it. Sit back, sip a beverage of your choosing, and enjoy the show while it lasts.
    No, because these idiots are distracting from the problem of REAL hackers who have malicious intent, and in the end they're going to cost me more money when the government restricts internet usage and companies start charging more for their products and foisting more DRM crap on legitimiate customers.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    Jesus. It's only a matter of time till they rape WoW xD

I bet they are working for blizzard. They are just bringing down competition. or... burning loose ends

Deleted
    they have labelled today as "Titanic Take-down Tuesday" lol <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Why are they hacking all these companies precisely? Just for the fun of it? Seems to me that their hacking "skills" could be used for way greater purposes.
    Same question as "why do people troll?"... there is no definite answer to that... other than... "Because they can."

15+ Year Old Account
    You can add League of Legends to that list

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    There doing it because people called there number and asked them to. Thats the only reason

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Source? I don't remember any confirmation of CC data being taken.

And why shouldn't people complain when others are doing something they disagree with?
    Then my mistake? I remember them saying there was a possibility credit card information was taken. Regardless if it was, or wasn't, it still was a valid reason to complain.

As to why people shouldn't complain, have you been reading at all? What has all this complaining done to stop them, exactly. Its only fed the lulz train, and from what I've seen in this particular thread, everyone is more busy fighting each other than they are screaming at the sky over how terrible Lulzsec is for knocking down their login servers.

The complaints are more annoying than Lulzsec, at least Lulzsec accomplished something when they post on their Twitter feed.

EDIT: Smrund, you PAY for Eve Online? You PAY for League of Legends? Step off. I'm not being self-righteous, nor am I pressing anything. I'm simply saying the complaints are more obnoxious than Lulzsec, because at least Lulzsec gets shit done.

You don't pay for a damned thing. None of the things that have been taken down have taken money, whether it be subscription or direct fee's, at all. Step off your high horse and chill.
    Last edited by A Challenger!; 2011-06-14 at 08:34 PM.

Deleted
    i can kind of understand the attacking of high profit and greedy organizations who set out to screw people over, but attacking a free game? Seems like they're fighting a lost cause to me...