Poll: Do you think the starting portion of the Dragonswrath quest should have been changed?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deluhathol View Post
    I think that this has been the case with all legendaries, unless I missed something no legendary so far had a requirement regarding content that wasn't current

So why should this one be any different?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=22589
    Atiesh required you to do both naxx40 and aq40

10+ Year Old Account
    One would say that the quest chain is a challenge enough but I feel like its devalueing the "epic-ness" of the quest story line by allowing everyone off the steet to get started.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ezmage View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=22589
    Atiesh required you to do both naxx40 and aq40
    To obtain one item off one boss, not to start the quest.

---------- Post added 2011-06-15 at 09:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nyghtfall View Post
    One would say that the quest chain is a challenge enough but I feel like its devalueing the "epic-ness" of the quest story line by allowing everyone off the steet to get started.
    Who cares?! Ok they can start the quest chain, woo hoo. One could start the quest chain for Shadowmourne just by walking into the instance and talking to the NPC.

Having a quest in your quest log =/= Having a legendary in your bags

Anyone who can kill Ragnaros and actually obtain the legendary is more than good enough to fit this stupid T11 requirement. So what happens when you put that extra step in there, I switch my main from tank to my mage for T12 and OOPS my guild has to go back and spend a progression night farming nerfed as hell T11 just so I can get a silly condition done to start a quest? Makes no sense.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2011-06-15 at 04:10 PM.

war glaives - no prior content
    legendary bow - no prior content
    healing mace - no prior content
    shadowmourne - no prior content

I'm ok with this. Also how incomplete is your life if you seriously care if some guy you will never know in real life will have an orange?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I'm ok with this. Also how incomplete is your life if you seriously care if some guy you will never know in real life will have an orange?
    The more people have something the less unique it is. Nothing unnatural about this, it's the case for mounts as well, you're a lot less likely to desire and use a certain mount if every single person on the server has it. Or at least most people are. So I can understand any complaints regarding the difficulty of obtaining a legendary, an orange really shouldn't be a joke to get. But with that said, this T11 thing adds 0 challenge to the obtaining of it so it's pointless.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    I don't understand how anyone could possibly think that requirement was a good idea. If they required you to clear heroic T11 then maybe one could take the elitist douche approach and say that's good... but we're talking normal mode T11. That's not a challenge to determine skill, that's just a tedious extra step.
    It's also a step that punishes your entire raid. Why should the classes that can't use the staff be forced to run the old content. Could you imagine a new recruit or alt asking the guild to run t11 with them just so they can start the quest chain. You have to be fair to all parties involved. besides, like others have said, no legendary has required you to run old content in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's understandable why they changed it. It would be fairly annoying to go back through the content for someone who switched mains or just recently started playing, especially considering that that particular content will be nerfed to oblivion anyway.

I actually voted no, though I would probably change my vote to indifferent if I could. The argument doesn't apply to me at this point, being a caster main with the previously-required content clear, so I honestly don't care how they start the first quest. Consider Shadow's Edge: all you had to do was waltz in the front door of ICC as a DK, pally or warrior. Either way, there will always be people starting the chain who imagine they might be one of the first with the final staff but will probably not create the finished version until several tiers of content later, much like Shadowmourne.
    Last edited by Nah; 2011-06-15 at 04:38 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    But its 100000000000% true, they dont....
    Oh please, just say a BADDIE doesn't deserve it. a Casual is someone who does it's very best with limited time and I've seen some good casual guilds out there decimate other raiding guilds full time; Sad isn't it? I mean they have limited time yet they still completely crush those other raiding guilds because there horrible am I right? They should have the same rewards in terms the legendary

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was a nice way to do it (having the requirement). But I really don't care about the change because, like others have said, if you can't kill the 4.2 nerfed T11 content then you won't be completing the quest. So it doesn't really matter, and I can even see why they made the change. Other legendaries haven't had those requirements but that's also one of the reasons that I liked the change - I was hoping it would be something they would do with legendaries from here on out. I like the idea of having to conquer the previous tier to be "worthy" to start the quest.

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter. Anyone who could ensemble the freaking legendary could clear normal T11 with their eyes closed, especially in 378s.

The change changes nothing. They might as well require you to go clear Naxx and normal Deadmines while you're at it.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to point out an alterior motive in this poll.

To the current amount of 72 people (over half) of those that have voted "Yes" so far, I ask you this.

Why is it okay to have to go back just to get one legendary item quest started, but it's NOT okay to go back to get your weekly Valor cap?

The right answer was clearly no if you think that Valor caps not needing to require heroics or older heroic mode content was a necessary change, but you're all obviously blinded by your own elitism to understand that.

That is all. Thank you for once again proving that most of you only care about yourselves and not what would actually be better for the community at large.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    I expect them to make understandable decisions. Which they have.
    Yea because clearing the previous tier is just unacceptable. Soon to be a nerfed to the ground tier.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
    Yea because clearing the previous tier is just unacceptable. Soon to be a nerfed to the ground tier.
    Yes it seems clearing previous Tier heroic modes for Valor points was unacceptable. This change is no different.

Deal with it.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    The molten lord is just before Ragnaros,
    just saying. gl

I made a mage just to get this legendary and im 10/12 on it because I haven't focused on clearing 12/12 on it, the requirement would be laughably easy post 4.2 so i see it as uneeded, but it really wouldnt matter to me if they reinstated it.

I voted on the "indifferent" option. Also I would like to add that this is the first poll I've seen on MMO-Champ that doesn't have clearly biased poll options.

Clap clap to FenixDown.
    Lolinternet.

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    Yes I agree, all it is; Just more of it being tedious and time consuming and yes I understand it's a legendary but T11 is a joke now thanks to those nerfs etc

Mini boss? Jeez more like a trash mob ahahaha

With that being said -

If you could not clear T11 normals or even with the nerfs, How will you kill Ragnaros?
    That's what blizzard realized, and is probably why it was reverted.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

If you never killed the previous end bosses, you're NOT going to get Dragonwrath anyways, or at least not for a long time.

The point is, it wouldn't have made any difference with acquiring the legendary staff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    If you could not clear T11 normals or even with the nerfs, How will you kill Ragnaros?
    And not being able to kill Ragnaros has what to do with beginning the Legendary quest chain?

All I see in this thread is QQ that more people will be able to START the quest than before the change. So what? It's about how many that finishes that matters anyway, or are you afraid that as a result of more having the quest there will be less Living Embers for you to buy?

If Blizzard never said anything about who could start the quest this type of QQ would never have come up because there was no requirements to start any of the earlier Legendary quests or even acquire them other than being a specific class for some.

yes, because otherwise people, like people, will QQ about "oh it's not fair you're making us redo these nerfed raids uch"