Immolate Dispel Protection

So ever since they removed the 3% crit from the Backlash talent its felt rather weak to me, especially considering its position in the tree and that its a 3 point talent still. my idea is to add a 33/66/100% chance that when your Immo is dispelled your next immolate is instant cast. the 8 second duration and 8 second cd already in place for Backlash could work for this effect too imo. you could use the proc instantly or save it depending on the situation. it wouldnt give us 100% immo uptime as we would be still be vulnerable to dispel spam but destro already has a lot of instant casts so this feels like it fits with the playstyle. thoughts?

Deleted
    Not weak at all, since it is pretty impossible to get an incinerate off while being trained by melee.
    A better idea for dispel protection would be an interrupt immunity buff similar to the priests inner focus talent when immolate is dispelled, which would counter destructions two main problems in PvP (too many cast time spells & having immolate dispelled).
    Also, changing immolate so that it doesn't have a facing requirement (similar to UA) would make the spec easier without making it overpowered.
    Last edited by mmoccf3eda8013; 2011-06-15 at 07:05 PM.

immolate has a facing requirement because it does upfront damage.

i don't think anything warrants changing that at this point

Maybe if they do it to work like the new "fix" for ele shammans, a haste buff should do it

never going to happen, sorry

Not weak at all, since it is pretty impossible to get an incinerate off while being trained by melee.
    my point wasnt that the backlash effect was weak, just that the talent is pretty far down the tree and costs points 3 for ONLY that effect. maybe I should have said it felt under budget.

A better idea for dispel protection would be an interrupt immunity buff similar to the priests inner focus talent when immolate is dispelled
    Maybe if they do it to work like the new "fix" for ele shammans, a haste buff should do it
    either way, id rather they come up with something new than just rehash some other form of dispel protection, also since we already have a casting speed buff from conflag another would be redundant. destruction pvp already functions heavily around instant casts so this felt appropriate.
    Last edited by Kauterize; 2011-06-16 at 03:14 PM.