Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why tanks deserve their free satchel

Alright all of you DPSer's, tanks deserve that satchel that they earn when doing a random dungeon. You may be a smart DPS, but for every smart DPS, there are 3 idiots. I have tried doing Zul'Gurub so many times and have yet to complete it. None of the DPS are capable of handling doing a real task after 3 games of just stabbing a boss. I had to two man the first boss in ZG the past 3 times because the DPS can not stand out of the poison. And the satchel is not even worth it, all you ever get it about 50g and a gem.

...This is already known, all this does is cause flame fest.

jw where you get your statistics and uhh maybe it isnt the dps nor the healer????

Kudos, you've made an original post. But seriously, there is an equal % of bad tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet dps get nothing for dealing with retard tanks.

PS

"Deserve" is probably the most misused word of all time.

thats why i Q with my guildies, i dont get satchel but i dont get mad

"all you ever get it about 50g and a gem."

Not at all true, many people get decent rewards from it, you just haven't got enough satchels, you don't think they'd throw a mount in everyone's first satchel do you? I myself managed to get the Raven Lord mount out of it.

Deleted
    I recently came back after a 2-3 months break, and i was able to oneshot both ZG and ZA with a pug (Missed the bear by 10-15 secs, and i fcuked that up.)
    You are just unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    You're the common denominator in all the fail groups you get. Just saying.
    Damn nice one.

You're the common denominator in all the fail groups you get. Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    For every smart PLAYER there are three idiots. THe role the idiots choose is RNG-based. For instance, I meet more asshole tanks than any other role =)
    My personal "favourite" is the "Okay, I have JUST high enough avg iLvL to go into heroics. NO CC NEEDED HEALER SUX!"

I swear, if I didn't have Distracting Shot and Freezing Trap...
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    Didn't you read the memo? Tanks get the satchel because less than 20% of the people in queue are tanks.

No other reason for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atree496 View Post
    Alright all of you DPSer's, tanks deserve that satchel that they earn when doing a random dungeon. You may be a smart DPS, but for every smart DPS, there are 3 idiots. I have tried doing Zul'Gurub so many times and have yet to complete it. None of the DPS are capable of handling doing a real task after 3 games of just stabbing a boss. I had to two man the first boss in ZG the past 3 times because the DPS can not stand out of the poison. And the satchel is not even worth it, all you ever get it about 50g and a gem.
    This will end in flames, Mr perfect tank. *cough

Healers deserve the free satchel too. If not moreso than the tanks.

We only get it like 10% of the time though. >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    My god, it's 2 months ago!
    And I'm sure there's simply no such thing as a bad tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    For every smart PLAYER there are three idiots. THe role the idiots choose is RNG-based. For instance, I meet more asshole tanks than any other role =)
    My personal "favourite" is the "Okay, I have JUST high enough avg iLvL to go into heroics. NO CC NEEDED HEALER SUX!"

I swear, if I didn't have Distracting Shot and Freezing Trap...
    Agreed, I meet more bad tanks than I have met bads of the other roles(not saying the others were great but rather... passable). Thankfully I don't pug much without a guild tank but when I do the healer or other dps are generally capable enough we can handle a fight without the tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that everyone in the RDF is bad, per se. It's that everyone's egos get in the way of each other.

If you've had a confrontation in the RDF and blamed it on the other person being bad or an asshole. Odds are you could have resolved that situation and completed the run by showing some basic humility.

Quote Originally Posted by ectox View Post
    thats why i Q with my guildies, i dont get satchel but i dont get mad
    Sigs can only be 500 x 100px, handle it.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    And yet dps get nothing for dealing with retard tanks.

PS

"Deserve" is probably the most misused word of all time.
    ^ I agree with this. My main is a prot warrior, but who doesn't have 4 or 5 alts these days? I'm in the middle of lvling a new alt, and was running Salve Pens yesterday and the last boss dropped dagger. I notify the raid that I'm going to need on it, the Warrior tank says "No please don't I need." I say, "it's a dagger..." and the rest of the group almost immediately says the same thing.

The tank says "Oh, sorry, you can need". He still hasn't needed. So I need, about 4 minutes goes by, he's still bent over in the loot animation when he suddenly needs, doubles my need roll, collects loot and leaves group.

For a dagger... prot warrior... dagger.

Not having the dagger means nothing to me, it'd be replaced. What upsets me is this guy needed on the dagger basically just to say FFFFUUUU... I'm a main spec Prot Warrior, and in my opinion, once this guy hits 85, and is tanking heroic dungeons with crit gear, there will never be a point in which he will ever deserve a satchel... ever.

Deleted
    Last satchel i got as a tank contained the following : 44 Gold 42 Silver and 58 copper, 1 flask of the draconic mind.

I beg your pardon?
    Gold, fine. Gems, work for me as i got a cutter alt.

But why a flask with 300 int for a TANK, is that some jab at the paladin class again here?
    Bleh. This discourages me using the random dungeonbrower when i get useless items for my tank.
    Last edited by mmocc021becbcb; 2011-06-17 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by atree496 View Post
    I disagree. I play both a dps and a tank. I don't feel I'm doing anything more special on my tank than on my dps, not a lot more to deserve special rewards anyway. As for more idiots as dps, of course there are more but that's because of the numbers, say out of 10 people 3 are idiots, out of 100 you have 30 idiots. Since there's 1 tank and 3 dps of course you have a higher chance to get idiot dps but don't act like there's no stupid tanks out there, there are a lot of those too.

In my experience tho I've encountered idiots of every class and role so your point is pretty invalid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Agreed, I meet more bad tanks than I have met bads of the other roles(not saying the others were great but rather... passable). Thankfully I don't pug much without a guild tank but when I do the healer or other dps are generally capable enough we can handle a fight without the tank.
    Well, to be honest, a bad tank does show up easier than a bad dps. Not to compare the difficulty of playing different roles, but tanks are often in the "leading" position of the group, so if they lack confidence, it's easy to notice.

Furthermore, I think the odds of the other two dps to cover the slacking one are higher than the healer to cover a slacking tank.