How to aquire firelands legendary

1. kill molten lord
    2. get quest
    3. http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=71141 get eternal ember

how do we acquire eternal embers?

or the legendary ember thingies
    Professor Membrane: anyone that would build a space/time object replacement device is a complete MORON "echo" Moron" "fadeing more" moron
    Invader Zim: GIR the space/time object replacement device is ready

Kill bosses in Firelands

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Farm those bosses as much as possible I would believe

Its possible you will be able to purchase them with Valor Points as well similar to how Primordial Saronite was handled with Shadow's Edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychomantis View Post
    Its possible you will be able to purchase them with Valor Points as well similar to how Primordial Saronite was handled with Shadow's Edge.
    It is possible but still doubtful atm. Simple answer is just bosses inside Firelands though.

I would endorse the vendor aswell, but would make no sense to have a vendor for a Legendary only Eternal Ember item whilst the craftable item "Living Ember" does not. It also wouldnt make sense to have both as a vendor item. We shall see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychomantis View Post
    It is my understanding that:
    Living Embers is what can be bought with Valor Points. Similar to Primordial Saronite.
    Eternal Embers will be dropped off Firelands bosses, similar to Shadowfrost Shards and the Ulduar ones.

You have to get the Living Embers first, then another item, then put them together, then get the Eternal Embers to finish off, yea?

10+ Year Old Account
    farming the bosses probably

Deleted
    Living Embers is what can be bought with Valor Points. Similar to Primordial Saronite.
    Eternal Embers will be dropped off Firelands bosses, similar to Shadowfrost Shards and the Ulduar ones.
    Well on the PTR at the moment neither of them are on any vendor.

Btw, Eternal Embers may be for the Legendary, but they're not the actual Legendary shards - Seething Cinders are (http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=69815)

It would seem a bit strange to have to gather x25 drop-only blue items, and then gather x25 drop-only Legendary items.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaos View Post
    Well on the PTR at the moment neither of them are on any vendor.

Btw, Eternal Embers may be for the Legendary, but they're not the actual Legendary shards - Seething Cinders are (http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=69815)

It would seem a bit strange to have to gather x25 drop-only blue items, and then gather x25 drop-only Legendary items.
    I'm not on the PTR, so I don't know, but I believe they will be available through the vendor... at least I hope so.

I don't know what Eternal Embers are, but I looked through the quest line again, and it's 25 Living Embers then Seething Embers with no mention of Eternal Embers. I mistook Eternals as the Seething. So essentially, we are saying the same, I just got the names mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Maged View Post
    I'm not on the PTR, so I don't know, but I believe they will be available through the vendor... at least I hope so.

I don't know what Eternal Embers are, but I looked through the quest line again, and it's 25 Living Embers then Seething Embers with no mention of Eternal Embers. I mistook Eternals as the Seething. So essentially, we are saying the same, I just got the names mixed up.
    Originally it was Living Embers, but they changed this to Eternal Embers to make no interest conflict between
    Legendary and Craftables.

What is still unknown:

- Will the Embers drop per person with quest or only 1 per boss (rumor says: One per person with quest) ?
    - Will they be tradable or not? (if it is 1 per person with quest it MIGHT make sense that they are not tradable,
    but this is unknown as of now)

I *suspect* Seething Cinders is 1-per-boss (also unsure on dropchance), and not per-person-with-quest, but everything unknown right now.

Would be nice if they would have a chance to drop of trash as well since they're used for so many items.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
    Originally it was Living Embers, but they changed this to Eternal Embers to make no interest conflict between
    Legendary and Craftables.

What is still unknown:

- Will the Embers drop per person with quest or only 1 per boss (rumor says: One per person with quest) ?
    - Will they be tradable or not? (if it is 1 per person with quest it MIGHT make sense that they are not tradable,
    but this is unknown as of now)

I *suspect* Seething Cinders is 1-per-boss (also unsure on dropchance), and not per-person-with-quest, but everything unknown right now.
    Where is this info about the "Eternal embers", I can't find any information on those. It still says "need living embers" for it everywhere.
    Last edited by Ayarea; 2011-06-17 at 07:30 AM.

That... and everyone is basing this information off of datamined-only quest info.

Remember: The quest chain is inaccessible on the PTR, has not been officially tested by anyone outside of Blizzard. The NPC that starts the chain is not physically there in the PTR.

So really, just wait for it to go live, the hardcore raiders will be busy clearing Firelands on opening night, while a bunch of random ppl will go in, kill 1 Molten Lord, to unlock the quest, and start flooding MMO-Champion, Wowhead, and anywhere else, with endless spoutings of "OMG! Why do I have to kill raid bossez for my Legendary! The quests doesn't say raid in it! I can't kill bosses, but I want my legendary!" while the rest of us laugh.

You can see that "Eternal Embers" are listed at "refundable" on WoW-head. This hints that they are going to be purchasable in some form.

I've been wondering about this as well. We only have speculation about how they can be acquired. I certainly hope they don't have a very low drop rate. It's bad enough acquiring a first set of 25 thingies from the bosses, but second set will mean it will be a long while till we see people with actual legendaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thickasabrick31 View Post
    I've been wondering about this as well. We only have speculation about how they can be acquired. I certainly hope they don't have a very low drop rate. It's bad enough acquiring a first set of 25 thingies from the bosses, but second set will mean it will be a long while till we see people with actual legendaries.
    It probably won't have a very low drop rate, there are only seven bosses after all. Even at a 100% droprate, and killing every boss every week, you'd still need four weeks just for the Legendary-shards, eight weeks when you also include the Eternal Embers.
    While I'm pretty certain the droprate for the Legendary-shards or Eternal Embers won't be 100%, I've heard bosses can drop multiple Eternal Embers at a time.
    This may be a bug so far though, as they seemed to drop thesame amount as there are people on the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Katellia View Post
    Would be nice if they would have a chance to drop of trash as well since they're used for so many items.

Where is this info about the "Eternal embers", I can't find any information on those. It still says "need living embers" for it everywhere.
    Sick of pointing it out to people as it's been handed to people in numerous threads, try searching harder!

---------- Post added 2011-06-17 at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    That... and everyone is basing this information off of datamined-only quest info.

Remember: The quest chain is inaccessible on the PTR, has not been officially tested by anyone outside of Blizzard. The NPC that starts the chain is not physically there in the PTR..
    Yes it is accessible on the PTR.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2661226893#2
    Last edited by Geomatician; 2011-06-17 at 11:20 AM.