10+ Year Old Account

Getting put in group you just left

Twice this has happened to me. Me and a friend (Tank and Healer) joined a group that had terrible dps. We agree to leave since it would not be worth our time, q again and get put right back to the same group. Now we just ignore the lowest dps before we leave, but I was wondering who else has had the same issue.

I always give it a min or so before I re-queue on my tank, just in case of this

You could also probably just wait a few mins for them to get another tank before you instaqueue back into the same group. It makes sense since when you leave they are put at the top of the queue and then you queue right back up before any other tank can queue guaranteeing you will get back in the same group.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just find it funny when it happens. The only real annoyance is the deserter debuff after the second quit. Ignoring someone in the group has worked well, I just forget sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happened to me once. But that was because I queued back up right after I left with my healer.

hapened to me once. qued with guildie got sfk (first week of cata btw), got to first boss wipea-thon i leave. i requeue i get put in same group. i leave again w8 for cd and egt put in another group in sfk again. seriously during the first month it was almost always sfk in all of my hcs i was sick of it
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, always wait a couple moments before queuing back up.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Is it possible to kick someone, only to have them be put back in your group? Or do they have something implemented that prevents that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwntatoes View Post
    I told my friend I was going to McDonalds, but I actually went to Burger King. Kind of rude, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    Bring her some ribbon candy and worthers original. Old Bitches love ribbon candy and worthers original.

Just put one of them onto ignore and you will never queue with them ever again. Simples.

Has never happened to me, which is surprising since I instantly requeue once I leave. I guess it is because I play a tank, and there are a plethora of groups at the top of the list at any point in time looking for a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by r3nd View Post
    Is it possible to kick someone, only to have them be put back in your group? Or do they have something implemented that prevents that?
    when they requeue, they're put at the back of the line. the only way this would occur is if they're the only person in the queue. (which isn't really possible unless you're kicking a tank.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had it happen to me as the re-queuer, but I have had it happen in my groups.

Was doing ZA with a tank/healer from the same guild, and me with my two guildmates. We'd had a couple silly wipes on trash because the tank didn't want to use CC and the healer couldn't keep the tank up through the large packs, but mostly it was going okay. However, when we got to the Eagle boss -- the tank wanted to do them in a weird order for some reason -- we wiped because the healer kept dying (died, reincarnate, died, battle rez, died). After the wipe, both him and the tank left without saying a word. We requeued and waited for a replacement, and got the same two players again. My friend typed "Hey, long time no see" when they zoned in, after which they immediately left again.

(We hadn't been rude, our DPS was solid, we're well-behaved, and no stupid mistakes on our part, so I'm not sure why they took off if they were just going to requeue.)

ANYWAY.

Yes, seen it happen, but no it wasn't me. Usually if I leave a group, it's because it was terrible and then I'm no longer in the mood to requeue.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |