Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

will blizz ever let undead be druids?

Or move to an any race for class polocy like with dks.. i hate trolls and tauren but i love druids. I think turning into a skeliton kitty would be fun

Uhh.. why would they? It makes no lore sense at all.. nor any game sense

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know, probably and make something about the lore

An example would be tauren paladins have powers... from the sun or something I don't know anymore

They can twist there lore all they want to make things work

---------- Post added 2011-06-26 at 04:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by destia View Post
    Uhh.. why would they? It makes no lore sense at all.. nor any game sense
    Nor does tauren palaldins

10+ Year Old Account
    This idea completely vomits on the lore and any sort of sense. While i share your enthusiasm for skeleton kitties, there is 0 logic behind it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard butchers their own lore. Most of the class/race combos no longer make sense, and I also assume within the next few years it will get even worse.

Even saying that, unless they open ALL race/class combos, undead druids will probably be last on the list.

Deleted
    Stupid idea, might as well have tauren rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davoo2080 View Post
    Stupid idea, might as well have tauren rogues.
    Once more

Tauren paladins , twist of LORE

Blizzard completely justified Tauren Priests and Paladins. You just have to stop thinking about them as being exactly the same as human and dwarf paladins.

And I thought the idea of Tauren Paladins was the stupidest class / race combination ever, I stand corrected.

Please, god, no,

Not really, Tauren Paladin's makes some sense, drawing upon the light of the sun. Like lore stated many times before, a lot of races are worshipping the same gods but under different names. They could rename all the spells to solar related spells but that's a big change so they didn't. An Undead who isn't alive anymore, who has no connection to nature, makes no sense and can't be twisted.

Deleted
    gnome or goblin druids. who can change into a fast racing car, a huge truck or a lasershooting robot and an airplane.
    that would be truly awesome. *g*

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet here we are, faced with a kind of mad and undreamt of omnipotence.

oh well no, sory but no not going to happen, even paladin undead makes more sence then tauren pali

Only once they let all races become all classes. While I can see ppl saying that Undead should be able to be all classes based on the fact all races can die and rise as undead. Sadly this isn't going to happen.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vegiisan View Post
    Not really, Tauren Paladin's makes some sense, drawing upon the light of the sun. Like lore stated many times before, a lot of races are worshipping the same gods but under different names. They could rename all the spells to solar related spells but that's a big change so they didn't. An Undead who isn't alive anymore, who has no connection to nature, makes no sense and can't be twisted.
    The rotting forest has given them rotting druid powers so therefor they are COOL DRUIDS NOW!

There I just made the most amazing lore ever

Twisted

"Short answer: No
    Long answer: Nope"

Quote Originally Posted by Thornar View Post
    And I thought the idea of Tauren Paladins was the stupidest class / race combination ever, I stand corrected.

Please, god, no,
    what about tauren rogues that sounds sensible?

Sunwalkers are NOT the same thing as paladins in the sense of why they exist. But due to class limitations, they mimic the moves of a paladin. The same thing applies for draenei IIRC.

Basically, these tauren are extreme sun worshippers, they don't actually command the holy light like humans and dwarves.

Also most undead are humans and elves (I want to say more like high elf/blood elf, correct me if I'm wrong) so therefore in their former lives, they weren't druids either.

Go look up sunwalker in wowpedia, I can't post it yet due to low post count, but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    Once more

Tauren paladins , twist of LORE
    That they twisted the lore SOME WAY is no excuse to twist the lore REALLY BIG TIME (as in Undead druid/paladins or draenai warlocks).
    Remember this is also supposed to be a RPG, and undead and classes which get their forces from LIFE don't fit together. There might be some
    twisting-around to make Tauren Paladins so they now exist. But Undeath and Life are opposites!

Deleted
    Where's the problem? In REAL fantasy rpg's every possible class is open to every race. Because, you know, in a "real" world that's not bound by comic beliefs, everyone can do everything, even if it isn't optimal. No one is restricted to any job, so to speak, because he is born as race x. What kids learn these days from shitty thought through lore could, from the right angle, be seen as kind of racist. So what exactly is the problem with Forsaken Druids? In a world full of ridicoulus magic, everything is possible. Good magic is like quantum physics really. You can't even imagine what is really possible. Go away with your cookie cutter playmobil magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestshot View Post
    This idea completely vomits on the lore and any sort of sense. While i share your enthusiasm for skeleton kitties, there is 0 logic behind it.
    It isn't a bad idea. Being a druid or a paladin is lore wise more like being a Christian or a Muslim. Everybody who worships nature (or like tauren mother earth) is a druid and everybody who worships the light (or like tauren the sun) is a paladin.