Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Fire mage WITHOUT a doubt. They reach almost 100% crit, and their Pyroblasts reach 1 second. If you're arcane, you'd have around 0.4 sec arcane blasts, so 0.6 seconds are wasted... Our fire mages were doing 55k+ and we had four of them in 25man.

Deleted
    No, no, no, no, no.

For this you should ALWAYS use dotbased classes. SPriest+Boomkin will be the most powerful. This is because players will generally hit the GCD cap and wil not be able to cast any faster after only 3-4 rings whereas dots will increase ticking at faster and faster rates forever. This means dots will ALWAYS be the most effective way to burn her down during airphases.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimcow View Post
    Our Shadowpriest does around 45k dps in the Air Phase, mainly because he casts mindflay so fast that he can keep a near 100% uptime on his shadowfiend.
    ^
    Truth.

/10chars

From what ive seen.. SP, Feral, Rogue, Moonkin, Fire mage

Deleted
    just killed this last night.

you'll definately want dot based casters up there (or melee, we didn't even try with melee though)

reason for wanting dots instead of hard casters is two fold:
    1) there's no way you're going to come anywhere near a haste cap as you will with say arcane blast hitting the GCD.
    2) you can continue to refresh your stacks during tornados and then refresh your dots just before the buff ends during the burn phase giving you ~30sec of still haste/crit buffed dots ticking.

So... no Arcane mages, instead tell them to go fire?
    I'll settle on one Fire, one Shadow and myself then to test out the playing field.

About sending melees up there... There are some concerns about the Fyroblast not being interrupted on my part there, so unless they do gamebreaking amounts of damage?

Deleted
    arcane is pretty poor up there, because of the GCD capping ruining their day. as others have said non-pet dot classes or energy based classes are best (because they have no cooldown on abilities,possibly warriors too, have to get back to you on that one
    for example
    a ret pallies melee dmg will increase with haste, but not the abilities, they will only benefit from the crit

Frost Death Knights. Obliterate Spam EZ

Probably just your highest 2 dps.
    However, shadow priests benefit a ridiculous amount from haste (for example they seem to scale more with hero than other classes) warlocks probably similarly.
    Arcane mages should be a good choice because of mana if they're good :P

So all players being roughly equal, I'm going to wager on arcane mages and spriests.

And yes all classes get the same buff; but not all classes benefit the same from the buff.

Fire wouldn't be a bad spec, because once they hit the crit buff due to haste, they will be spamming critical pyros, drop a combustion and watch those pretty numbers from the rolling ignite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Treepunch View Post
    arcane is pretty poor up there, because of the GCD capping ruining their day. as others have said non-pet dot classes or energy based classes are best (because they have no cooldown on abilities,possibly warriors too, have to get back to you on that one
    for example
    a ret pallies melee dmg will increase with haste, but not the abilities, they will only benefit from the crit
    Im a ret who went in the air for our kill and the haste drops our gcd so we only have to use 1 filler in between Crusaider strike which mean a ton of holy power very fast so the haste is not unused on a ret and the hitbox of the bird is massive u can always be attacking him in the air

The reason fire is so much better than arcane in the air is because ab will gcd cap with only a few stacks of the haste buff, whereas pyroblast will gcd cap much later. This allows fire mages to use pyroblast as their filler since fireball will have been gcd capped for quite a while, as well as being able to use a hotstreak pyroblast every other gcd once the crit buff is achieved. If there was no haste buff associated, arcane would be the natural choice due to the inifinite resource regeneration, but that isn't the case on this fight unfortunately.

All dot classes work exceptionally well just due to the fact that they are influenced less by the gcd cap than other classes. Shadowpriests and boomkins are the optimal dot users since unfortunately warlocks won't be able to use their pets in the air (from what I'm aware of). Most melee classes are also very powerful in the air due to the fact that their resource systems are the biggest cap on their dps rather than casters which (other than arcane mages) have a largely infinite resource system to begin with. Ferals, rogues, frost dk's and ret paladins are fantastic in the air due to the continued benefits of haste after the gcd cap for their resource regen and the fact that ret will be able to reach the ultimate nirvana of a 1.5 second cs cd. However, due to the amount of interrupts being required on the ground you might have to keep some of the "best" classes suited to flying on the ground.

All this aside, chances are your best dps will continue to do the best dps out of anyone you send up into the air. Doing big dps is fun, but don't let anyone compromise your raid's viability on this fight by allowing them to argue that they deserve to be in the air and not on the ground doing other important jobs.

We sent up our shadow priest. She was bugging out and having her screen freeze for like 1 second every 2 or 3 seconds and still managed 35 - 40k dps most of the fight. They scale so amazingly well with haste that I highly suggest it if you have one. Boomkins are pretty nice too. I am guessing Affliction locks would work decently well as well with super fast ticking dots.

Edit: Btw, if you are sending a lock up I would suggest he uses an imp pet. You can actually shoot her from the ground with ranged attacks.

At first it may seem arcane mage, but in fact arcane mages are pretty bad for this. They go under the GCD fast pretty and have lots of wasted time. It's best for boomkins, SP's, and affliction warlocks simply because they scale SOO well with haste. And unlike arcane mages, even if your nuke is under the GCD, dots ticking with a 100% haste buff is ridiculous dps.
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

OTOH I would think DoT-based classes (Spriest, Feral, Affliction) would be the strongest. Sending anything that's going to hit their haste cap is wasted DPS.

Assassination Rogues are pretty damn OP. The Haste buffs their auto-attack damage to a ridiculous amount, which doesn't have a realistic cap, iirc.

Arcane Mages actually still run low on Mana even with the buff at full.

I imagine Shadow Priests would do very well up there too.

fire mage did almost 50k

Fire mage is definitely best. I was up there as a frost DK and doing fairly well as well, but it reached a point where I couldn't use all my frost strikes in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

Deleted
    We had an affli warlock and shadowpriest flying on 10man. I don't think feral would be a good choice since feral bleeds benefit nothing from haste.