Deleted

Leatherworking so hard to level and farm?

Is it me or is the leather requirements for LW too high. When you get to 500+ you have to make about 15-20+ Cloak of Beasts to level, so thats a ton of heavy leather which takes ages to farm plus volatiles of every kind bar life which again are impossible to farm unless it's water which is easy. Then at 510 when we eventually get there, its 10 heavy leather for one sodding receipe, i mean that's like 50 mobs you have to kill just for one receipe, not to mention the other 10+ heavy leather you need to make the items plus 20+ volatiles that you cannot farm as a LW.

It just seems messed up, completely alienating all casual players.

Profession are not suposed to be lvl'd in one day.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree i have leveled all the professions so far lw is on par with enchanting IMO for bad to level cost to much time/gold. When stone bats were skinnable it was ok now it's fail at best.

---------- Post added 2011-01-03 at 06:04 PM ----------

Tell that to alchemy and skinning and herbing and jc and mining and eng. Cmp to enchanting lw and Ins it's not close.

It's certainly harder than some of the others unless you get in after the Tol'Barad fight when it switch sides and steal croc skins, even then most people don't loot their croc entirely so you can't skin it

Since the Stonebat Nerf it has sucked then you could get roughly 300 leather in 45-60 minutes which is only 60 heavy leather, considering the competition in this spot that number eventually became more like 200-250

Glad I maxed before the nerf

Deleted
    took me a couple of days to farm/buy all the mats needed to get to 525. Had all the twilight highland patters within 8 days of cata release. Dont forget also that you do get volatiles from the http://www.wowhead.com/item=67495 which you skin

Deleted
    Yeah but stomachs don't drop enough and even then your volatiles are random and at max 2 a piece. Even only got 4 pristine hides despite all the skinning.

However I now know that it's possible to solo the Lost City tiger mobs, hell as a tank that's probably easier than most, so I might do a bit of farming there. To have all the patterns within 8 days of Cata release can only mean you seriously had nothing else to do in December and that includes work! :P

Deleted
    I guess the logic with LW needing so much more mats than than other proffs is that you actualy get a benafit from skinning mobs you killed that you dont get from Mining or herbalism etc (eg XP loot). Although I agree it makes less sense at max level, at low level getting all the skins required for LW pretty much makes questing uneccessary.

I guess the logic with LW needing so much more mats than than other proffs is that you actualy get a benafit from skinning mobs you killed that you dont get from Mining or herbalism etc (eg XP loot). Although I agree it makes less sense at max level, at low level getting all the skins required for LW pretty much makes questing uneccessary.
    Actually i've leveled my farming drood from 80 to 85 almost entirely by herbing and mining cause each node farmed awards experience. Only did the Vashj'ir quests to get the Seahorse.

Quote Originally Posted by Centerra View Post

I am not getting xp at all????? Could it be I am only 82 and skinning the dragons in TH that I am farming?? Demo loks are OP. I get xp for kills but not skinning

Quote Originally Posted by farmergiles View Post
    It just seems messed up, completely alienating all casual players.
    If you're a casual player, why do you need Leatherworking to be maxed anyway? Also, WotLK Blacksmithing would like a word with you on how many mats are needed to level. The current system is fine.

Deleted
    Mainly to be able to create some PVP gear so I'm not supremely gimped in BG's at the moment.

But if you're a 'casual' player, then surely it doesn't matter whether you've got the best gear or not...? You should be in it for the fun.

Deleted
    Unfortunately PVP is only fun when you do have good gear.

PVE on the other hand, yeah I'm fine with whatever gear I have!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    I am not getting xp at all????? Could it be I am only 82 and skinning the dragons in TH that I am farming?? Demo loks are OP. I get xp for kills but not skinning
    You get exp for killing the mobs You usually have to kill them before you can loot and skin them. The skinning dont give exp.
    People get exp for veins and herbs because u dont have to kill a creature before you can gather them ( with few exeptions)

Since vanilla, the requirements for leveling professions has reduced.

I remember leveling something that I needed hundreds of metal bars for in stranglethorn vale. I don't remember if it was blacksmithing or blacksmithing recipes, but I remember it because of the huge amount of bars needed to level it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathaios View Post
    Profession are not suposed to be lvl'd in one day.
    Alchemy+Engineering says hi. They both can easily be done in a few hours, have done it on 3 characters so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    But if you're a 'casual' player, then surely it doesn't matter whether you've got the best gear or not...? You should be in it for the fun.
    Casual doesn't really mean "not bothered with best gear", it means he plays abit now and then and not always.

I agree though that it takes ages once you get to the Cloaks, however thought they fixed it so we could level easier long ago.