When are demo locks suppose to use shadowbolt?

I'm a little confused with the sticky :S

All the time unless decimation or molten core is up

I see... so shadowbolt is what we'll be spamming 80% of the time then until molten core is up :S

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Molten core?
    Kay Incinerate
    Decimation?
    Kay soulfire
    Shadow BOLT SHADOW BOLTT WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You get the point

Shadowbolt is your filler unless Molten Core has proced or in Decemation.

Even when in Decimation Soul Fire isn't a huge dps increase over Shadow Bolt. Its still worth using there, but the vast majority of the time you'll be spamming shadow bolt with Hand of Gul'dan whenever it is up.

When you get molten core during decimation, do you ignore that proc and keep spamming soul fire?

Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    When you get molten core during decimation, do you ignore that proc and keep spamming soul fire?
    No, you do not.

Molten Core (Incinerate)
    Soul Fire (Decimation)
    Shadow Bolt.
    Kiyu - TG
    http://gimpedguild.org

h
    ttp://www.justin.tv/kiyuulive - Warlock PoV

Don't forget about Hand of Gul'dan in your rotation. Hand of Gul'dan gets top priority over both Molten Core (Incinerate) and the rest. But Azusa is correct.

Deleted
    Yeah, use shadow bolt when theres nothing else available, which should be fairly often, on most single target dps fights as demo, my shadowbolt damage is usually the ability that i caused the most damage with overall the entire fight.

So look out for Molten core, t11 4 piece set bonus, hand of guldan, ur bane of doom and corruption.
    If all of these are on cooldowns, shadowbolt tiem.

Deleted
    Why play demo at all if you have affliction?

maybe his raid needs the 10% SP buff? maybe it's just because demo is more fun then affliction?

Deleted
    yup, i'm having to play increasingly demo since all ele shammehs are going resto. QQ

Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    I see... so shadowbolt is what we'll be spamming 80% of the time then until molten core is up :S
    Dots also take priority to refresh over Shadow Bolt.

Hand of Guldan
    DoTs (corruption bane of doom and bane of agony on off target)
    Molten Core Incinerate
    Decimation Soul Fire
    Shadow Bolt

BoA barely beats out SB and is a weak ass dot but your dots come first. And obviously you don't have to worry about refreshing immolate unless it's on multiple targets.

Quote Originally Posted by tweaker View Post
    Why play demo at all if you have affliction?
    My current main is a shadow priest and i'll probably be switching to lock soon and affliction might be too similar to a shadow priest for me and i'm a good player at whatever I play, well except melee so I want to see how far I can stretch demo dps since not many people play it and get some world of logs ranks and stuff :S