Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker St Irregulars View Post
    Sorry, but the concept of Good and Evil are universal. You can't play a hair splitting game like that.

The words include Universally recognized Actions.

You're discussing Morality, not Good and Evil.

Ummmmm you're INSANELY wrong here. 9/11 was considered one of the greatest evils to ever happen to americans. It was also the greatest good to the terrorist. To think that A. there are defined values for good and evil is stupid, and to believe that B. if there were we as humans would even basically understand them is even stupider. If we were to base our views on good and evil on the only REAL basis we have "nature" that hasn't been corrupted by mans views on good and evil. It would be perfectly fine for me to go kill anything and eat it because i was hungry.

10+ Year Old Account
    You haven't pointed out spit to justify what Sylvanas is doing, you just yell at me and say "KILLING PEOPLE ISN'T EVIL BECAUSE IT'S ACCEPTED FOR THEIR SOCIETY!" over and over and over. THAT IS NOT AN ARGUMENT. That is a fallback point for someone who doesn't understand the concept of debate, let alone good and evil.
    Actually, I've been pointing out that she is in a war, and she is doing what is best for her people. Nothing more, nothing less. You're the one reading between the lines where there are no lines to be read between. War sucks, that's a fact of life. Wars are fought to be won. That's a fact of life. People with the means to wipe out their enemies on a large scale will do so. That's a fact of life. Sylvanas is doing nothing more than what any other leader is doing, she's just taking a different route and replenishing the most finite resource in her arsenal--her people.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    You haven't pointed out spit to justify what Sylvanas is doing, you just yell at me and say "KILLING PEOPLE ISN'T EVIL BECAUSE IT'S ACCEPTED FOR THEIR SOCIETY!" over and over and over. THAT IS NOT AN ARGUMENT. That is a fallback point for someone who doesn't understand the concept of debate, let alone good and evil.
    i realise i said i was gona be here for the ride but that is how good and evil is... a while back i said and i shal say again "Moral is also understood as an individual understanding or translation of mannerisms at which they abide." meaning that its an individual ideal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look who's calling the kettle black.

When the kettle is actually green.

Callei HAS pointed out numerous things that justify what Sylvanus is doing, you're just going "No, that doesn't justify it, because it's wrong, and it's wrong because I say so."
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    DEATH TO THE SCOURGE AND DEATH TO THE..... wait they are the scourge

FOR GILNEAS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lawl gone ten minutes and eight pages. God I love Sylvanas.

At any rate, Callei has the right of it.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2011-07-06 at 07:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forsaken <3

OT: I don't think she will be completely evil, I just think she'll be the person the Horde and Alliance are always uneasy about. She definitely won't be a villain though, do you know how many people would cry if she wasn't the leader for the Forsaken anymore??

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    DEATH TO THE SCOURGE AND DEATH TO THE..... wait they are the scourge

FOR GILNEAS!
    Yes we get it, you like Gilneas, how's that reclamation going for ya?
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Deleted
    The only cool character left in lore? Really?! omg XD lol

10+ Year Old Account
    i bet she is gonna go down in a blaze of gunfire...

Deleted
    Plenty of humans can't procreate either, does that mean they are justified in kidnapping/murdering others' children in order to continue their family line?
    Some humans and a whole race are two very different things.

1. They are not her people.
    2. Maybe she should stop participating in warfare.
    3. The orcs and humans are killing themselves often enough, and people die every day. She can be happy to take the scraps from those battles.
    1. They are just as much her people as the Mok'Nathal are Rexxar's people and the Darkmoon Faire is Silas' family.
    2. World of Peacecraft? The Alliance would claim Lordaeron. Why would Sylvanas give up her and her people's home.
    3. Turning orcs into Forsaken would probably not sit very well with her orcish allies. As for taking human corpses - yeah why not? But what would be the difference? That she wouldn't get involved in the killing? Is killing now wrong in WoW?

She's doing it for the sake of power.
    You kinda make it sound like a bad thing.
    All the other leaders and races do a lot to get more power.

She refuses to abide by every single treaty she has signed.
    She refuses to abide by every single peace agreement she has entered.
    She lies about what she will and will not do.
    What treaty? What peace agreement?

She captured Val'kyr for the sole purpose of power and immortality.
    Again, her race will die out and the Valkyr are their only chance of avoiding that fate.

The forsaken are not "her people". They are people from OTHER races OTHER factions she has murdered and raised from the dead to serve her whims.
    She didn't kill the first generation of Forsaken. The first Forsaken were killed by the Lich King. Again, you can not say they are not her people. Sharing such a tragic fate goes a long way. The day she died changed her whole life and rallying the Forsaken under her banner and making sure they'll find their place in the world gave her a reason to "live".

1. Thrall never once lived in peace.
    Depends. But what does it even matter?

2. The orcs are not native to azeroth, they are invaders
    No, they WERE invaders. And you know the circumstances under which they were manipulated to do it. While I can understand Varian's opinion of the orcs, Thrall probably cares more about Azeroth than anybody else.

3. The orcs continue to do things, even during "peactime" such as HELP THE FORSAKEN MAKE SUPER PLAGUES.
    Jesus, that's just bullshit. Whatever they did with developing a plague was done mostly in secret.

4. Even in the novels, there's 0 evidence that the orcs obeyed thrall.
    Meaning?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    pretty well
    considering its ours and the forsaken line ends with a stalemate, u just keep lol silverpine

also lol at water works, that forsakens pants fell down

Deleted
    Dude, can someone stop this St Irregulars already? I mean, it's obvious...

On Topic: I was also saddened as I read that reply from the creative development team, of all people. Only proves that this game is only for the lulz, and loot. But I would like Sylvanas to be recognized for her sacrifices and achievements for her people and her ex-people, the Blood Elves. If it has to be a death, let her die in the battlefield with her loyal followers and let her be satisfied and in peace with herself.

"As the sunrise shatters the dark clouds over the corpses of undeath, she looks down upon her body. Sylvanas' spirit, in her elven armor and mortal figure, smiles as she once again feels the sunlight warm her heart. Behind her a crowd of applauses and proud smiles of the fallen Forsaken in their living human and elven appareances welcome her inside the streets of the rebuilt Silvermoon in all its glory. Honoring her life and undeath, before she vanishes with the wind in peace and joy."

And this song must be played in the background. Yep, I would be happy and willing to wave her goodbye.
    Last edited by mmocfcdfd48e5e; 2011-07-06 at 07:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They sneak off to egg old woman Sylvanas' house for their halloween event. Their progress is that spectacular.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised that not a lot of people bring the thought that Sylvanas is maybe influenced by an Old God.

The reason I bring this is because of "The Founding of Quel'Thalas",
    His fleet finally landed on the beaches of the kingdom men would later call Lordaeron. Forging inland, the high elves founded a settlement within the tranquil Tirisfal Glades. After a few years, many of them began to go mad. It was theorized that something evil slept beneath that particular part of the world, but the rumors were never proven to be true. The high elves packed up their encampment and moved northward towards another land rich with ley energies.
    So maybe under Tirisfal Glades there is an Old God, or something dark, corrupting her... After all, Arthas started to act ruthless/insane when he was still in Lordaeron right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry guys, Sylvanas is blonde after all...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    I'm surprised that not a lot of people bring the thought that Sylvanas is maybe influenced by an Old God.

So maybe under Tirisfal Glades there is an Old God, or something dark, corrupting her... After all, Arthas started to act ruthless/insane when he was still in Lordaeron right?
    Can we not have 1 powerful, determined character that isn't Old God'd?

please.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Sylvanas will die sooner of later, she took Koltira a member of the Ebon Blade as a prisoner, not to say shes using the lich king methods to make more undead, shes farming humans in Hillsbrad to make them undead more than enough reason for the argent crusade to go after her, garrosh didnt like her methods neither...definitely Sylvanas is going down

not good.........

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we not have 1 powerful, determined character that isn't Old God'd?

please.
    magatha grimtotem

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post

Arthas started losing it from the stress of what he was being subjected to. He had to kill the mindless, undead corpses of innocent civilians, while they tirelessly wore down his troops. That's a lot of psychological damage going on.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!