Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisko View Post
    No, but common knowledge says to trade any T12 for 2-piece T13 even from LFR. If that's what you asking.
    Yeah sorta but do u know the percentage for t13 over t12

Just got Rosary of Light and tested it. Definitely has a lower ICD than 60, saw it proc again around 50 seconds in. I'm guessing the ICD is 45 as previously reported and has a proc chance of 15% or something like that.

If people are reporting sub 60 second ICDs for the int/mastery trinket and the str/crit one, I think its very possible the ICD on the Varothen's Brooch is actually 45 or 50 as well. Can someone who has it retest for longer?
    Last edited by tavistra; 2011-11-30 at 01:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I just noticed on live that bone-link fetish received a fairly significant buff to the proc which now hits ~10-11k harder. Where does this put the trinket now in the list?
    "Ret paladins have been in a beta stage for 8 years, one day we will be ready for launch." - anaxie

hits ~10-11k harder is not nearly enough information to estimate trinket dps. I need ICD. I need average damage per proc. Basically I need parse, even dummy one.

10+ Year Old Account
    hits ~10-11k harder is not nearly enough information to estimate trinket dps. I need ICD. I need average damage per proc. Basically I need parse, even dummy one.
    Hmm, sorry, I haven't been able to pick up the trinket, I only noticed the buff in the loot from the dungeon finder. I can't provide the necessary data; I only wanted to bring it up so that it could be discussed.

LFR: 16375 - 20594 damage proc (live) vs 8029 - 12044 Difference of: 8346 bottom end 8550 top end
    Normal: 18484 - 23245 damage proc (live) vs 9063 - 13594 Difference of: 9421 bottom end 9651 top end
    Heroic: 20865 - 26240 damage proc (live) vs 10230 - 15345 Difference of: 10635 bottom end 10895 top end

I only looked at the differences of heroic before but here are all of the differences between what's posted and what's currently on live. I do not have an ICD for them.
    Last edited by monkeyelf; 2011-12-01 at 06:49 AM.
    "Ret paladins have been in a beta stage for 8 years, one day we will be ready for launch." - anaxie

The extra whirlwind attack of Bone-Link Fetish scales with Attack Power. I'm not sure of the formula, but you will see different numbers on the tooltip depending on your current AP.

I first learned this when looking at some Dungeon Journal stuff in and out of Cat Form... The other similar trinkets scale with AP or SP respectively too.

Edit: Okay, did a bit of number checking.
    Raid Finder version needs ~1.6722 AP to increase its damage (min and max) by 1.
    Normal version takes ~1.4814 AP to increase its damage by 1.
    Heroic version takes ~1.3123 AP to increase its damage by 1.

This is before any modifiers, such as Communion (both the 2% and 3% will apply, multiplicatively). It's also not affected by weapon speed at all; I got those results regardless of if I had a two-hander, one-hander, or no weapon equipped.
    Last edited by Shaiandra; 2011-12-01 at 04:36 PM.

So I missed pretty much all last tier because I had to heal on another character, but I was wondering.

I got the Ultraxion trinket and I was wondering which one I was going to replace behind my heroic Heart of Rage and the Hyjal rep trinket.. I assumed HoR is still better, but I was curious if anyone can confirm that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    So I missed pretty much all last tier because I had to heal on another character, but I was wondering.

I got the Ultraxion trinket and I was wondering which one I was going to replace behind my heroic Heart of Rage and the Hyjal rep trinket.. I assumed HoR is still better, but I was curious if anyone can confirm that.
    If you had checked a page back, you'd have seen the previous 4.2 list. H HoR > essence

Deleted
    I've attacked a dummy for exactly 1 hour with an 1,3 speed blade and got 29 procs from the "Creche of the Final Dragon". 16,9% uptime.
    Is this really so much better than the Ragnaros HC Trinket? If it procs during transitions etc it renders the use of the procc pretty much into 0%..

If that uptime is accurate it's actually worse than HC Vessel, but other sources report 100s ICD (20% uptime), so we need someone else to confirm, preferably in raid environment.

Both types of trinkets have their dark sides, say Vessel will drop stacks 3 times during the fight if it feels like it.

The perfect Ret paladin trinket would be straight 5K STR on 2min use, but you will never see one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bone-Link Fetish supposedly has a 25second ICD with a 15% proc chance according to the frost DK forums on elitist jerks
    Source: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t125291-...ent_4_3_a/p10/ (post #238)
    They provided data from WoL that shows the average time between procs between 29 and 30 seconds.

Nice outlay and updated feature about trinkets once again Kisko!

Would like to have a confirmation on the use of rotting skull. I assume it should be used in combination with our cd's. But for example during a 6 min fight RS can be used 4 x's solely and in combination with cd's 3x's. Just let the 30 secs dead space go to waste and wait for cd's to pop back-up?

thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyelf View Post
    Bone-Link Fetish supposedly has a 25second ICD with a 15% proc chance according to the frost DK forums on elitist jerks
    Source: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t125291-...ent_4_3_a/p10/ (post #238)
    They provided data from WoL that shows the average time between procs between 29 and 30 seconds.
    Good confirmation on ICD, now we need Ret parse to get average proc damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelsap View Post
    Nice outlay and updated feature about trinkets once again Kisko!

Would like to have a confirmation on the use of rotting skull. I assume it should be used in combination with our cd's. But for example during a 6 min fight RS can be used 4 x's solely and in combination with cd's 3x's. Just let the 30 secs dead space go to waste and wait for cd's to pop back-up?

thanks in advance!
    Good question.
    On 6min fight combining it with AW will be barely better. On a 6min+ fights delaying will result in dps loss.
    So, generally speaking, on long fights like Deathwing, it's better not to delay it. I've done math both ways to compare and put non-delayed case in the final table.

If that uptime is accurate it's actually worse than HC Vessel, but other sources report 100s ICD (20% uptime), so we need someone else to confirm, preferably in raid environment.
    The raid data I have after I received mine roughly confirms the 1/6 uptime. Logs show an uptime of 16% and 16.8% for spine and madness respectively(fights where I have the most data). But at 16% uptime the 2904 proc averaged comes out superior to vessel even at an unrealistic uptime of 100% (464 vs 460). The different uptime might lower the value of the trinket overall but in a comparison to vessel it should still come out ahead. Check my math but I think i went through that correctly.

As far as it procing during downtime I'm really not seeing it this tier. There's some movement and some downtime, theoretically worst case would probably be it going off prior to Morchok's black blood phase but that also has a good chance of dropping vessel stacks as well so both trinkets suffer. Majority of fights this tier seem to have you always hitting something. Combine that with the fact that we don't have the reliability of a high crit HoW to stack up vessel in a hurry makes me not miss the vessel personally.

Kisko Thank you so much for all the work you put into this, it really is helpful when deciding on trinkets!

Where does Rosary of Light sit on your list?

Added Rosary of Light with 45s ICD on it, changed another 5-man trinket to have 45s ICD too. Solid trinkets with such a short ICD.

After looking over the OP, I see this:

Weights used (SimCraft): Str 3.40, Crit 1.86, Mastery 1.75, AP 1.50, Haste 1.32.

So crit is better than mastery now? I must have missed the memo on this. This is pretty huge information that I haven't seen posted anywhere.

It's highly doubtful and any rets worth their salt won't stop going full mastery. Only reason i can see for crit pulling ahead is because Bone-Link can crit based on your ratings.

About the stat weights does the sim include the t13 2p because with that im sure mastery would go up again since we would be hitting TV more often