Thread: Still on trial

Still on trial

Doing RaF with a buddy of mine and he just bought all the games and everything but it wont let me trade with him, it tells me he is on a trail account. Anyone know why it would do that if he has purchased all the games already

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    May be due to not updating his Battle.net account to the full, retail version. The game may be retail, but his bound account may need to be manually pushed up, which I believe you can do from the account management site.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Did he add the keys to the right account? It might just be a lag before his account is updated... Page a GM.

The account will stay "Trial" until the initial 7 days is up. I've had this issue both times I've done RaF.

If he did a digital upgrade, it can take up to a week after purchase for the account to be flagged as a regular account. Found that out the hard way the first time a friend and I did RAF to quickly level alts we wanted but couldn't be bothered to level the traditional way (back in Wrath). I made sure that my girlfriend had physical copies of the keys when we did RAF when Cataclysm released, that way we wouldn't have to wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    First, he has to make sure the keys are added to his account. Second, due to credit card fraud, all of the purchases take 3 - 5 business days to actually finish. He may have been charged, but Blizzard isn't granting access to anything in the game until they're sure the charges won't be returned.

At least, that's how the GM explained it to me all so long ago!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahrah View Post
    The account will stay "Trial" until the initial 7 days is up. I've had this issue both times I've done RaF.
    This isnt not true, I had a friend on the RAF and i talked him into upgrading before his 10 trial was up and he still got those 10 days tacked on to his first month and we could trade as soon as he upgraded. Im thinking he installed all the games but didnt upgrade his account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kripthmaul View Post
    Your just not ressourcefull....And your translator either suck or you cant english.

Generally if you want FaF rewards right away you need to purchase the game, do the upgrade to retail and put a 2 month gamecard on the account. At this point everything passes about you get your rocket mount. If instead your friend sets up a subscription it will take up to 3 months before you see the mount. The game comes with 30 days, at the end of this if subs are setup for monthly it then takes 2 further months before payments are made.
    Anyone doing FaF is well advised to find a cheap gamecard as they get their friend started
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

he needs to buy game time too.

thanks for the help guys he hasnt yet got game time so we will try that