Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    Never gonna happen. More chance to trolls joining Ally.
    Trolls join the alliance? I am by no means a lore-whore but I even I know the trolls have been LONG TIME enemies with the elves and humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Clanner View Post
    worgens kill zombies
    worgens are the allies only monsta race
    its not a fair trade off

human = orc / leading race
    gnome = goblin / midget race
    draneai = tauren / fatty race
    worgen = forsaken / monster race
    nightelf = bloodelf /elf race
    dwarf = troll / common enemy race, ugliest women race (take ur pick)

to be honest its pretty nicely balanced
    this sums it up nicely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know how something's interesting to talk about when it has absolutely zero chance of ever happening.

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxRayzor View Post
    The Worgen are basically humans, plus they were taught a bunch of stuff from the Night Elves etc. It would be a huge slap to the face if they did go to Horde.
    so long as the foresaken are a part of the horde, as loose cannons as they are, the worgen would never join them. Also being human, inspite of the curse, they would never join orcs. While the tauren and night elves get along far better than any other cross-faction races, the night elves are not really staunch alliance supporters like say the dwarves but more in it cause they have common ground in an enemy, which is the orcs. Them being in the alliance would never be a reason for the tauren to join. If anything factions like the Night Elves, Blood Elves, Tauren, and Darkspears would make more sense being neutral or non-aligned. Gilneas needs the alliance now more than ever if they expect to defeat the foresaken they'd never fathom joining the horde; even if garrosh casts the foresaken out of the horde the most they'd accept would be assistance against a common enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post
    What crap is this spewing from your key board?! Worgen are not outcasts in anyway shape or form.
    The people of gilneas were at war with the worgen and there are alot of people who dont like them or trust them just like the forsaken

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetti View Post
    Oh that beautiful sound of Alliance propaganda

"We are the good ones, Horde is savages, we don't kill we sack the place and let everyone go, where are all the Tauren living here to this moment? They ran away to their savage places probably"

Tauren will never join the Alliance, they have too much honor to do that...
    Neither side is the saint one. I would tell you to ask the druids of the Thal'darah grove, but problem is, there aren't any left after the Horde used a WMD there (a feat the Alliance has to perform yet, last time I checked). Similar with anything that used to be Alliance in Hillsbrad, Gilneas or Silverpine forest. Each side has its share of bastards that we'd like to kick their proverbial behinds. As for Camp Taurajo, WoW Insider summed it up from the point of view of both sides. The Alliance soldiers didn't perform any massacre. Sure, a battle progressed there, so there must have been civilian casualties, but the civilians were allowed a passage out of the town. That they got into the hands of the quillboar is another matter. After that, the Horde killed off the guy who lead the attack, sure. That guy, however, was trying to keep it as un-bloody as possible. Sorry guys, but you won't talk your way out of this one.
    Unless you wish to say that WoW Insider is an ally propaganda server?
    In case you are interested, WoW Insider summed it up here and here.
    And as for joining the other side, I'm pretty sure neither side would. For all matters, the Tauren just can't, even if they wanted (so no reason to discuss it any further). And Worgen have every single reason to hate the Forsaken and distrust Garrosh's leadership (we talk about the guy who was always late, after his lackies and "allies" performed something he supposedly outright forbade).
    Last edited by Serenais; 2011-07-14 at 08:08 AM.

Deleted
    at the end of the day worgens are humans, a curse is a curse the forsaken are abomonations to the alliance who are mostly worshipers of the light. the taurens could become neutral i belive that could happen but worgens would never be horde ever it just couldnt happen.

i personally think blood elves have no place in the horde im sure they were a neutral faction for some time and nothing really pushed them into the horde other than blizz needing to throw in a new faction (correct me if im wrong here i dont know too much about blood elf lore)

and the trolls also hate the horde the most beliveable outcome in my opinion would be a cross faction not all but some say trolls tauren worgen and maybe dwarves and elves joining forces to fight for a different cause because they arent happy with either faction.

however i wouldnt like that im just saying what i think could happen if the lore was pushed in that direction i dont want things to change too much but i would like to see a horde civil war that would amuse me.

Vol'jin at the Troll summit flat out said that the Horde are his people and then reiterated that to Brightwing and Varessa. His disagreement with Garrosh ended after Thrall's intervention, Vol'Jin realized that he went a little dramaqueen and has since accepted that even though he and Garrosh might not like each other, the Horde is much bigger than those two. And that the Darkspears and Orcs are "true brothers".

As for the alliance, the entire Darkspear tribe was almost wiped out by a human invasion, Thrall and the orcs saved them. If Vol'jin won't even join forces with a united Troll empire, there is zero chance that he will pledge loyalty to the Alliance.

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

With their strong bonds to Night Elves and their obvious hate for Forsaken and Orcs, Worgens would never ally with horde, and if you do new tauren quests, you'll see that is Hamuul and druids that have become tired with Garrosh's decisions(The happenings in Stonetalon, Azshara and Ashenvale is just too much for a druid and its Hamuul who faces the consequences of what happened in the invasion of Astranaar) and being hesitant in staying with Horde, whereas Baine clearly states that if they(The Tauren) don't stay with Horde, everything his father and Thrall worked to establish in the new Horde will gone to waste under Garrosh's recklessness.

So no OP, such a possibility is highly unlikely as the allegiances in this game are not shallow, especially for Horde which makes them more interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    So reading up on baine bloodhoof story i really get the feeling he just doesnt want to be in the horde anymore and he holds strong hatred for garrosh and his new horde
    Baine feels like the debt owed to thrall has been paid in full and doesnt like what the horde has become so what with the close ties the tauren had with the nelfs it not hard to see the nelfs forming an alliance with them and eventually getting them to join the alliance.
    I read the same story, and from what I understood, it was Baine that was strongly for staying in the Horde, and some of the smaller tribes within the Tauren community that thought the debt owed may well have been payed - or rather no longer owed. While Baine dislikes the methods of the 'New' Horde he had every belief in unity. Perhaps you and I should re-read it to be sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorlas View Post
    As for the alliance, the entire Darkspear tribe was almost wiped out by a human invasion, Thrall and the orcs saved them. If Vol'jin won't even join forces with a united Troll empire, there is zero chance that he will pledge loyalty to the Alliance.
    Not trying to dispute anything here, but I do seem to remember that in the demo for Warcraft III, the trolls were pretty badly beaten by the Sea Witch and her murlocs, and I don't recall anything that would have trolls as a major players (so that they could end up on a recieving end during any of the game's missions) during the main campaigns of the game. The books I read didn't confirm any human invasion to the Darkspear lands either. As for the other trolls, sure, those were pretty badly beaten by humans and elves, but I don't think the Darkspear trolls were ever (in the relevant history) in Eastern Kingdoms...
    Also, blaming the current humans and elves for whatever hapenned to the trolls in Eastern Kingdoms is like blaming the current inhabitants of America for what hapenned to the original population of the continent. I do not seem to recall anything even noteworthy going on ever since the First War that would concern the troll indigenous population.
    Last edited by Serenais; 2011-07-14 at 08:22 AM.

All current races should be removed and replaced by various flavors of space goats.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    Not trying to dispute anything here, but I do seem to remember that in the demo for Warcraft III, the trolls were pretty badly beaten by the Sea Witch and her murlocs, and I don't recall anything that would have trolls as a major players (so that they could end up on a recieving end during any of the game's missions) during the main campaigns of the game. The books I read didn't confirm any human invasion to the Darkspear lands either. As for the other trolls, sure, those were pretty badly beaten by humans and elves, but I don't think the Darkspear trolls were ever (in the relevant history) in Eastern Kingdoms...
    "While they were in the First Home, for what they thought a week, ended up being three months, the Darkspear tribe was nearly wiped out by a human invasion"

http://www.wowpedia.org/Vol%27jin#Joining_the_Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    "While they were in the First Home, for what they thought a week, ended up being three months, the Darkspear tribe was nearly wiped out by a human invasion"

http://www.wowpedia.org/Vol'jin#Joining_the_Horde
    Thanks. *reads up*

EDIT: Alright, point taken; I would still like to see more than a line in WoWpedia, to be able to fill in who specifically did that, when did it happen and so on. I like my lore to be without such gaps.

EDIT2: Found out, alright.
    Last edited by Serenais; 2011-07-14 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    Never gonna happen. More chance to trolls joining Ally.
    This never gonna happen too.
    Vol'jin hate Garrosh but he is still stand on Horde's benefit. Vol'jin hate Garrosh cuz Garrosh is radical .
    If trolls joining Ally, there will be a civil war between night elves and trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Worgen HATE Forsaken for obvious reasons (if not obvious but interested, play worgen starting zone even if you hate alliance).
    Gilnean HATE Orcs for all that happened in Second War (and following it, leading to the curse could also be blamed on the invasion of the Orcs)

Nope, Worgen won't join Horde.

Talking about tauren, I still haven't found the time to read the story yet, but I'm sure Thrall will stop the tauren from ever leaving the horde, and I guess he has enough influence on Baine to keep it that way.

The only thing I can see happen is that this is the groundwork of another "work together" time that is up ahead, with Baine&Anduin ('fresh' leaders, not so much prejudice towards the other faction, etc) being the main forces keeping the factions from an open war should that ever happen again.
    The Gilneans didn't hole themselves up in Gilneas until the Third War when the Scourge came. The Orcs had nothing to do with them holing themselves up in Gilneas, or the Worgen curse.

P.S Remove Draenei from the game and lore, and I might have respect for the Alliance.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    Thanks. *reads up*

EDIT: Alright, point taken; I would still like to see more than a line in WoWpedia, to be able to fill in who specifically did that, when did it happen and so on. I like my lore to be without such gaps.
    Here's some more lines i guess

"There the orcs met the troll leader, Sen'jin, who told them of a human outpost that attacked his tribe night and day on the island. Fearing for the Horde and the Darkspear Trolls' safety, Thrall and his warriors assaulted the human base, during his stay he reactivated a Fountain of Health and discovered that the isle had active volcanos. Aided by the Darkspear trolls he killed the human leader"

As for a source more credible than Wowpedia, all this took place in WC III, to be more specifc: http://www.wowpedia.org/Riders_on_the_Storm

Edit: Dialouge directly from the game

Sen'Jin: "I be Sen'Jin, leader of the trolls. This island used to be ours alone, but no more. You and your friends must be careful; the humans established an outpost on this island some time ago."

Thrall: "Humans?"

Sen'Jin: "Yes! They hound us day and night! Their patrols be all over the place. It not be long 'til they find you too!"

Thrall: "Well, I'd rather find them first! We can't risk their patrols' alerting the outpost about us! Lok-Tar, my brothers! We're moving out!"

Sen'Jin: "Good luck, my friend! I got important matters to tend to, but I be seein' you soon."
    Last edited by Thorqin; 2011-07-14 at 08:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinLee View Post
    This never gonna happen too.
    Vol'jin hate Garrosh but he is still stand on Horde's benefit. Vol'jin hate Garrosh cuz Garrosh is radical .
    If trolls joining Ally, there will be a civil war between night elves and trolls.
    Vol'jin doesn't care about the Elves as much as the Amani, or Gurubashi do. Hence why they're allied to the Blood Elves in the Horde.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. ~ Albert Einstein

If Tauren will really join the alliance, the balance of WoW will be broken. Unless someone race of alliance join horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's some more lines i guess

"There the orcs met the troll leader, Sen'jin, who told them of a human outpost that attacked his tribe night and day on the island. Fearing for the Horde and the Darkspear Trolls' safety, Thrall and his warriors assaulted the human base, during his stay he reactivated a Fountain of Health and discovered that the isle had active volcanos. Aided by the Darkspear trolls he killed the human leader"

As for a source more credible than Wowpedia, all this took place in WC III, to be more specifc: http://www.wowpedia.org/Riders_on_the_Storm

Edit: Dialouge directly from the game

Sen'Jin: "I be Sen'Jin, leader of the trolls. This island used to be ours alone, but no more. You and your friends must be careful; the humans established an outpost on this island some time ago."

Thrall: "Humans?"

Sen'Jin: "Yes! They hound us day and night! Their patrols be all over the place. It not be long 'til they find you too!"

Thrall: "Well, I'd rather find them first! We can't risk their patrols' alerting the outpost about us! Lok-Tar, my brothers! We're moving out!"

Sen'Jin: "Good luck, my friend! I got important matters to tend to, but I be seein' you soon."
    And the Darkspear tribe page specifically states that it was marines from Kul-Tiras, led by Kelen the Seeker. Guess that settles that.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Serenais; 2011-07-14 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Typosis.