worgens kill zombies
    worgens are the allies only monsta race
    its not a fair trade off

human = orc / leading race
    gnome = goblin / midget race
    draneai = tauren / fatty race
    worgen = forsaken / monster race
    nightelf = bloodelf /elf race
    dwarf = troll / common enemy race, ugliest women race (take ur pick)

to be honest its pretty nicely balanced
    I agree with the grouping but not with the reasoning.
    For example gnome/goblin are both a comical relief (not saying they're ALL about jokes) - also they're small, yes - I guess that helps with the jokes.
    Human/orc is the main opposition of the whole damn universe, set up by Warcarft I.
    Also if you find forsaken (rotting, missing parts, open wounds, visible bones...), orc or goblin females more feminine appealing than dwarven females (In case you never rolled one, what I assume: they don't have beards) I think there is something up with YOU. And even female troll can only lose to female forsaken in the chinese version of the game. (And after all this is about looks, so everyone has a different opinion )
    Dwarf/Troll are rather the secondary opposition in the Warcraft universe (even though it seems to water down a bit recently, not sure if Blizzard still follows that strong dwarf vs. troll theme) and also share a more adult (drunken/stoned) theme.
    Worgen/Forsaken both have a fate that they (most of the time) didn't choose (under full freedom) with some of them only tolerating it, others accepting it.
    Last edited by Samin; 2011-07-14 at 08:38 AM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Worgen joining the horde could it happen?

As the worgen joining the horde i cant help but feel that even though the forsaken and the worgen have been fighting each other they really do have alot in common what with them both being considered outcasts and that they both share a close proximity to one another. It would make sense to try to get them as allies that way the northern kingdoms would be secured for the horde.
    I do believe that something about attempted genocide by the forsaken may severely limit any possibility of this actually happening. It the same kind of thing as someone trying to murder and then you guys becoming friends ... the universe doesn't quite feel good about the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Arktosa View Post
    The Gilneans didn't hole themselves up in Gilneas until the Third War when the Scourge came. The Orcs had nothing to do with them holing themselves up in Gilneas, or the Worgen curse.

P.S Remove Draenei from the game and lore, and I might have respect for the Alliance.
    Remove Draenei from the game and I won't have any respect for Alliance, its thanks to Humans and Elves that the Azeroth is in its current state...

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    And the Darkspear tribe page specifically states that it was marines from Kul-Tiras, led by Kelen the Seeker. Guess that settles that.
    Thank you.
    Kul-Tiras was and still is part of the Alliance, that's why in addition to other various reasons I don't see much love loss between the Darkspears and the Alliance.

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorlas View Post
    Kul-Tiras was and still is part of the Alliance, that's why in addition to other various reasons I don't see much love loss between the Darkspears and the Alliance.
    I am not disputing that, of course. Some of the other pages state that the outpost was a small one (can't judge, since everything is Warcraft III and WoW is very much downsized), hardly an all out invasion; on the other hand, there is supposedly currently less than ten thousand darkspear trolls (according to lore, not player count ), so I understand why they could've seen this as such.

Deleted
    Alliance came into Tauren territory and killed anyone who defended themselves, civilian or otherwise. That's not murder, that's massacre.
    Well if they havent defended themselves and fleed they could be alive.

It'd be better if we could trade the garbage Blood Elves for the Worgen. Think about it, the Alliance could have 2 elf races, in the past they hated each other but with NE's being tolerant of mages now it seems it wouldn't be a stretch to have them ally again. BE's would have to lose their ability to be paladins however, and you could make it instead where the NE's teach them how to become druids (to make up for loss of Worgen druids). The Worgen would lose the ability to be druid and could join the Horde. A portion of them could move into Thunder Bluff. There they could learn the ways to become Paladins from the Tauren (to make up for loss of BE paladins.) Every other class that those races can be would stay the same. I think it would be awesome, and worse things have happened with the lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Ofcourse they defend themselves. Its their territory and the humans are intruders. It would be very weird if they left without a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Right, it's there fault that they defended their territory. Like when Nazi Germany attacked various countries during WW II, it was the other countries fault for not running enough. Nazi's were just doing their job.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, it's there fault that they defended their territory. Like when Nazi Germany attacked various countries during WW II, it was the other countries fault for not running enough. Nazi's were just doing their job.....
    I do believe that comparing the Alliance to WW2 Germany is taking it a bit too far...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetti View Post
    Oh that beautiful sound of Alliance propaganda

"We are the good ones, Horde is savages, we don't kill we sack the place and let everyone go, where are all the Tauren living here to this moment? They ran away to their savage places probably"

Tauren will never join the Alliance, they have too much honor to do that...
    Signed. The Taurajo quest lines gave me a new battlecry, and refuelled my desire to get into PvP and DESTROY EVERY HUMAN I FIND.

REMEMBER TAURAJO!

Regardless, the fact is if another nation invades your territory, you defend it. Saying that the deaths of civilians, women and children are not the Alliances fault is wrong.

Deleted
    I don't think the Gilneans would ever align themselves with a faction which has the Forsaken as current members.

Not trading werewolves for a bunch of flea ridden, low poly, cows. They can whine to high heaven about loosing one dirt farm, and compare the alliance to hitler, but when horde does 100x worse, its glossed over. Alliance need to be as ruthless as the horde. None of this, "let the civiians go!" and "punish the looters!" For every alliance murdered and raised as a forsaken, we shoulda thrown a tauren on the BBQ for a cookout.

Deleted
    it would require a larger swap to occur. worgen and undead would have to switch they could never be allies.

undead joining alliance would mean alliance have to consede the north to 'the dead who used to own the land when they were living' even though all the land would have been given to someone else in that persons 'will' when they died.
    could work if first the argent crusade purge the crap outa them. i mean it was the argent crusade that made kiling LK possible kiling the forsaken, ie it's leaders, would be an easy task compared to LK.

however it comes back to..... the worgen before they were orgen faught and killed orcs in wc2. and even had a battalion go through the dark portal to do it.

Why is it so hard to imagine the worgen and the forsaken not becomeing allies (yes i know it aint gonna ever happen in the wow universe) but if this was real life then tactical it would make a very smart decision to do so
    look at germany during ww2 and the atrocities that they committed but soon after the war they become one of our most strongest allies.
    Previous actions that take place in war are easily forgotten when it comes to terrotorial advantage and if those two did become allies then the alliance would have no chance of ever taking back the northern kingdoms which SW covets so much

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that the Elves could switch sides.

Blood Elves make more sense with the Alliance, and Night Elves make more sense with the Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to have missed the part where the worgen and Forsaken hate each other about as fiercely as Garrosh hates the Alliance and Varian hates the orcs.

---------- Post added 2011-07-14 at 10:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Why is it so hard to imagine the worgen and the forsaken not becomeing allies (yes i know it aint gonna ever happen in the wow universe) but if this was real life then tactical it would make a very smart decision to do so
    look at germany during ww2 and the atrocities that they committed but soon after the war they become one of our most strongest allies.
    Previous actions that take place in war are easily forgotten when it comes to terrotorial advantage and if those two did become allies then the alliance would have no chance of ever taking back the northern kingdoms which SW covets so much
    Germany was also reduced to little more than a glorified parking lot in World War 2, and afterwards had taken a complete 180 in its political thinking.

Also, this is Azeroth. If your statement held true, by now the Alliance and Horde would have gotten over their pissing match and unified.

---------- Post added 2011-07-14 at 10:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    I think that the Elves could switch sides.

Blood Elves make more sense with the Alliance, and Night Elves make more sense with the Horde
    [sarcasm]Yes. I can see the nature-worshipping night elves not only joining up with the orcs that are clearcutting Ashenvale and slaughtering their Sentinels, but also the Forsaken who show no reverence at all toward nature and the goblins who pollute pretty much everything they touch. Just like I can see the blood elves going back to the Alliance after what Garithos did to them, and what the Alliance, the night elves and an Ironforge ambassador in particular, did to them in the 1-20 blood elf storyline. Because I'd sure love to shack up with people that have shown no remorse about spying on my every action and trying to get me killed.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

No please don't take away my precious taurens, and keep your filthy dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by wilian View Post
    worgens would never join anyone who works with both forsaken and orcs.
    worgen*******************