Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arcane Mage Stat priorities?

I was wondering what the stat priorities were for an arcane mage? and what i should aim for on hit i know alot of geared mages that dont have there hit capped... thanks

Int > Hit til cap > mastery > crit > haste

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him View Post
    Int > Hit til cap > mastery > crit > haste
    Except it's Int>Hit>Haste>Mastery>Crit when you move into T12 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Move into t12 gear as in a few pieces or near full set?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecuno View Post
    Move into t12 gear as in a few pieces or near full set?
    As in losing 4-piece T11 and grinding to full T12.

Deleted
    Pretty much this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even correct STILL.

Int>Hit>Haste(to soft-cap of 1sec arcane blasts under 4xABstacks, 5% haste raid buff, and Bloodlust)>Mastery>Crit.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    Not even correct STILL.Int>Hit>Haste(to soft-cap of 1sec arcane blasts under 4xABstacks, 5% haste raid buff, and Bloodlust)>Mastery>Crit.
    True... But until you're pretty much bis the soft cap isn't reachable. Even then you're barely reaching it as breaking your 4T11 will require you to gain 11% haste just to make up for it.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Not even correct STILL.

Int>Hit>Haste(to soft-cap of 1sec arcane blasts under 4xABstacks, 5% haste raid buff, and Bloodlust)>Mastery>Crit.
    Is anyone able to tell me what "to soft-cap of 1sec arcane blasts under 4xABstacks, 5% haste raid buff, and Bloodlust" is as a rating. or how to find out what that rating is by myself?

15+ Year Old Account
    Not even correct STILL.

Except in full BiS when you have 27% raid buffed Haste...Haste is still top. Haste is simply put the best secondary stat this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    Is anyone able to tell me what "to soft-cap of 1sec arcane blasts under 4xABstacks, 5% haste raid buff, and Bloodlust" is as a rating. or how to find out what that rating is by myself?
    http://icy-veins.com/arcane-mage-pve...y-guide#sec422

scroll down to the 4.2.2 Haste soft cap section. Has instructions to figure it out.

God I hope they fix T12...

But yeah, Swizzle's right about the stat prios.

Quote Originally Posted by omegatrigun View Post
    http://icy-veins.com/arcane-mage-pve...y-guide#sec422

scroll down to the 4.2.2 Haste soft cap section. Has instructions to figure it out.
    many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    God I hope they fix T12...

But yeah, Swizzle's right about the stat prios.
    I saw on some of the latest posts in the EJ arcane mage thread that people were reporting it is working correctly now. It reduces the total mana cost of ab, according to how much it costs AFTER the ab stack mana increase, and not base mana like it was on the ptr. Apparently it was changed when going from ptr to live.

---------- Post added 2011-07-19 at 04:08 AM ----------

Except in full BiS when you have 27% raid buffed Haste...Haste is still top. Haste is simply put the best secondary stat this tier.
    So even if getting more haste would make your ab lower cast time than the global during heroism, it's still better than mastery? How did you come to that conclusion?

I think he means "fix" as in "make it something more desirable because trading 10% haste isn't worth it".

If you're in BiS, you aren't in T-11, and until you're BiS (without 4pc T-11), your AB isn't under global.

Therefore, Haste > Mastery, Crit this tier.
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Spleen View Post
    I think he means "fix" as in "make it something more desirable because trading 10% haste isn't worth it".

If you're in BiS, you aren't in T-11, and until you're BiS (without 4pc T-11), your AB isn't under global.

Therefore, Haste > Mastery, Crit this tier.
    Your AB is easily getting under global with TW, isn't that the subject?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenzey View Post
    Your AB is easily getting under global with TW, isn't that the subject?
    Not really. You need 60% Haste to get your AB down that far and BL/TW only provides 30% meaning you have a ways to go. Without the free 11% Haste from 4-piece T11...you have a great deal of Haste you need to get now.

Not really. You need 60% Haste to get your AB down that far and BL/TW only provides 30% meaning you have a ways to go. Without the free 11% Haste from 4-piece T11...you have a great deal of Haste you need to get now.
    Swizz are you taking the 15.11% haste from SOW into account with this? Lust/Zerking would now be viable to stack with it, and only needing ~15% haste.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    Swizz are you taking the 15.11% haste from SOW into account with this? Lust/Zerking would now be viable to stack with it, and only needing ~15% haste.
    Umm, I think it'd be better to not take it into account. The reason why I would say no is because by not gearing around that Haste, you now have a longer period of being close to GCD cap by spreading out your Haste CDs instead of stacking them.

Being a 1 min CD SOW is guranteed to be up each time. So Lust + SOW + 15% = GCD Capped. Berserking + SOW + 15% = ~10% off cap.

I'm still not completely sold on haste being #1 when in BiS, my sims (as shown in the 4.2 BiS thread) state Haste is .1335 DPS behind Mastery.