Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    3 27" ASUS monitors. they wreck face 81" is never too much screen amiright?

10+ Year Old Account
    using a 22 monitor for folders etc to my left and my 46'' full HD Led tv to the right for wow and internetz, working great.when plaing i have wowhead / youtube on the left.
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

I use 21 inch, don't mind using my 27 inch LCD tv as my monitor. Guildmate raids on a 47 inch, i was like dude.. excessive much?

It's not how big the monitor is, it's how close you play to that monitor.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I use a 27" at home for gaming, office work, movies, etc and I love it. My brother just recently purchased a new computer and went the same route and purchased a 27". It is all about having the space.

If you are going to get a 1080p monitor then anything over 24" is a waste as its just stretching the pixels. If you want 27" or 30" it better be a higher res or your playing on a streched out image.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    I used a projector for a while. It covered the entire wall and playing games was epic, but the bulb is dim now from overuse and I don't feel like buying new bulbs over and over. So I have a 27 inch monitor to use now and it's nice.

Maybe someday I will get another bulb.
    I would buy you a bulb, but the pic in your avatar scares me a little >.<

I use dual 27 inch vizio's and i just love them. I went from a 20 to a 27 and it took a week or so to get used to it, but now i couldn't go back. Buddy of mine uses a 45 inch flat screen and he swears by it. I think it's just boils down to what you like.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Industry View Post
    I have a 19" and sometimes when I'm feeling wild I plug my computer into my flatscreen.
    thats what I do, but I also have an old crt 15 inch that I use for a second monitor for vent or full screen hulu/netflix videos. If I had a second graphics card I'd have 32 inch tv plugged in full time. I use the tv for watching movies when I want to stay on my bed and relax with my wireless headphones.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    I realized that too. Big screens are like SSDs.

You might not think you need one, or consider it excessive, but once you've tried it you'll never want to go back.

actually I go back to my 22" monitor frequently when I go for LAN parties. The detail compared to a 32" TV (both 1080p) is noticeable.

But as someone else said.. It really comes down to how close you are going to be to the monitor.. If you're close to a very large screen you'll get lots of eye strain moving your eyes around the screen...

If you're further back.. you can get some crazy sizes comfortably.

Edit: The detail being noticeable as, while they are the same resolution, the 22" has finer pixels and distortions such as around text are less noticed/not noticeable.

Deleted
    recently downgraded from a 27inch to a 24inch and i can safely say that 24inch is my sweet spot

23/24" is probably best, unless you can get a really good 27"+ otherwise the pixels are stretched and distorted.

(I'm personally using a 46" Quattron LED TV which is perfect, costs around £1,500 though)
    Last edited by Yohassakura; 2011-07-19 at 05:58 AM.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

I don't think that's too big at all. Anything over 30 inches is pushing it however.

im using a 64 inch tv as my desktop monitor, 27 is a tad small haha =P

There's nothing too big about 27", only poor people say that! Though I would rather take 2x 24" over a single 27" for desktop use. If the purpose of the monitor is 99% gaming, then 27".

---------- Post added 2011-07-19 at 08:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    3 27" ASUS monitors. they wreck face 81" is never too much screen amiright?
    Pretty fucked up math, but yea I guess. Put those 3 27"s next to a 81" TV and you'll see what I mean :>

At first I disliked my 27'' monitor, but now that I am used to it I cant believe i got by with a lowly 21" monitor so long ago. I can now open another window while I am watching something on youtube.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    (Oh god I'm such a troll)

currently running tri-22" (games for 1, web/mail on another, and 3rd for slingbox/movies) .. thinking of upgrading to 3x24s or 2x27s.. might just go w/ the 3x24 since i'm so used to tri-monitor setup.. was contemplating adding a fourth but i dont have the desk space

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say depends what you use it for... if you plan on watching movies on it from the other end of the room like I do :P go for it!

Otherwise i'd probably go for the 24"...

**Says the one planning a 2x 22" + 1x23" screen...***

Quote Originally Posted by Singen View Post
    I don't think that's too big at all. Anything over 30 inches is pushing it however.
    Heh heh alright, can you say that here ^^?

I've got a 23 inch, but I could picture going bigger. Lol.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2011-07-19 at 08:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see a reason why you'd need a 27inch monitor for something sitting 2 feet away from you. Maybe that's just me.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard