Need advice chosing a new Mouse

Hey guys, I need help to chose a new computer mouse.

Im standing between these two:

The World of Warcraft; Cataclysm Steelseries MMO Mouse: http://steelseries.com/products/game...o-gaming-mouse

And

The Logitech g700 Wireless/Cabled Gaming Mouse: http://reviews.logitech.com/7061/724...ws/reviews.htm

Which of these should I choose, and WHY should I go with the one that you recomend? PS, the Logitech can be cabled aswell.

Thanks for replies!

I use the Logitech and it has horrendous battery life (maybe ~6 hours of game time with 1 battery). I've never tried it corded, though.

It's a nice mouse. Great feel, and good buttons.

Note that I've never been a fan of using mouse buttons for many things (I'm not talking about the main right/left buttons). I use the standard 2 buttons on the side of the mouse which are usually reserved for "back" and "forward" in browsing, but I don't use the other 2 (there are 4 total).

Quote Originally Posted by Shrymp View Post
    I use the Logitech and it has horrendous battery life (maybe ~6 hours of game time with 1 battery). I've never tried it corded, though.

It's a nice mouse. Great feel, and good buttons.

Note that I've never been a fan of using mouse buttons for many things (I'm not talking about the main right/left buttons). I use the standard 2 buttons on the side of the mouse which are usually reserved for "back" and "forward" in browsing, but I don't use the other 2 (there are 4 total).
    Well yeah, the Steelseries one has more buttons, and imo. I love buttons on the mouse, makes PvP alot easier. (for me!) Im running out of keybinds on my keyboard, thats why I hafe to chose either the Steelseries on or the g700 :P They both look pretty sweet, but I'm not sure really

I'd go with whichever one has the most buttons since you can never go wrong with more buttons.

I'd recommend the Razor Naga. It's within the same price range within the 2 you're looking at now and imo you'd get way more out of it.

just replaced my logitech mx518's for logitech g400's yesterday.. just made the best mouse ever even better

I agree with Omang. Razer Naga is really nice and you can set your keybinds in WoW to the numbers on the side without having to worry about apps or add ons. And its going to be much nicer than either of those. The WoW gaming mouse I heard stinks, but it was just a friend who heard from a friends so...I really don't know anything about it. I've heard Logitech is nice but can be glitchy.

Deleted
    Depends on the size of your hands.

If you have big hands, go with the Cataclysm Gaming Mouse. The old Steelseries MMO mouse was shit, granted, but the Cataclysm model is apparently quite decent. But you do need big hands.

If you have small-medium hands then go with the Logitech G700. It has around 13 buttons so it should give you a lot to work with. It's also much better for other games, like FPS and whatever else comes your way.

So yeah, if you mainly play MMOs, and not Strategy of FPS games, then check the size of your hands and base you choice on that.

I'm using the Cataclysm mouse now. If you have a really small hand, it won't be for you. It's VERY comfortable, has the perfect amount of buttons (for me) and they're all in the right spots. The amount of colors and pulsating colors you can choose from is amazing if you color coordinate your gaming system. I love it, you will too.

10+ Year Old Account
    The G700 in corded mode has a very thick cord that can be a hindrance.

The Steelseries Cataclysm mouse has been almost universally panned by critics though I have yet to feel it in hand.

My suggestion, if I had to make one between the two, would be the Logitech G700.

If i got to go off the list I would suggest either the Logitech MX518 or the Mionix Naos 5000/3200. Both are great/fantastic/near-perfect mice.

I own the G700 and love it. I have all 4 of the thumb buttons as well as the three buttons next to the left click bound in game. It tracks well and feels sturdy when you hold it. I also use it for FPS games and it works well there. I run it with the USB cable plugged in just because I can never remember to plug in and recharge my mouse so I only use wireless mice with the cables plugged in.

While ive never used a Razer Naga I have used a Death Adder and a Mamba and after the combined experience with both of them I cannot recommend a Razer mouse to anyone. Both mice developed tracking issues after a period of time(about 6 months) where no matter what direction you moved the mouse the cursor would only move left/right in a straight line. This happened on both mice on multiple pads with different firmware and driver versions and ive talked to other people in guild who have had the same issue. I tried cleaning the optics with air and it didnt seem to fix it either but if you took the mouse while it was erroring and point the optics up into the air then back to the mouse pad it would reset and work normally again.